Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our one at night looking rad!

I love those tail lights

Old 03-08-16, 09:08 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2009, LED City, Fog, High beam and low beam. 3800 lumens each except for city light.
Better than halogen. Phillips 4300 HID stronger and had in headlight and fog, but both sets are out of commission..
Old 03-21-16, 08:53 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

....installed Hella Optilux yellow bulbs that replaced the standard fog light bulbs. Wife led the way through a whiteout in snowy conditions recently and said the yellow was distinctly more noticeable in her rear view mirror.

With ski season near its end, the Tundra wheels and Blizzak tires setup will soon go into summer hibernation.

Last edited by MattBianco; 03-22-16 at 08:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
elibutton (11-01-20)
Old 03-21-16, 03:59 PM
ellags430
Rookie

jeez i wish we had snow here... more like rain and mud
Old 03-21-16, 07:27 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by ellags430
Queensland?
Old 03-21-16, 08:18 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Originally Posted by MattBianco
Queensland?
yep, in australia!
Old 03-21-16, 11:59 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I wish I could buy Land Cruiser 70 series like you in Australia...
Old 03-22-16, 10:11 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

....installed Hella Optilux yellow bulbs that replaced the standard fog light bulbs. Wife led the way through a whiteout in snowy conditions recently and said the yellow was distinctly more noticeable in her rear view mirror.

With ski season near its end, the Tundra wheels and Blizzak tires setup will soon go into summer hibernation.
I'll be at the tire store tomorrow to do the same thing...Toyo A/T2's on my oem wheels, not sure yet of the tire size...probably 275-285 LT tires.

I also ditched the white (wth is up with white??) fog bulbs and went with the same yellow bulbs you picked. Fewer things are as weird as turning on your fogs (when it's actually pea-soupy) and having a blast of white reflect back in your face. I still remember foggy summers in Half Moon Bay...yuk. Currently working on adding Hella 4000 DL's to the front, and perhaps LX rear fogs.

yep, in australia!
I agree with ClaytonW about a series 70.

My 2 Australian Cattle Dogs (BEST breed in the world) say "WOOF".

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-22-16 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-22-16, 10:58 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
......Currently working on adding Hella 4000 DL's to the front, and perhaps LX rear fogs........
For driving lights, you may want to look at Rigid Industries http://www.rigidindustries.com They have a range of LED products/bars that would work well. Much cheaper options on Amazon, but Rigid is a sold brand with quality products.

WRT rear fogs, I was thinking the same. Specifically, I was wondering if the unused clear slot that does nothing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...t-section.html) in the tail lights could be fitted with bright red LEDs on the driver side and connected to the same circuit as the fogs.

Rigid:

Last edited by MattBianco; 03-22-16 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-22-16, 11:27 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

For driving lights, you may want to look at Rigid Industries http://www.rigidindustries.com They have a range of LED products/bars that would work well. Much cheaper options on Amazon, but Rigid is a sold brand with quality products.

WRT rear fogs, I was thinking the same. Specifically, I was wondering if the unused clear slot that does nothing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...t-section.html) in the tail lights could be fitted with bright red LEDs on the driver side and connected to the same circuit as the fogs.
Matt, I still haven't found any LED choices that get the light out like HID's or halogen lights...HID's from Hella were a little spendy,

If you're writing about the clear spot with nothing there on the upper outside lights, nothing goes there...long thread on mud about it a month or so ago.

I'm looking at the lower reflectors just below them on my Cruiser...reflector bottom is even more or less with rear bumper step. I was under the impression that LX's have rear fogs in those 2 locations...am I correct?

Steve
Old 03-22-16, 02:44 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
Matt, I still haven't found any LED choices that get the light out like HID's or halogen lights.....

If you're writing about the clear spot with nothing there on the upper outside lights, nothing goes there...long thread on mud about it a month or so ago.
Got it, and I agree. To generate the same lumens, you need a lot more sq centimeter/inches of light fixture housing with LEDs. Efficient use of energy, but not space and light intensity yet.

This is the spot that does nothing on the LX rear lights. In MUD they determined it was the space where reverse lights would go, and it corresponds to where it does go on the LC
In fact, the reverse lights are in the wrong place on the LX as they glare into the back up camera in the dark. They should have kept it simple and in those unused sections.
Old 03-22-16, 05:00 PM
ellags430
Rookie

i cant believe you guys dont get the 70 series?

thats insane.... toyota without the real landcruiser... like a coffee without sugar haha.
v8 turbo diesel is amazing! even the old 4.2l diesel were good motors just a tad slow lol

and cattle dogs are the greatest, we had them and border collies growing up in the country... these days i live in the suburbs and we have a staffy to protect my **** lol
Old 03-22-16, 05:58 PM
ellags430
Rookie

Got it, and I agree. To generate the same lumens, you need a lot more sq centimeter/inches of light fixture housing with LEDs. Efficient use of energy, but not space and light intensity yet.

This is the spot that does nothing on the LX rear lights. In MUD they determined it was the space where reverse lights would go, and it corresponds to where it does go on the LC
In fact, the reverse lights are in the wrong place on the LX as they glare into the back up camera in the dark. They should have kept it simple and in those unused sections.
also on this... has anyone changed the reverse lights to the ones at the sides?

im considering doing this, im sick of not being able to see anything from the glare of the reverse lamps... if its been raining or its dark you have no hope. and it rains a lot here lol
Old 03-23-16, 06:57 AM
MattBianco
Driver

also on this... has anyone changed the reverse lights to the ones at the sides?

im considering doing this, im sick of not being able to see anything from the glare of the reverse lamps... if its been raining or its dark you have no hope. and it rains a lot here lol
Please do the mod and post pictures. That will let me turn the left reverse light into a rear fog light You will do us all a huge favor.
Old 03-23-16, 06:43 PM
ellags430
Rookie

i have rear fogs that work fine though?

im more interested in just moving the reverse lights, but i may flag it on the basis of having to move so much wiring so damn far, (from bottom to top tailgate)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours