LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

any 15 owners with res+ installed and working?

Old 01-31-15, 05:42 PM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any 15 owners with res+ installed and working?

Hi all.

I'm looking for a way to have the options to start my car (to warm it)with just the phone.
I call Lexus HQ today and was told that all 2014 and older models will work with the dealer install RES+. As for 2015 all models excluding the RX.GX.LX will have a build in feature that you can download an app call Lexus enform remote to remotely start you car. Now I know for fact that 2015 RX and GX can still work with RES+ I like to know if anyone with an 2015 LX has it installed and working fine.

Thanks for any inputs
Old 01-31-15, 08:02 PM
trungerton
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone done this RES+ to their 2014 or 2015? We have RES, but not RES+. Our local dealership said it would NOT be available/compatible on our 2014 LX.
Old 01-31-15, 09:48 PM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trungerton
Has anyone done this RES+ to their 2014 or 2015? We have RES, but not RES+. Our local dealership said it would NOT be available/compatible on our 2014 LX.
I was told by Lexus HQ that the 14 is compatible. Same info can be found on res+ website under compatibility.
Old 02-01-15, 06:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

I went to the Lexus site for RES+ and I do not think my 2015 LX is compatible.

I would love for someone to find that it is and Lexus was able to install.
Old 02-02-15, 05:35 AM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I went to the Lexus site for RES+ and I do not think my 2015 LX is compatible.

I would love for someone to find that it is and Lexus was able to install.

Well. I spoke to my local service Department and we are gonna give it a shot. Hopefully it will work fine. According to Lexus HQ. The 14 100% works fine but then on the 15 they changed some wiring and at that time Lexus enform remote was not ready therefore its kind of in the gray area. I was told 2016 model lx will have the enform remote build in. I did ask why would they changed the wiring if enform remote is not ready. why not just leave it like the 14's so that 15 LX would still work with the res+ just like the 15 RX and GX. He couldn't give me an answer. so then I ask if the wiring are changed does that mean the 15 lx might just need an upgrade on the system to work, he still couldn't give me yes or no. So bottom line is I'm go give it a try since the 15 RX and GX still works with the res+ I hope the 15 LX do as well. Either way ill update once I get it installed.

Last edited by jrz0924; 02-02-15 at 05:38 AM.
Old 02-02-15, 12:53 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jrz0924
Well. I spoke to my local service Department and we are gonna give it a shot. Hopefully it will work fine. According to Lexus HQ. The 14 100% works fine but then on the 15 they changed some wiring and at that time Lexus enform remote was not ready therefore its kind of in the gray area. I was told 2016 model lx will have the enform remote build in. I did ask why would they changed the wiring if enform remote is not ready. why not just leave it like the 14's so that 15 LX would still work with the res+ just like the 15 RX and GX. He couldn't give me an answer. so then I ask if the wiring are changed does that mean the 15 lx might just need an upgrade on the system to work, he still couldn't give me yes or no. So bottom line is I'm go give it a try since the 15 RX and GX still works with the res+ I hope the 15 LX do as well. Either way ill update once I get it installed.
I got my doubts that Lexus can add this on. I would like to be surprised but I doubt it.

The LX telematics is rather aged and stuff that can be done in the GX and RX series is not easily added to older models. Sometimes the people in the services department do not know what they are talking about.
Old 02-02-15, 06:55 PM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

I got my doubts that Lexus can add this on. I would like to be surprised but I doubt it.

The LX telematics is rather aged and stuff that can be done in the GX and RX series is not easily added to older models. Sometimes the people in the services department do not know what they are talking about.
Well You are all correct.
it end up that they can't order the parts that they told me they could and said it could be located either the 14 nor the 15.
then I called Lexus HQ again and this time I was informed that the lx never had any res+ available what's so ever.
then i ask why is something that is being offer to their lower tier vehicle not being available on their top tier vehicle. The answer was that being at that price range the lx is just not selling as many as other models therefore they rather spend more time on their best sellers then theIR top of of line SUV.
which is funny. You would think it should be the other way around. Anyway its a mission impossible And only hope is that they will add the enform remote to the line up in 2016 models. And yes I will be trading it in for a 2016.
Old 02-03-15, 03:13 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Well You are all correct.
it end up that they can't order the parts that they told me they could and said it could be located either the 14 nor the 15.
then I called Lexus HQ again and this time I was informed that the lx never had any res+ available what's so ever.
then i ask why is something that is being offer to their lower tier vehicle not being available on their top tier vehicle. The answer was that being at that price range the lx is just not selling as many as other models therefore they rather spend more time on their best sellers then theIR top of of line SUV.
which is funny. You would think it should be the other way around. Anyway its a mission impossible And only hope is that they will add the enform remote to the line up in 2016 models. And yes I will be trading it in for a 2016.
The number of LX units sold compared to GX and RX models is VERY small. Until the LX get a big update the telematics will continue to be years behind. I love my 2015 LX as everything works just as it should. I do miss some of the modern amenities that my 2015 ML350BT had but it's ride does not compare. This is my 4th LX and I will wait for the big update . . . .not so sure it will be 2016 but a year or so beyond.

What ever the new LX replacement is, it will be more advanced but I bet it will not be the same anymore. That will be ashame.
Old 02-03-15, 03:56 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

The answer was that being at that price range the lx is just not selling as many as other models therefore they rather spend more time on their best sellers then theIR top of of line SUV.
which is funny. You would think it should be the other way around.
This is a major, major, pet peeve of mine, as I've expressed elsewhere, and their response makes little sense, never mind that it's a bit ironic (not to mention flat-out dumb) for them to effectively say to you, a customer, "you're paying more for a low-volume vehicle, and therefore you shall get less". Throughout the auto industry, examples of the opposite logic abound.

We are not talking about a major overhaul to the electronic architecture of the vehicle. For RES+, I don't know for sure what's entailed, but for something as simple as blind spot monitoring (BSM) (and other features they have refused to add to LX), I am hard-pressed to believe that it is that involved or costly to upgrade.

LX is a nice truck, but it's embarrassing (IMHO) to see how long-in-the-tooth and behind it is relative to its competition in terms of certain features. I love ours, but there is absolutely no way I would buy one new today if I were in the market, at least not without a very hefty discount. Unfortunately, I don't care for the GX 460 either (too small and underpowered), even though GX 470 is - by far - the most solid vehicle I've ever owned, which means I would have to look outside Lexus. Thankfully, I am not looking, as I am not thrilled about the idea of driving a Q7 or GL. QX is very nice (had a rental for a couple of weeks last year), but it's a shame that it is so challenged in the looks department.
Old 02-04-15, 05:11 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Sorry but if I were the owner of Lexus I would keep the units that sell the most updated first. It is all about money and taking care of the stockholders.
Old 02-04-15, 10:44 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry but if I were the owner of Lexus I would keep the units that sell the most updated first. It is all about money and taking care of the stockholders.
Greg, I hear that, as a business, you want to invest money where the desired return on investment is expected. My point is that given some of the extras we are talking about, I see no logical reason why adding certain options (again, more "basic" stuff like BSM) to LX and to higher-volume (but lower margin) vehicles should be mutually exclusive.

These are all different vehicles with various drivetrains, etc. However, from an electronic standpoint, they have much in common. Heck, even some hardware is common (think LX and GX mirrors, for instance, the latter available with BSM indicator, so it's not like Lexus would need to procure new mirrors just for the LX). Ultimately, my point is that much of this technology is arguably portable from vehicle to vehicle.

I want to think that Lexus has a logical reason for their decision, but I am unaware of what it is and ultimately cannot comprehend while they'll pour money into changing the look of the LX and slightly tweaking the interior/updating NAV while not adding a single extra feature of the kind you can now get on a $20k car. It is simply absurd, IMHO, for a top-of-the-line SUV that is just shy of $100k in 2015.

People shopping for this type of vehicle will be attracted by Lexus' reliability and the solidity of the powertrain (and entire truck), and there is no question that this carries a huge weight in most people's 'utility function'. However, those folks also comparison-shop, and some of these little extras would put the LX in a better light.
Old 02-04-15, 12:46 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caha14
Greg, I hear that, as a business, you want to invest money where the desired return on investment is expected. My point is that given some of the extras we are talking about, I see no logical reason why adding certain options (again, more "basic" stuff like BSM) to LX and to higher-volume (but lower margin) vehicles should be mutually exclusive.

These are all different vehicles with various drivetrains, etc. However, from an electronic standpoint, they have much in common. Heck, even some hardware is common (think LX and GX mirrors, for instance, the latter available with BSM indicator, so it's not like Lexus would need to procure new mirrors just for the LX). Ultimately, my point is that much of this technology is arguably portable from vehicle to vehicle.

I want to think that Lexus has a logical reason for their decision, but I am unaware of what it is and ultimately cannot comprehend while they'll pour money into changing the look of the LX and slightly tweaking the interior/updating NAV while not adding a single extra feature of the kind you can now get on a $20k car. It is simply absurd, IMHO, for a top-of-the-line SUV that is just shy of $100k in 2015.

People shopping for this type of vehicle will be attracted by Lexus' reliability and the solidity of the powertrain (and entire truck), and there is no question that this carries a huge weight in most people's 'utility function'. However, those folks also comparison-shop, and some of these little extras would put the LX in a better light.
We are in agreement. I feel Lexus is waiting for the big update and will not do much except make the few current options standard equipment until then.

They better hurry as my 2015 LX had all the options so not sure where they will go from there.