2016 Purchase Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 04:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gama2002
I sent a pm to you.
I'm not sure if it's allowed in this forum to mention dealer's name.
They are easy to deal with price wise.
yes you can do that as long as you don't work for the dealership. please do share the info
Old 01-11-16, 06:10 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yes you can do that as long as you don't work for the dealership. please do share the info
Old 01-11-16, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gama2002
nice color choice!
Old 01-12-16, 07:05 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
nice color choice!
A great choice. But I'd expect it to be a keep-clean nightmare. Black was a deal-breaker for me...I ended up with something called "magnetic gray"...which is not as bad as black, but still a pita.

Color of truck in this thread looks like it may not be quite as bad as black and not quite as good as magnetic gray.

For the time you expect to own or lease the truck, I'm not sure why nobody wants to wait a month or 2 to get their ideal color. In my case, I bought the gray truck as it was a one-owner with very low mileage and complete service records from Toyota / Lexus.

Steve
Old 01-12-16, 07:11 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, LX 570 just doesn't have a whole lot of unique colors different from Toyota equivalents, and I find it strange. Amongst the lighter ones you get white, champagne and silver, then there is nebula grey, and lastly black and blue. Compare this to Land Rover colours, for example...
Old 01-19-16, 11:20 AM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the most anyone has gotten off the MSRP? I know gama2002 got 6k off...
Old 01-19-16, 12:28 PM
Tommytms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
What's the most anyone has gotten off the MSRP? I know gama2002 got 6k off...
That's a great discount , for 6k off on the 2016 I believe it's a best deal you can get ,since most of us who've bought the LX recently my self included ,can't even get 3,000$ off or some people not even 2,000$
Old 01-19-16, 06:46 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Chicagoland area dealers are doing $2k off
Old 01-20-16, 09:29 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

At the end I have decided for 16 LC which I got in November for $1k over invoice. LX I had the same offer from a dealer from who I have bought few Lexuses before and know the GM (would have to wait a month as the initial two were already spoken for). At the end front of LX was giving me nightmares, but miss the interior plus small touches like electric rear gate, but on other hand I am glad that I don't have the adjustable suspension and KDSS works really great with my more aggressive driving. As well additional +$10k lower price pushed me over.

You can get a great price if you are willing to deal with several dealers within xxx miles radius. Often they have no competition in the same city. In my home town both dealers are owned by the same family. Key is negotiate with internet department without walking into showroom. I only come in to sign paperwork and pick up the car. All it takes is couple days of e-mailing and xxx trip to pick up the car. As an example my BMW dealer is 500 miles away and I never go there as I always do European Delivery. They fedex me all paper work and get same deal so don't need to shop anywhere.
Old 01-20-16, 08:05 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke27617
At the end I have decided for 16 LC which I got in November for $1k over invoice. LX I had the same offer from a dealer from who I have bought few Lexuses before and know the GM (would have to wait a month as the initial two were already spoken for). At the end front of LX was giving me nightmares, but miss the interior plus small touches like electric rear gate, but on other hand I am glad that I don't have the adjustable suspension and KDSS works really great with my more aggressive driving. As well additional +$10k lower price pushed me over.

You can get a great price if you are willing to deal with several dealers within xxx miles radius. Often they have no competition in the same city. In my home town both dealers are owned by the same family. Key is negotiate with internet department without walking into showroom. I only come in to sign paperwork and pick up the car. All it takes is couple days of e-mailing and xxx trip to pick up the car. As an example my BMW dealer is 500 miles away and I never go there as I always do European Delivery. They fedex me all paper work and get same deal so don't need to shop anywhere.
Good advice!
Old 01-21-16, 08:00 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Internet Shopping

Where can you internet shop? Do you have a Lexus link? Or just google Lexus LX inventory?
Old 01-21-16, 11:27 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yakim
Well, LX 570 just doesn't have a whole lot of unique colors different from Toyota equivalents, and I find it strange. Amongst the lighter ones you get white, champagne and silver, then there is nebula grey, and lastly black and blue. Compare this to Land Rover colours, for example...
I'd also compare it to Rover pricing, reliability, and resale pricing,

I did the same as Luke 27617. After looking for half a year, I found a one-owner '13 Cruiser with full maintenance records and no reported accidents, The truck was at a Porsche dealer in Spokane, WA.

Internet sales manager and I spent about 15 minutes on the phone doing a back-and-forth on price. Once price was agreed upon, I grabbed an Alaskan Airlines 1-way ticket, flew to Spokane from Boise, gave the Cruiser about a 2 hour test drive and picked up a cashier's check on the way back, Spent 15 minutes with the F&I guy refusing anything resembling a long-term warranty, bought a couple of sub sandwiches to go and drove home, No problems,

Originally Posted by looknow12
Where can you internet shop? Do you have a Lexus link? Or just google Lexus LX inventory?
You can internet shop with any dealer who has an online presence, not to mention many private-party sellers,

You cannot see inventory, You can be aware that allocations go to dealers based on how well they did in moving vehicles (LX's in this example) in preceding year(s), What also makes a difference is a dealer's willingness to find your choice of LX at other dealers if necessary,

Agreeing on a firm out-the-door price is far easier than sitting in a cubical with a sales guy jerking you around with your offers and dealer's counter-offers back and forth from his "manager". At that point, you're still facing time in the F & I office with some guy offering platinum-plated long term warranties, color keyed floor mats and upholstery protection you could not care less about.

hth

Steve
Old 01-21-16, 03:06 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hankinid
I'd also compare it to Rover pricing, reliability, and resale pricing,

Steve
As you should: Land Rover is to be leased or owned for the duration of the factory warranty
Reliability is hit or miss, but as long as its covered by the warranty it doesn't matter
Resale is better than Lexus because they sell mostly at MSRP price, no $15K discounts
BTW, I don't have a problem with Lexus because I own one. But it certainly isn't a clear winner or top choice in anything but long-term reliability. Is it enough?
Old 01-21-16, 04:33 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yakim
As you should: Land Rover is to be leased or owned for the duration of the factory warranty
Reliability is hit or miss, but as long as its covered by the warranty it doesn't matter
Resale is better than Lexus because they sell mostly at MSRP price, no $15K discounts
BTW, I don't have a problem with Lexus because I own one. But it certainly isn't a clear winner or top choice in anything but long-term reliability. Is it enough?
I think it's still a clear winner off-road, with maybe an MB boxcar a close second.

Steve
Old 01-22-16, 07:50 AM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I like the way you show for cars. That's how I bought my BMW. My latest experience at the Lexus dealer was unpleasant. The sales technique employed is so 1980's and gimmick that even my 8 years old recognized it and was completely turned off. The salesman / manager tag team is really dated and is an undesirable impression. Who enjoys having others waste your time? Perhaps someone taking negotiation classes? It was definitely a learning experience for my kids.

Quick Reply: 2016 Purchase Price