LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Maintenance Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-16, 04:57 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Maintenance Schedule

I was looking through the maintenance schedule for the 2016 LX and see that oil changes are necessary every 12 mo or 10K miles, however there is an additional maintenance at the 5K mile intervals that consists of checking things.
This seems like a waste of time/money to me to drive to the dealer and sit there and wait for them to perform nonsense services.
What do the people on this board do? Also, what is the approximate price for an oil change at a lexus or toyota dealer?
Old 03-13-16, 11:41 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
I was looking through the maintenance schedule for the 2016 LX and see that oil changes are necessary every 12 mo or 10K miles, however there is an additional maintenance at the 5K mile intervals that consists of checking things.
This seems like a waste of time/money to me to drive to the dealer and sit there and wait for them to perform nonsense services.
What do the people on this board do? Also, what is the approximate price for an oil change at a lexus or toyota dealer?
It is indeed a waste of your time. A better use of it may be to open the hood once every week or two and simply check the fluid levels. Info should be in your owners manual.

hth

Steve
Old 03-14-16, 07:18 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oil change service is around $130.00 down here.
Compared to a Land Rover I owned in the past (right under $400.00), its a bargain
Old 03-14-16, 12:07 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by yakim
Oil change service is around $130.00 down here.
Compared to a Land Rover I owned in the past (right under $400.00), its a bargain
I called the toyota dealer where we take our old 4 runner for service and they told me $70 for a full synthetic change with 0w20...I know where Ill be going!
Old 03-14-16, 02:19 PM
yakim
Pole Position

I called the toyota dealer where we take our old 4 runner for service and they told me $70 for a full synthetic change with 0w20...I know where Ill be going!
That may or may not be a bargain: your service records will show in My Lexus database and on Carfax. When you decide to trade your car, a new prospective buyer/your dealership would very much appreciate and reward the fact that it was serviced at a Lexus place, not @ Toyota, shallow as it may be.
Old 03-14-16, 02:52 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

That may or may not be a bargain: your service records will show in My Lexus database and on Carfax. When you decide to trade your car, a new prospective buyer/your dealership would very much appreciate and reward the fact that it was serviced at a Lexus place, not @ Toyota, shallow as it may be.
I don't necessarily think a potential buyer would care. Most people in the market for the LX realize that it is a very close relative to the Land cruiser and that the maintenance procedures are identical for both vehicles. The dealerships never check maintenance schedules on trade in...they only offer what they can get at auction for the car anyways.
Old 03-14-16, 03:36 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came with complimentary free maintenance at 6 months and 12 months--
Old 03-14-16, 03:51 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Personally, I think a prospective buyer would be happy that the truck was serviced at either Toyota or Lexus. Given your statement, would I be better off to take my Land Cruiser to a Lexus dealer instead of Toyota? Should I pay the extra per-hour $$ at Lexus v. Toyota? If so, are you saying I'll make up the difference if / when I eventually sell the truck?

I don't think so.

I don't necessarily think a potential buyer would care. Most people in the market for the LX realize that it is a very close relative to the Land cruiser and that the maintenance procedures are identical for both vehicles. The dealerships never check maintenance schedules on trade in...they only offer what they can get at auction for the car anyways.
^Correct answer.

Steve
Old 03-14-16, 04:28 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Wrong answer...That's the difference between AVERAGE trade-in on KBB/Edmunds/NADA and EXCELLENT.. when you trade it in @ Lexus...you save $50.00 @ Toyota and lose $3k when you trade-in @Lexus.
Old 03-14-16, 04:38 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hankinid
Personally, I think a prospective buyer would be happy that the truck was serviced at either Toyota or Lexus. Given your statement, would I be better off to take my Land Cruiser to a Lexus dealer instead of Toyota? Should I pay the extra per-hour $$ at Lexus v. Toyota? If so, are you saying I'll make up the difference if / when I eventually sell the truck?

I don't think so.

^Correct answer.

Steve
Everything you say is wrong re: luxury SUV market. Your bloody Land Cruiser made by Toyota is a cheapskate version of LX 570. And yes, we Lexus owners care if you serviced it at your local uncle Bob Toyota dealership, or @ a Lexus store.
Old 03-14-16, 05:23 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Everything you say is wrong re: luxury SUV market. Your bloody Land Cruiser made by Toyota is a cheapskate version of LX 570. And yes, we Lexus owners care if you serviced it at your local uncle Bob Toyota dealership, or @ a Lexus store.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The Land Cruiser is not a cheapskate version of any vehicle, it is a vehicle that is known all over the world for being tough and reliable and for its outstanding build quality. The LX570 has all the same mechanicals (except the adaptive suspension which is not available on LC in the USA) as a LC, with a nicer interior and different exterior styling.

Anyone who is worth dealing with would not lower the trade in/sale price on a used LX because oil changes were done at a toyota dealer.
Old 03-14-16, 05:44 PM
yakim
Pole Position

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The Land Cruiser is not a cheapskate version of any vehicle, it is a vehicle that is known all over the world for being tough and reliable and for its outstanding build quality. The LX570 has all the same mechanicals (except the adaptive suspension which is not available on LC in the USA) as a LC, with a nicer interior and different exterior styling.

Anyone who is worth dealing with would not lower the trade in/sale price on a used LX because oil changes were done at a toyota dealer.

Anyone worth dealing with will offer you the price of a Lexus minus the $10k deduction for being a cheapskate for servicing your $100k Lexus @ a Toyota dealership, LMASOF

Last edited by yakim; 03-14-16 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-14-16, 06:01 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Pretty sure I've read on this board sometime during the last 10 years of more than one individual having problems associated with having their LX serviced by LC qualified dealership. They aren't the same in all respects. Yes, probably no difference in oil change, but specs on some of the other fluids are different as I recall.
Old 03-14-16, 09:32 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Default I put on my goose waders prior to writing this...

...since this thread is going quickly to crap due to some more than obvious ignorance and / or inexperience with LX and Land Cruiser buying and selling

Einstein, they've always been built entirely using Japanese parts, on a dedicated assembly line. It takes 10 years of experience with Toyota to qualify for a job on that line. Guess what...both LX and Land Cruiser badged trucks are made on the same line.

Why get upset when used LX's, year for year, typically sell for the same or less in the used car market after 4-5 years. My local Toyota and Lexus dealer is owned by the same "uncle"...and they share the same personnel in all departments.

A moronic post.

Nor apparently, the money to buy a clue.

Thanks for the needed clarification of the obvious.

Anyone worth dealing with will offer you the price of a Lexus minus the $10k deduction for being a cheapskate for servicing your $100k Lexus @ a Toyota dealership, LMASOF
More stupidity. What might be causing the fixation on cheapskates? Did you pay cash for your LX (if you even own one), finance it, or, choke, do the lease without a business?

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
Pretty sure I've read on this board sometime during the last 10 years of more than one individual having problems associated with having their LX serviced by LC qualified dealership. They aren't the same in all respects. Yes, probably no difference in oil change, but specs on some of the other fluids are different as I recall.
You recall incorrectly, since the beginning of the LX. Fluids are identical.

Anything you can think of I might have missed??

Steve
Old 03-15-16, 01:53 AM
yakim
Pole Position

The bottom line is, unless geographically challenged or short on cash, please, please do NOT service your Lexus @ a Toyota dealership, because your My Lexus database and Carfax will show that your car wasn't properly serviced and you will lose money when you attempt to trade it or sell it.

Quick Reply: Maintenance Schedule