LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Seating

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 11:06 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Seating

I have owned a 2014 LX but was wondering is the seating configuration is any different in the 2016? I was not in love with the comfort of the 14' model and my dealer which is 2 hours away claims its a totally new car which I find hard to believe. It appears to be the same with a new front and rear end. If someone came from the last body to the new please chime in! Thanks
Old 06-24-16, 11:36 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

My 2016 seating is basically the same, very comfortable to me. The best difference is the passive cooling is GREATLY improved in my opinion.

What did you dislike about the LX seating?
Old 06-24-16, 09:06 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jalnsx
I was not in love with the comfort of the 14' model
The LX has some of the most comfortable seats in the lineup, out of curiosity what are you expecting from the seats? Any softer and more people would complain, any firmer and they would complain also.

Basically, if the seats in a 90K Lexus aren't up to your standards, not much else will be... maybe Porsche, Rolls Royce, or Bentley.

The only very minor issue I have with them is the fact that the active cooling (in the 2011-2015 models) does literally nothing except make noise.

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-24-16 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-24-16, 09:19 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Try sitting in a Honda or Subaru, you will never have an issue with Lexus seats again.
Old 06-24-16, 11:01 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

I have a problem with the pimp my ride screens in the back.

They are too ostentatious.

#firstworldproblems
Old 06-25-16, 04:28 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

I was not clear I like the seats I do not like how it feels as if you are sitting to high up. The Rover, Rcf, Porsche, x5, and many others you can lower and adjust the seat to feel like your sitting within or part of the car not on top of a bucket. So I was hoping for adjustability to allow for a better seating position which would be more comfortablefor me. The seats and materials seems fine just not enough adjustability in my 14' and was hoping that was corrected in the 16'!
Old 06-25-16, 06:49 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Got it. I agree that the height adjustability is a little lacking. I don't believe it was changed for 2016. I will say that the 4runner in particular and a number of other vehicles have lower roofs which IMO is worse for comfort/room.

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-25-16 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-25-16, 07:04 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

The LX is a truck. One of the reasons I love it is because I AM sitting up and above things. It give excellent vision and a feeling of safety for me. If the seat were lower I would be looking through the steering wheel.
Old 06-25-16, 07:59 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Haha, that's so true.

Originally Posted by Chocolate
Try sitting in a Honda or Subaru, you will never have an issue with Lexus seats again.
Old 06-25-16, 02:37 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

LX seating isn't comfortable to me at all when compared to Porsche and Audi. However, my wife likes it better than both. Has something to do with my body shape I guess. My earlier LX was not all the comfortable either.
Old 06-26-16, 07:26 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

They are very comfortable seats, but there's too much lumbar built into the seat even all the way back.

Very noticeable compared to my 2004 ES which also has comfortable seats.
Old 06-27-16, 02:25 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I suspect Lexus does the best it can to fit the average person. Most will be able to adjust the seat to acceptable positions while other will not. Human bodies come in all shapes and sizes and there is no way to make everyone happy.
Old 06-27-16, 01:28 PM
jalnsx
Rookie

We went and drove the new 16' Lx and it is way better over last years. More room in the drivers compartment but just feels like its big and heavy with the new 8 speed it seems even a bit more sluggish than before. Interior is vast improved very nice fit and finish and if it hard more power I would have never looked any further. As usual the quality was great and it road and drove like I expected. We went immediately and drove the 16 Rover 5.0 supercharged and boy it is one of the best SUV's I have driven. It was very comfortable and the power is night and day compared to the LX. I love the Lexus brand and my wife will only drive her RX which they are great. However, if the LX does not do something drastic at the 98k price point they are in trouble. I will def. side its more reliable than probably any thing in this category but it is way behind in almost every other.
Old 06-27-16, 01:43 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jalnsx
We went and drove the new 16' Lx and it is way better over last years. More room in the drivers compartment but just feels like its big and heavy with the new 8 speed it seems even a bit more sluggish than before. Interior is vast improved very nice fit and finish and if it hard more power I would have never looked any further. As usual the quality was great and it road and drove like I expected. We went immediately and drove the 16 Rover 5.0 supercharged and boy it is one of the best SUV's I have driven. It was very comfortable and the power is night and day compared to the LX. I love the Lexus brand and my wife will only drive her RX which they are great. However, if the LX does not do something drastic at the 98k price point they are in trouble. I will def. side its more reliable than probably any thing in this category but it is way behind in almost every other.
I would prefer the LX over the RR any day. They have a horrible dependability record, only beat out by the Rougue. My neighbor had one and in 4 months of ownership it was in service almost 8 weeks. I am on my 5th or 6th LX and you will be hard pressed to find something more dependable.

But if dependability is not important to you and the RR blows your socks off, go for it as it is your money. Go visit the service department and the wonderful break room as it will be your second home.
Old 06-27-16, 02:11 PM
jalnsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I would prefer the LX over the RR any day. They have a horrible dependability record, only beat out by the Rougue. My neighbor had one and in 4 months of ownership it was in service almost 8 weeks. I am on my 5th or 6th LX and you will be hard pressed to find something more dependable.

But if dependability is not important to you and the RR blows your socks off, go for it as it is your money. Go visit the service department and the wonderful break room as it will be your second home.

I am with you all the way and a bit concerned about reliability but they claim the new 14-current full size ROVER since TATA has taken over problems are very few. Its just a third car so I am not driving it daily so being in the shop is not the worse thing but I am hoping for good things it seems to be a great vehicle but only time will tell!

Quick Reply: Seating