LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 several issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 10:26 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Maybe first make sure that one of the three buttons on the LX is "cleared" from memory to accept a new code from the gated community opener?

It should work.

Originally Posted by DocT
There is a problem with Toyota and Lexus. When I bought a new Highlander and tried to program to Homelink from garage opener (remote), I read the manual .....new battery is needed in the garage opener in order to program it. Still it did not, but I used the ladder to push "learn" button in order to the signal to recognize it, but finally it worked. LX is the same.

I still have problem programming Homelink to the community gate opener.

On the order hand, my new Honda Ridgeline has no problem and I can also use Homelink to open the community gate.

So any suggestion to make Homelink to link it to community gate opener?
Old 03-25-17, 04:57 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Maybe first make sure that one of the three buttons on the LX is "cleared" from memory to accept a new code from the gated community opener?

It should work.
The car was brand new when got it home. I will try to clear the memory of 3rd one and let you know.
After 30 min of trying, the result is still not working. The orange light popped up indicating "no signal"

Last edited by DocT; 03-25-17 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-25-17, 10:35 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Guys and Gals, don't let homelink break up a happy family. Both of you are right about garage door openers that either is rolling or none rolling code. Openers that use rolling code do require you to press the learning button on the actual opener (hung from the ceiling). You do not use the remote to program with rolling code openers. On the other hand, openers that do not use rolling codes use a remote (little keychain / visor thingy with 1-3 buttons) to program Homelink. I have experience with both types.

Now, to DocT's issue. I have a BMW 7er that will not work 100% of the time with my community gate. Replacement of the homelink in the car (It took the president's order for BMW to do it, knowing Lexus, they will NEVER do it) only increase the chances of it working with the community gate. In other words, my BMW homelink would work with the gate 60-70% of the time after replacement. I have another BMW, a MB, Toyota, and 2 Lexus that works fine 100% of the time with the gate.

My community gate is not a rolling code, so programming was via a remote control. I suspect that your community gate is the same. My problem BMW would program but not talk to the gate opener 100% of the time used. Try to program a different button other than the 3rd.
The following users liked this post:
caha14 (03-27-17)
Old 03-26-17, 09:02 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Hey Bimmer32,

Thank you for those kind words....BTW, I did try the 2nd button as well. I just wonder if it has a "learn button" at the community gate ( the motor box at the gate) like the garage opener?
Old 03-26-17, 03:34 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Learning new things EVERYDAY. Thanks Bimmer32!!!😁

Interesting how these work easier on a Toyota and more "headaches" with a Lexus. Just wondering what the engineers were thinking? I'm sure there is some reasons for all these. Since I'm not an engineer, IDK.

The HOA is updating the "community gate" at my "work" place where I have a condo unit (I fly between SoCal and MS for work). I will see how this works with my RCF (I have my RCF in MS and the LX570 kids mobile at home in SoCal).

Hey Bimmer32,

Thank you for those kind words....BTW, I did try the 2nd button as well. I just wonder if it has a "learn button" at the community gate ( the motor box at the gate) like the garage opener?
Old 03-26-17, 05:31 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Interesting how these work easier on a Toyota and more "headaches" with a Lexus. .
No, actually it is Toyota Highlander is the problem, not my LX. I did not have problem with LX when I programmed it.
Old 03-26-17, 08:44 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

My bad.

All these new technologies just make everything more complicated.

​​​​​​

No, actually it is Toyota Highlander is the problem, not my LX. I did not have problem with LX when I programmed it.
Old 03-27-17, 07:11 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Openers that use rolling code do require you to press the learning button on the actual opener (hung from the ceiling). You do not use the remote to program with rolling code openers.
This is great to know (even though I already did it the "old" way). As I posted earlier, the instructions used to call for two steps for rolling-code openers; indeed they don't anymore (checked my manual, out of curiosity), and I could have saved the step with the remote in hand.

All these new technologies just make everything more complicated.

​​​​​​
Homelink has been around for decades and has functioned similarly across many vehicles I've had it on. It's interesting to read about the various use cases and related challenges, though.
ggebhardt (03-27-17)
Old 03-29-17, 02:43 PM
Gordj
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

With my '14 the cruise shuts off in a downpour when the wipers are on auto and senses enough rain to have the wipers on "frantic" but if the wipers are not on auto the cruise works normally. I just put the wipers on normal and the cruise is happy. Don't like 'frantic' anyway.
Old 03-31-17, 06:22 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I would venture for a case of Heineken that most commercial gate openers used in communities are not rolling codes because of the inconvenience it causes. if the gate opener was a rolling code, then the HOA has to come help every new resident and/or new car belonging to an existing resident with the homelink. They will not let just anyone touch community property.

Here's a test. Program your car's homelink with a remote control for the gate opener. If homelink indicates that it learned successfully, then your community gate open is none rolling code. Otherwise, it is rolling code./
ggebhardt (04-01-17)
Old 03-31-17, 09:49 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I would venture for a case of Heineken that most commercial gate openers used in communities are not rolling codes because of the inconvenience it causes. if the gate opener was a rolling code, then the HOA has to come help every new resident and/or new car belonging to an existing resident with the homelink. They will not let just anyone touch community property.

Here's a test. Program your car's homelink with a remote control for the gate opener. If homelink indicates that it learned successfully, then your community gate open is none rolling code. Otherwise, it is rolling code./
I saw two guys were working on the community gate this afternoon. I stopped and asked the guys about the homelink remote. He was trying to help a lady in the neighborhood, who also has had problem with her homelink, but those guys could not help either and don't know how to link it. They gave up and could not help the lady. So I asked the guys if the box has any "learn button" like the garage opener. He said that not this box, but the newer ones would have it.

Here is the dilemma. The gate opener works on my Honda Ridgeline and Lexus LX, but not Toyota Highlander. So why it does not work on new Toyota Highlander?