LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

What do you dislike about your LX 570?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-17, 05:46 PM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I notice how MY dealer does not even check to alignment until AFTER the 10K. I suspect I will need one at the 15K.
My '17 was delivered new slightly out of alignment. I'd encourage all new buyers to have the alignment checked. There's a great YouTube video explaining how many new cars are misaligned . . . .
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (02-01-17)
Old 01-31-17, 04:38 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
heres what I dislike about the LX570. I don't own a Lx570. that's what I dislike about the Lx570.

LOL, go to the dealer and roll it into your garage. There you got it.
Old 02-01-17, 07:21 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The only thing that I really wish it had and would have paid for is a leather dashboard. That smooth leather, looking at it and touching it. I don't really mind the other nonleather stuff around the cabin as most are out of sight. But the dashboard is so in your face every time you drive. Still, wouldn't pick any other vehicle over it.
Old 02-01-17, 10:12 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andreasP
The only thing that I really wish it had and would have paid for is a leather dashboard. That smooth leather, looking at it and touching it. I don't really mind the other nonleather stuff around the cabin as most are out of sight. But the dashboard is so in your face every time you drive. Still, wouldn't pick any other vehicle over it.
Leather dashboard will not last when the sun keeps beating up on it.
Old 02-01-17, 10:28 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
Leather dashboard will not last when the sun keeps beating up on it.
I do believe that they will last more than leather seats which will get scuffed, wrinkled, and discolored from every day usage.
It could be a great option for those who want it, similar to the offerings from Porsche as mine with natural leather on the dashboard has been flawless so far but the seats do require yearly maintenance to stay in top shape. On the other hand, our IS350 dashboard rubber-like material has melted from the sun. So who knows how resilient those in the LX will be.
Anyways a clear UV film will block up to 99% of the spectrum so that might give us the peace of mind.
Old 02-01-17, 09:30 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Surround view button covered up by steering wheel.
HUD is not bright enough and appears low resolution (Lexus, go get HUD from BMW or MB)
Paid too much for a pair of rear display screen that only does 720p and looks bad (color reproduction)
No Wifi video option. No wifi option at all.
Tires are too skinny and not flush with side of car. Makes truck look like weak.
No automatic rear close/open for the bottom gate (Range Rover does it)
Shifter cover and seats not fully leather
Can't believe this truck does not sit level left/right (off by 1/2 inch).
No Shimamoku wood steering wheel despite listed on the monroney sticker (await from Lexus)

Otherwise, good truck for price I paid relative to other brands.
Old 02-02-17, 02:32 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Have they agreed to replace your steering wheel? Did you take it up with the dealer or with lexus corporate? I never noticed this, but now that I look closely I see that the steering wheel is Walnut,
Old 02-02-17, 10:24 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, go to the dealer and roll it into your garage. There you got it.
I wish the LX came with a 2nd row captain's chair option like the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade.
Old 02-03-17, 12:02 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jayson
I wish the LX came with a 2nd row captain's chair option like the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade.
The new GX comes with 2nd row captain chairs as an option . But some folks overthere don't like it.
Old 02-03-17, 02:08 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Idea

Originally Posted by Jayson
When they get around to that, perhaps they could make the rear seats adjustable toward the rear of the vehicle as well as toward the front, giving the option for more leg room for the rear seat passengers, or more haul space.

In addition, the steering on my old LX feels very heavy, ponderous, especially after driving my wife's RX.

Question: does the 2016/17 ride better than the 2015?
Old 02-03-17, 02:37 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeivan
In addition, the steering on my old LX feels very heavy, ponderous, especially after driving my wife's RX.
LX still uses hydraulic power steering which gives you much better feedback comparing to electric power steering which is used today on almost all cars (the main reason for the electric power steering is fuel economy difference and it's also easier to add driving tools like active lane assist).

I think that '16 LX drives the same as '15 LX. The main difference is the 8 gear automatic transmission on the new LX which is substantially worse than 6 speed on older LXs.
Old 02-03-17, 03:09 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

The new GX comes with 2nd row captain chairs as an option . But some folks overthere don't like it.
They've got more to worry about with that back door that opens on the wrong side. Captain's chairs in the 2nd row mean Toyota can't say it's an 8-passenger truck. Nor can you fold captain's chairs to give you more hauling room.

Originally Posted by mikeivan
When they get around to that, perhaps they could make the rear seats adjustable toward the rear of the vehicle as well as toward the front, giving the option for more leg room for the rear seat passengers, or more haul space.

Your LX feels "very heavy, ponderous" since it weights half again as much as the RX.

Adults in the third row should have very short legs and may feel they're punished sitting in the third row. All 3 years ride the same.

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
LX still uses hydraulic power steering which gives you much better feedback comparing to electric power steering which is used today on almost all cars (the main reason for the electric power steering is fuel economy difference and it's also easier to add driving tools like active lane assist).

I think that '16 LX drives the same as '15 LX. The main difference is the 8 gear automatic transmission on the new LX which is substantially worse than 6 speed on older LXs.
No disagreement.
Old 02-03-17, 10:28 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Have they agreed to replace your steering wheel? Did you take it up with the dealer or with lexus corporate? I never noticed this, but now that I look closely I see that the steering wheel is Walnut,
I have been busy with work lately, and general manager of south division and corporate said to give them a month to sort it out. I'll call them tomorrow or next week and let you'll know. They ask me what they can do to make me happy (standard protocol), and I said either change the steering wheel description on unsold LX with Espresso Wood and/or make me (and others) a steering wheel to match my other wood trim.

Hell if I going to pay a bunch of dead presidents to see two different types of wood every time I drive this truck. If they toy with me, I'll give them a class action just for the hell of it. Plenty of young attorneys will have an opportunity to get their name heard for a not a very difficult case. And it might raise aware of the importance of the monroney sticker. But in reality, Lexus may just voluntarily compensate with some cheezy gift certificates to buy more Lexus accessories.
Old 02-06-17, 09:29 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4 Month Ownership of 16 LX 570

Dislike list in no particular order:
  1. Lack of storage space
  2. Lack of Blue Ray player
  3. No way to utilize a secondary audio source when rear DVD is used (Is there an audio out somewhere)
  4. Flimsy doors (compared to the heft of wife's 16 RX)
  5. Gas mileage (knew before purchase)
Likes in no particular order:
  1. Exterior
  2. Interior
  3. ML Audio
  4. Separate Bass-Treble-Mid for each audio source
  5. Power (despite others belief that the LX 570 is a wheezing dog)
  6. Rarity on the road
Comparison with previous car (16 Escalade)
  1. Esky CUE more customizable than Lexus Enform
  2. Lexus Enform offers more features than Esky CUE
  3. Third row seat bigger in LX
  4. Esky is smoother on smooth roads.
  5. LX is smoother on bumpy roads
  6. Better gas mileage in Esky
  7. Better Fit and Finish in LX
  8. Esky's touring and sport mode felt EXACTLY the same. I can tell the difference in LX
  9. Esky was not the best in snow. LX isn't the best either, but better than Esky.
  10. LX stereo puts Esky stereo to shame.
  11. Navi better in Esky
Old 02-06-17, 10:01 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Dislike list in no particular order:
  1. Lack of storage space Agreed...it's overflowing with cup holders, but that's about it. Inferior to the 100 Series. Adding a tray to the top of the cooler helps, but that means I need to stick a cooler behind the seat on hot days, as Samuel Colt is stored on the tray.
  2. Lack of Blue Ray player
  3. No way to utilize a secondary audio source when rear DVD is used (Is there an audio out somewhere) Kids are grown and out of the house, so normally it's just wife and I or just I...no need for video in back. If anybody is in the back, it's either of us taking a nap.
  4. Flimsy doors (compared to the heft of wife's 16 RX)
  5. Gas mileage (knew before purchase) I wish I could get 30mpg, but it's a 3 ton truck that weighs 3 tons with a 5.7L engine. Get real...if you don't know that mpg is atrocious on a 200 series, you're woefully unprepared to buy one, let alone anything else.
Likes in no particular order:
  1. Exterior
  2. Interior
  3. ML Audio
  4. Separate Bass-Treble-Mid for each audio source
  5. Power (despite others belief that the LX 570 is a wheezing dog) 130 hp per ton to me doesn't describe a wheezing dog. You can definitely get a faster SUV, but "faster" here equals lack of off road capability and room for passengers and their stuff, not to mention, especially, reliability and depreciation.
  6. Rarity on the road To say the least.
Comparison with previous car (16 Escalade)
  1. Esky CUE more customizable than Lexus Enform
  2. Lexus Enform offers more features than Esky CUE
  3. Third row seat bigger in LX
  4. Esky is smoother on smooth roads.
  5. LX is smoother on bumpy roads
  6. Better gas mileage in Esky
  7. Better Fit and Finish in LX
  8. Esky's touring and sport mode felt EXACTLY the same. I can tell the difference in LX
  9. Esky was not the best in snow. LX isn't the best either, but better than Esky.
  10. LX stereo puts Esky stereo to shame.
  11. Navi better in Esky
Bold-face mine. I came off 3 Suburbans prior to getting the LX and Land Cruiser. All were 2500's, so apples-to-oranges, but 10 to 14 mpg was typical. IMO, I've never been impressed by the Escalade.

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about your LX 570?