LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Meant to be! The saga of my LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 10:45 AM
IchibanDJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Meant to be! The saga of my LX

Sooooo... I previously had a 2012 GX 460 that I sold Feb. of 2015 due to the fact that I was planning a move from HI back to MD and also had another SUV as well as motorcycle. Fast forward a bit I ended up not moving and taking another job and decided to stay here in HI until "whenever"... Mid December I ordered a 2016 GX in which the "anticipated delivery date" came to pass not once but twice so in the mean time I got bored and ended up seeing a a 2013 LX with 35K miles on it for around the same price as the new GX. I see this LX on Thursday and go to take a look thinking no one, especially in HI wants a vehicle this size... well, I was wrong and not only was the one I seen already sold they told me that yet another same year with about 70K miles had also flown off the lot!

I was like man, So along comes Christmas and while most were celebrating & gathering, I was out riding the Hog as it was a super nice day and it finally stopped raining... somehow or another I ended up at the Lexus dealership which was of course closed but I did see a silver LX on the lot that I hadn't seen listed and was still tag'd with the do not sell on the window. I didn't know what year it was but I knew it was at least a 2013 due to the front grille and it was in immaculate condition from what I could see. Needless to say I was a bit excited and went down the next morning to find out that it was a 2013 with 1801 miles on it!!! YES 1,801, so I'm like hell yeah... Test drove it and couldn't get my hand in my pocket fast enough to give them the check! ha ha.

Well, come to find out that it was a commercial lease and they couldn't sell it or "hold" it (although I was the only one who had seen it as well as test drove it and made an offer on the spot) since they were still waiting for the title to come in... At this time, the GX is still slowing making it's way here and the LX title is "somewhere" in the mail...

I check in a few days later and still no title but my sales guy tells me that 7 other people are now interested in the LX and I'm like "what for?"... lol So the day finally comes and my guy calls me and says hey, we have the title so get down here as fast as you can as yup you guessed it, 7 other calls went out and it's whoever can get there 1st! Then he shoots me the asking price and I'm like hmmmm.... That's NOT what we discussed or agreed on he's like yeah I know but it's a different manager here today but just come down and make your offer... It's like 1045 in the morning and I'm just dozing off from having worked from 2am-10am which is irregular for my schedule so had it been "just another day" at work for me I would have missed the call!!! Needless to say, I ride my Hog down there... in the rain and got my LX for $65K out the door! They also told me that Iron Chef Morimoto was the previous owner... Pretty cool, sorry for the long story. Aloha
Old 01-23-16, 10:03 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy.
Old 01-24-16, 10:49 AM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great story. How does it drive?
Old 01-24-16, 05:46 PM
IchibanDJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mahalo MattBianco & Dudley33, I'm definitely enjoying it and as for the drive.... it's "dreamy" & for its size it just seems to float, I constantly have to check the odometer