LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

5.7 L Toyota Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-16, 02:45 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 5.7 L Toyota Engine

Let me clarify, Tundra, Sequoia, LC, LX all have the same Toyota 5.7 L engine. Lexus LX is a glorify Toyota LC nothing more.
Old 03-17-16, 06:18 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Everything is glorified something. That's how the cookie crumbles.
Old 03-17-16, 09:09 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

and let it be known this will likely be last engine of this size in any lexus.
obsolete engine and lexus needs to pick up the pace
Old 03-17-16, 09:49 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
Let me clarify, Tundra, Sequoia, LC, LX all have the same Toyota 5.7 L engine. Lexus LX is a glorify Toyota LC nothing more.
They do use the same engine. We know LC and LX motors are made in Japan with 100% Japanese content parts.

The first LX was cloned from the Cruiser, that still continues.

This thread from MUD has a decent explanation of the differences...it's from the 100 series section, but I think it still applies to the 200's.

Best quote to me..."LC the is king, plain and simple.

"LX is a lady with lipstick that will raise you up then put you down depending on her mode with sweet sounds and a little extra padding I'm told.

"They both came indiscriminately from the same maker."

Link...http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/quan...#post-10261165

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-20-16 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-19-16, 10:47 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
You are stating the obvious. Nothing is therefore clarified. Everyone who owns an LX knows they have a softer LC, nothing more.
Old 03-20-16, 12:01 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
Yes, it's really nice to say that your LX is close to a such legend like Land Cruiser is!
The 5.7 V8 engine is great. It's reliable. Some people say that it could have more horse power a better mileage. But look at the competition. You don't want the same problems as they have.
Actually I would like to have a better rangle But I don't need a better mileage, just a larger tank would fix it. I know that in Australia LC 200 (and also LX570) can have 45l (12 gallons) sub tank directly from Toyota. I don't understand why this is not available here in the USA.
Old 03-20-16, 02:20 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
Yes, it's really nice to say that your LX is close to a such legend like Land Cruiser is!
The 5.7 V8 engine is great. It's reliable. Some people say that it could have more horse power a better mileage. But look at the competition. You don't want the same problems as they have.
Actually I would like to have a better rangle But I don't need a better mileage, just a larger tank would fix it. I know that in Australia LC 200 (and also LX570) can have 45l (12 gallons) sub tank directly from Toyota. I don't understand why this is not available here in the USA.
I'm with you...During my Suburban phase, a 36 gallon tank got me from downtown Dallas to the outskirts of El Paso on a tank. Boise to the SF bay area on a single tank...both the LX and Cruiser need to stop in both Winnemucca and Sparks.

Think tank capacity is crappy now?...Try spending most of a day driving around the boonies in 4-LO.

Here's a guy on mud that scored a 47 gallon tank. Not inexpensive, installation somewhat more complex than changing your spark plugs...I'd say if you know your way somewhat around tools and go slow, it doesn't look that challenging...though it would help if you have small hands as well as a helper. I'm very tempted. . From what I can see, it's a true auxiliary tank, not an oem "sub-tank"...so, it's there to pump gas into the main tank as needed...the engine doesn't take fuel directly from the aux tank. Long Ranger has had a lot of background doing 100 series gas and gas + water tanks.

Link...http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/47-g.../#post-8621338

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-20-16 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-20-16, 03:26 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
Thanks...🙄
Old 03-20-16, 04:18 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
Is this what they call trolling?
Old 03-20-16, 04:57 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by yakim
Is this what they call trolling?
Not necessarily.

Only if you're bothered by lack of sentence structure, lack of punctuation, and an issue with tense and spelling.

Steve
Old 03-21-16, 08:44 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Stating the obvious..
Originally Posted by hankinid
Not necessarily.

Only if you're bothered by lack of sentence structure, lack of punctuation, and an issue with tense and spelling.

Steve
Old 03-22-16, 07:31 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Australia they're the only car available with the 5,7l engine the landcruiser uses a diesel or smaller v8 engine.

Some tundras are available as imports but for 120k for a well used one i think ill keep my much cheaper lx570 thanks...
Old 03-25-16, 08:46 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBianco
You are stating the obvious. Nothing is therefore clarified. Everyone who owns an LX knows they have a softer LC, nothing more.
I wanted to clarify to people who think Lexus LX engine need to be service only by lexus dealer
Old 03-25-16, 09:28 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VQT
I wanted to clarify to people who think Lexus LX engine need to be service only by lexus dealer
This is pretty much a standard in today's multi-brand car companies. The ZF transmission goes into BMW, Ford, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, VW, Audi, Bentley, Iveco, Ram trucks, Aston martin; and a modified version goes into the E63. I guess one can tell Aamco to charge VW prices for servicing a Rolls.

VW's W12 engine goes into Audis, VW Phaeton and Bentley. VW's diesel V8 goes into its own products as well as Audi and Porsche Cayenne (and Panamera in EU). Brilliance supplies BMW with numerous parts, and vice versa.. Fiat engines are going into Chrysler/Jeep models. Fiat engines also go in Alfa and Lancia labels. Ferrari V8 goes into Maserati. Audi A6 and VW Passat have numerous common components; same with A4 and Jetta, A3 and Golf.

Why would anyone be surprised that Toyota would share the engine across numerous products? Especially WRT the LC/LX, as they are nearly identical cars.

Last edited by MattBianco; 03-26-16 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-25-16, 10:11 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VQT
I'm not sure why they do that, other than to think that a Lexus dealer is more competent than a Toyota dealer, or even worse, an indy shop with good reviews from other LX and / or Cruiser owners.

Dealer competence is anecdotal and most definitely varies by location...stupid to make blanket statements to the contrary.

Steve

Quick Reply: 5.7 L Toyota Engine