LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Long time RX member, first time LX member here

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-16, 11:58 AM
scottone92
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Long time RX member, first time LX member here

Good afternoon everyone. As the title states, I have been a long time RX member. Still have the 1999 and it runs strong. We just purchased a 2013 LX yesterday. We absolutely love the vehicle. I was on the fence with a 14/15 GX, but the LX we found was amazing. It is Noble Spinel Mica with the tan parchment interior. It has about 36K and came fully loaded with the Mark Levinson, Luxury Package, Wide View Monitor, RSES, Preferred Accessory Package, Paint Protection Film, Glass Break Sensor, Remote Start and Key Gloves. I told my wife the guy who had it before us checked almost every option box. Clean Carfax and service every 5K at the local Lexus dealer there. Out the door was $52K, felt like a nice deal from the Lexus dealer in south Florida. You will see in the pictures I was egging my wife on and having some fun. The only thing I could find wrong with it, is one of the rear entertainment screens is busted. I think the person before us had kids and cracked the passenger screen. I will be looking to replace that pretty soon. I might take it apart and see who made it for Lexus. Maybe there is some info behind the screen itself. After this project, I will upgrade the interior lights to LED as well as the fog lamps. I see Lexus upgraded those to LED's on the 14/15 model years. Anyways, we are very excited and love reading this forum. It has saved me a lot of money over the years. I look forward to interacting with everyone. Have a great day!....Steve
Attached Thumbnails Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lx11.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lx22.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lx33.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lx44.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lx55.jpg  

Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lxi.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lxi2.jpg   Long time RX member, first time LX member here-lxi3.jpg  

Last edited by scottone92; 09-16-16 at 06:58 AM. Reason: I added interior pictures.
Old 09-14-16, 01:24 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

That's a great price for a great looking car! My wife and I looked a few weeks back and the 2013 LX's were in the mid $50s with higher miles than yours so that is a great price! Different ride compared to the RX, huh? =)

The busted entertainment screen, is that something your dealer can rectify (not a warranty thing) given that they likely would have factored that in during trade-in time when assessing the value by the previous owner. On the big picture side, you won't miss it anyway...

Thx
Alvin
Old 09-14-16, 02:16 PM
scottone92
Driver School Candidate

Yea it is night and day better. I mean our 1999 RX300 is very nice, but there is no comparison. The dealer told me it would be a couple of grand to fix it. Looking on ebay, there are a used couple for sale starting around $1K. It looks pretty easy to disassemble. I am going to pull it out in the next couple of weeks and see if there are any identification on who makes it for Lexus. My guess it is Samsung, Sony, Hitachi ect... If not, I will call salvage yards and have one shipped. I am sure I can find one under $500 at worst. I doubt we will use it much at all, but it bothers me there is something broke.

QUOTE=Wandl;9619155]That's a great price for a great looking car! My wife and I looked a few weeks back and the 2013 LX's were in the mid $50s with higher miles than yours so that is a great price! Different ride compared to the RX, huh? =)

The busted entertainment screen, is that something your dealer can rectify (not a warranty thing) given that they likely would have factored that in during trade-in time when assessing the value by the previous owner. On the big picture side, you won't miss it anyway...

Thx
Alvin[/QUOTE]
Old 09-14-16, 05:41 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice, welcome, the red is a rare color.
Old 09-14-16, 05:42 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Don't forget to take out the 3rd row seats if you don't need them - saves 115 pounds of weight and opens up the cargo area.
Old 09-14-16, 06:16 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dream color combo. Congratulations.
Old 09-14-16, 09:48 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations, beautiful car indeed. I just bought 2013 LX570 last May with 22,000 Miles for $56000, I had to pay taxes and registration extra around $5,000.

Your price is fantastic given that I don't have the Laser cruise control, but otherwise fully equipped with all options.
Old 09-15-16, 05:48 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful truck and a rare color. We converted from a GX (2004) to a '10 LX a few years ago and the difference between the GX and LX models is night and day IMO, so I personally think you made a great decision. I know a lot has changed in the GX, but from a size perspective it's still basically the same as it was when we had ours and I appreciate the extra width of the LX and a less top-heavy feel on the highway. I kinda regret not springing for a '13 LX as I prefer the slight modifications to the headlights and tail lights in that year compared to what I have, but at the time I didn't want to fork out the extra cash for a '13. We live in FL as well so I'll honk if I see you (never seen a red LX).

Sounds like you got a good deal- and your wife looks happy so all is good in the world. Cheers,
Old 09-15-16, 07:58 AM
gfcipriani
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats on the purchase of a beautiful truck in a nice (rare) color combination. Really sharp! Seems like you got a good price with all the options. Enjoy your driving and ownership experience!

My last Lexus was a 2004 GX. The LX is worlds beyond, honestly. You made the right choice.
Old 09-15-16, 01:17 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I kinda regret not springing for a '13 LX as I prefer the slight modifications to the headlights and tail lights in that year compared to what I have, but at the time I didn't want to fork out the extra cash for a '13. We live in FL as well so I'll honk if I see you (never seen a red LX).

Sounds like you got a good deal- and your wife looks happy so all is good in the world. Cheers,
Though a few people have retrofitted newer lights into their LX, that is expensive, you can at least upgrade your low beam pretty easily for about 100 bucks to LED for a brighter beam. I run the Opt7 in my highs and fogs and there are many other kits as well that can improve the appearance and performance of your main beams.

I think the previous tails look fine.
Old 09-16-16, 03:12 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Great looking truck and color!

Enjoy and WELCOME!
Old 09-16-16, 07:03 AM
scottone92
Driver School Candidate

I really appreciate everyone welcoming me. Very cool. I agree, this is one of the best color combinations. Kind of strange there were not more imported? We get a lot of folks who comment on the color over the past couple of days. Especially in direct sunlight. I am currently rearranging my garage to fit this beast in it. Big difference coming from a 1999 RX300. I plan to clay bar it over the next week or two and seal it with opti-coat. Thank you again....Steve