LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

wanting to purchase a new 2014 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-14, 06:35 PM
evo8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to purchase a new 2014 LX570

for starters, this thread is just to get inputs whether I jump the gun and buy the 2014 LX570 my friendly dealer is wanting me to buy. I am actually looking for a SUV for long term personal use. I have known lexus way back in 2003 and bought the IS300 and loved the fit and finish of it but because it was just becoming a garage queen after I bought my 2006 evo 9 mr, I sold the IS for above certified by private party. I have since owned and currently own several luxury SUV and would like to come full circle and try out the LX570.

I currently own a bought new 2009 cadillac escalade hybrid and have been quite reliable and trouble free. I also bought a new 2013 range rover sport hse lux last year and since the hybrid is paid off would like to add another SUV.

I drove the new 2014 LX570 and have tried it several times since they redesigned it. it drives quietly and luxuriously. it comes with the HD feature as well as adjustable suspension. the heated seats didn't heat as fast as my escalade. but it was warmed enough. heated steering is only on the leather part not on the wood. I did not notice the sport and soft ride even when I adjusted it. the cameras cannot be turned on continuously-is there a hack for this? it does have the adaptive cruise control as well as front sensors and front headlight washers. it doesn't have massaging seats nor a HUD. No paddle shifters but I guess only a 6 speed tranny as well. remote start is not possible.

for long term owners: how was the reliability of the LX570 as a long term vehicle like up to 200k miles? fuel range? will it drive up to 400 or 500 miles or because of mileage how far can you drive it in between fill-ups? how long did the brake pads lasted? the shocks lasted how long before replacement was needed? how long did the exhaust and emissions last? any TSB or problems along the way? I noticed that it is a full time 4WD with both high and low switches. can you make it RWD for better fuel economy? the 5.7 doesn't seem to be direct injection although my sales buy unknowingly said it is. does it have active fuel management? how long for timing belt changes?

I'm trying to find which one to buy: the new 2015 escalade, 2014.5 range rover sport V8 S/C or the 2014.5 FFRR(range rover) V8 S/C.
Old 03-03-14, 11:51 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We currently have a 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid as well. The LX is a "build to last" vehicle and therefore holds such a strong residual (take a look at any used car search website). Consequently, the LX does not offer as many features as competitors do. I am a Lexus man for life and therefore I'd tell you to take the LX over anything else. Though I would probably take a current MY Range Rover Sport S/C or 15' Escalade over the LX if I only planned on keeping it before the warranty went up (due to styling, engine choices, and features of the two). As for the range, expect to see around 15mpg combined in the LX. The LX is a pig with an older gas-guzzling V8. Sorry I couldn't answer all of your questions. Good luck on your decision!
Old 03-04-14, 05:48 PM
evo8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake
We currently have a 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid as well. The LX is a "build to last" vehicle and therefore holds such a strong residual (take a look at any used car search website). Consequently, the LX does not offer as many features as competitors do. I am a Lexus man for life and therefore I'd tell you to take the LX over anything else. Though I would probably take a current MY Range Rover Sport S/C or 15' Escalade over the LX if I only planned on keeping it before the warranty went up (due to styling, engine choices, and features of the two). As for the range, expect to see around 15mpg combined in the LX. The LX is a pig with an older gas-guzzling V8. Sorry I couldn't answer all of your questions. Good luck on your decision!
thanks! I currently have a purchased new 2013 range rover sport hse lux before they change it to V6 S/C as well. congrats on your hybrid! I have 157k trouble free miles capable of surpassing any Toyota or Honda which I am glad. That leaves me with the 2015 escalade. I guess I just have to wait for it to get a good comparison.