LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

TPMS gone nuts

Old 10-16-15, 03:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts
Default TPMS gone nuts

I was driving yesterday when all of a sudden my TPMS alarmed. I cycled through the screens to get to tire pressure and it is indicating the 2nd from the top pressure was low even though all tires were within 1 psi except for the spare that is a couple pounds over.

This morning before heading out, I made sure and inflated all tires to the exact same pressure. When I started the vehicle it instantly did the indication of low air pressure without even waiting for the actual individual pressures to show up on the screen. When they did populate the display all showed 35 psi.

This is my 4th LX and have never seen this before unless I had a tire low. Is there a reset button hidden somewhere? I know in the past when I got low iar pressure, adding a little air would make the alarm stop but not this time.

My manual is in another state so any help would be great. I am due for my 15K in another 1k so I can have Lexus check it out. I have one tire/wheel that has always lost a few pounds in a month but other than that all has been good.

Any ideas?
Old 10-16-15, 08:53 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I was driving yesterday when all of a sudden my TPMS alarmed. I cycled through the screens to get to tire pressure and it is indicating the 2nd from the top pressure was low even though all tires were within 1 psi except for the spare that is a couple pounds over.

This morning before heading out, I made sure and inflated all tires to the exact same pressure. When I started the vehicle it instantly did the indication of low air pressure without even waiting for the actual individual pressures to show up on the screen. When they did populate the display all showed 35 psi.

This is my 4th LX and have never seen this before unless I had a tire low. Is there a reset button hidden somewhere? I know in the past when I got low iar pressure, adding a little air would make the alarm stop but not this time.

My manual is in another state so any help would be great. I am due for my 15K in another 1k so I can have Lexus check it out. I have one tire/wheel that has always lost a few pounds in a month but other than that all has been good.

Any ideas?
Screen order, per Toyota Care, is from top to bottom...left front, left rear, right front, right rear, spare. I say Toyota v. Lexus as I have a '13 Cruiser...I'm here originally as I also have an '01 LX. Why in hell Toyota doesn't put "LF, LR, RF, RR, SP" on the indicator is beyond me.

The start-up pressure screen simply indicates pressures at the time of the last engine shut-down...It needs to query the tire pressure monitors for a minute or 2 to get current pressures. Reset button is below the glovebox toward the centerline of the truck.

TPMS or not, I check my pressures once a week with a good gauge if the truck is around town...daily if I'm on a trip.

hth

Steve
Old 10-16-15, 09:05 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Screen order, per Toyota Care, is from top to bottom...left front, left rear, right front, right rear, spare. I say Toyota v. Lexus as I have a '13 Cruiser...I'm here originally as I also have an '01 LX. Why in hell Toyota doesn't put "LF, LR, RF, RR, SP" on the indicator is beyond me.

The start-up pressure screen simply indicates pressures at the time of the last engine shut-down...It needs to query the tire pressure monitors for a minute or 2 to get current pressures. Reset button is below the glovebox toward the centerline of the truck.

TPMS or not, I check my pressures once a week with a good gauge if the truck is around town...daily if I'm on a trip.

hth

Steve
"top to bottom...left front, left rear, right front, right rear, spare" makes sense as I have always had to add air to the rear drivers tire and could see the number two spot get lower. I check my tires every week, too, the TPMS is just a safety backup. Looked and can not find the reset in the foot well under the glove box but will taking it in for it 15K next week so they can fix what ever it is.

After adjusting the air in all tires this am before I started the truck all tires indicated 35PSI except for the last, spare, shows 39 psi. The alarm should not be going off. In the past adding air always stopped the alarm.

Oh well my 2016 LX will be here next month!