LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New LX570

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-15, 12:58 PM
tkbalt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LX570

Just traded our 2009 LX570 for a 2015 - Nebula Gray / Black interior / all the options. The Dealer has one that just came thru the port at Portland - probably mid / March (at the earliest) before it will arrive here in Indy..

The 09 has been a great vehicle, hoping for similar experience with the 2015.

This is the wife's vehicle. She hated the 09 at first, but soon got used to the size and now you can't get her out of the LX.

I had her drive a new Land Cruiser this morning - drives like a dream, but just does not have the luxury feel of the lexus. She drove the Land Cruiser and followed up with a drive in a 2015 LX 570 - no contest, Frankly the ride in our current 2009 with 82K miles feels about the same.

The Lexus (with all options) came out to be about $15k more expensive than the Land Cruiser.

Last edited by tkbalt; 03-02-15 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-15-15, 11:09 AM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Nice color, Man! Nebula Gray is beautiful! Enjoy!

Something about the fake wood in the LC turns me off. Since I purchased used, it was hard to justify essentially paying the same amount and getting a lot less with the LC. The LX, as compared with other luxe-suv makes, seems in-line with the 10-15k premium over their chassis mate.
Old 02-17-15, 08:43 AM
fkim119
Driver School Candidate

I had a nebula one and I loved it! Very nice color!
Old 03-09-15, 07:47 AM
tkbalt
Driver

vehicle now shows as "shipped" from port. Dealer expects it will take a couple of weeks to get to Chicago, then trucked down to Indianapolis.
Old 03-09-15, 02:19 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

The dealer can actually tell you what ship your new LX is on. Then you can google the sip and there is actually a site that shows a graphic as to where the ship is on a world map.
Old 03-12-15, 03:26 PM
tkbalt
Driver

Dealer called and just had a Nebula Gray delivered to them today with pretty much the same options as the one coming to us via Portland.

It is missing 2 options

Paint protection film and
Remote Start

We don't really care about the Remote Start and have never had paint protection film. Dealer says they can add it if we want.

What has been your experience with the hood film - does it really add significant protection? Would you / have you spent $400 for this and been happy?

Dealer says low percentage add it as an option, but some love it. Just looking for some perspective, as I have never had a vehicle with it
applied.
Old 03-13-15, 03:25 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by tkbalt
Dealer called and just had a Nebula Gray delivered to them today with pretty much the same options as the one coming to us via Portland.

It is missing 2 options

Paint protection film and
Remote Start

We don't really care about the Remote Start and have never had paint protection film. Dealer says they can add it if we want.

What has been your experience with the hood film - does it really add significant protection? Would you / have you spent $400 for this and been happy?

Dealer says low percentage add it as an option, but some love it. Just looking for some perspective, as I have never had a vehicle with it
applied.
The clear bra/film is usually done by the dealer or should I say the dealer usually takes your vehicle to a place that does it. I had it on my Cayanne and ended up removing it after a few months as it just did not look right to me. It might protect you from the smallest of objects.

As far as remote start my last two LX units had it and I never used it.

The choice is yours, hope you enjoy!
Old 03-13-15, 10:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

personally i wouldn't get the protection film. the car is high so there are less chances of chips (not saying it's none), plus i never like a line across the hood
Old 03-13-15, 11:44 AM
ccj4
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the imminent arrival. I opted for the paint protection film and it's barely noticeable on the silver. I also got it on the headlights, front bumper and the outside surface of the rear view mirrors. I'd had it previously on a sparkly white GX and was happy with it. My dealer had it done at a bodyshop - I think that's pretty standard? Maybe it's a function of where you live. I'd rather have the nasty stuff on our winter roads hit something other than my paint and headlight assembly. We also get quite a bit of blowing sand, tumbleweeds in the fall, and rocks being kicked up by big rigs. And, it hasn't seemed to interfere with getting the vehicle detailed.
Old 03-14-15, 05:45 AM
tkbalt
Driver

Thanks - I told the Dealer I would pass - may take it to one of the local shops in the area that do this for a living.

What did you pay to have the hood, front bumper, and mirrors done?
Old 03-14-15, 03:43 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new LX!
Old 03-15-15, 10:25 AM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Pass on the remote start. I seldom use it- very cumbersome comparedto GM setup.
Old 03-16-15, 06:00 AM
tkbalt
Driver

getting closer - my wife dropped off the 2009 today so they can switch our like new michelins to the 2015 and the Dunlops off of the 2015 to the 2009.
Old 03-18-15, 06:44 AM
tkbalt
Driver

I am going ahead with the Paint Protection Film. Having a local shop do it - partial hood, fenders, mirrors, and front bumper. Hope I can get used to the lines....
Old 03-18-15, 05:01 PM
frugger
Driver School Candidate

I had the front of my 2014 wrapped in Xpel Ultimate (also have it on my 911).

Full hood, full front bumper, front quarter panels, headlights, both side view mirrors and the edges of all 4 doors (like a door edge guard). Total cost was $1100.

They can also put it on the windshield to help stop chips (which I didn't have done), but now wish I had as I've got a couple of small chips from rocks. If I replace the windshield at some point I'll have it done then.

Quick Reply: New LX570