LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2010 LX570 got stolen !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by selchuk
they don't care what you spend on the car or what you have in your car when stolen . they just pay the car value . i had 6k worth bicycle in the truck they didn't cover it . they asked me to claim on home ovners insurance .

at the end i picked up new 2013 lx570 today black and black .
first think i asked them to install lojack on it and they did !!
ok, property inside the car, that's a different story. i would disagree on the modifications you did on the car. like i said i requested specifically and the items i modified on the car are covered.

congrats on picking up the new lx! though i have to say, when it comes to pro theft, they cut out the lojack like that easily too i myself found the lojack in my old gs
Old 08-28-13, 10:53 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they don't care what you spend on the car or what you have in your car when stolen . they just pay the car value . i had 6k worth bicycle in the truck they didn't cover it . they asked me to claim on home ovners insurance .

at the end i picked up new 2013 lx570 today black and black .
first think i asked them to install lojack on it and they did !!
Did you really expect them to pay for the bicycle? That's just not how insurance industry works. They insure a certain item for a certain coverage. Following your logic if you had $10M worth of diamonds left in your car your car insurance should pay for the diamonds? That makes no sense -- as far as they concerned they insured an 80K vehicle, not $10M diamonds or $6K bicycle.
Old 08-28-13, 03:24 PM
selchuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
Did you really expect them to pay for the bicycle? That's just not how insurance industry works. They insure a certain item for a certain coverage. Following your logic if you had $10M worth of diamonds left in your car your car insurance should pay for the diamonds? That makes no sense -- as far as they concerned they insured an 80K vehicle, not $10M diamonds or $6K bicycle.
i didn't accept them to pay for the bicycle .. but i told them what have in the car , 2 days ago i put the bicycle together . only ride 2 day and stolen . it just hurt i didn't know what to do .. i just tried !!! nobody carry million dolar diomand in the car but im sure most people who ride bicycle they transfer them with their car !!

here what look like the bicycle ..

Old 09-03-13, 06:42 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

My carrier has limits on the mods to a dollar value. They have a separate page dedicated to the issue at hand.

Anything above that value has to be declared and additional coverage needs to be purchased.

Same thing with my bikes. I had to declare it's goodies, otherwise I'm SOL period!

Thank goodness you bought new. All those "Sandy" vehicles are showing up on lots down here in VA. Even as CPO's. Some unscrupulous people are making a killing on totaled vehicles. Some have been cleaned up pretty well others the minute you open the door, it smells like a sewer inside them.

Many happy miles on your new ride.
Old 09-03-13, 08:25 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

That bike is nice; needs its own low jack.
Old 09-03-13, 06:52 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

doesnt your home policy or renters insurance cover that.
if not, sometimes credit cards will cover theft. check it out,
Old 09-23-13, 02:55 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Will the thieves just find the LoJack unit and cut it out? Does LoJack really work? The owner will first report it stolen, right? By then the car is already on a boat to Russia?

Originally Posted by rominl
ok, property inside the car, that's a different story. i would disagree on the modifications you did on the car. like i said i requested specifically and the items i modified on the car are covered.

congrats on picking up the new lx! though i have to say, when it comes to pro theft, they cut out the lojack like that easily too i myself found the lojack in my old gs
Old 10-03-13, 09:12 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello !!
yes it was a bad experience !! who will think such a big truck will disappear in 15 min .
that's what happened and no news yet . almost 2 month .
it was pared on the street , not running , locked . went to store and get out after 15min , wasn't there . i belive they toke with tow truck .

insurance sent me a check and going to pick up another one on monday . i just want to share that with clublexus ..
I really know how you feel, my 2013 LX was stolen just two months after I got. Never found, I am glad that you are getting a replacement.
Old 10-03-13, 09:14 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Will the thieves just find the LoJack unit and cut it out? Does LoJack really work? The owner will first report it stolen, right? By then the car is already on a boat to Russia?
LoJack is activated by the police and Lexus tele- matics can be activated after you get a police report. If professional thieves want your vehicle, they will find a way around any system.
Old 10-06-13, 01:29 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

OK. So why even have LoJack?

Does LoJack offer the owner any compensation for stolen vehicles? Anyone know? The stealer made it sound like it is bullet proof and the LoJack unit is hidden well somewhere in the vehicle and all that.......

Anything additional to do to prevent the disappearance of our lovely LX570 ???

Anyone know?

Originally Posted by dochusar
LoJack is activated by the police and Lexus tele- matics can be activated after you get a police report. If professional thieves want your vehicle, they will find a way around any system.
Old 10-07-13, 08:48 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

my moms lx was stolen 2 days after we drove it back from the dealership. we think someone was following us. they took it so fast we couldnt report it right away, the title needed to be present and was still on its way in the mail. the navi, phone, or tele werent even on yet.
Old 11-07-13, 07:39 PM
JesseFung
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I drive a 2011 Lexus LX 570 in Brooklyn, NY. This news frightens me. Im a local so where exactly was it stolen? I am quite terrified.

Sorry about your car though, hope karma gets them.
Old 11-29-13, 09:46 AM
selchuk
Driver School Candidate

sorry guys i was away from the forums !!

HERE YOU GO AGAIN !!

!!! last night (thanksgiving eve) someone was trying to still my new 2013 lx570 front of my house !! this car was a replacement for my old stolen 2010 lx570 .
its like a nightmare i can not believe whats going on !! but this time i catch him in the car , he connect wires and computers to car uploading something . i went crazy i really want to hurt that thief !! I hold him till cops arrive .
he was with locksmith van .

i wanna share this idiot web site and phone number so everyone can know about it .

http://key-n-lock.com/contact.html

i don't know what to say anymore !! i saved the car this time by chance if 10 min after was already gone . tired of this idiots .

he is in jail now but i don't know for how long .
Old 11-29-13, 09:55 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

sorry guys i was away from the forums !!

HERE YOU GO AGAIN !!

!!! last night (thanksgiving eve) someone was trying to still my new 2013 lx570 front of my house !! this car was a replacement for my old stolen 2010 lx570 .
its like a nightmare i can not believe whats going on !! but this time i catch him in the car , he connect wires and computers to car uploading something . i went crazy i really want to hurt that thief !! I hold him till cops arrive .
he was with locksmith van .

i wanna share this idiot web site and phone number so everyone can know about it .

http://key-n-lock.com/contact.html

i don't know what to say anymore !! i saved the car this time by chance if 10 min after was already gone . tired of this idiots .

he is in jail now but i don't know for how long .
That's crazy but good for you for catching a thief at work.

Glad you didn't get hurt.
Old 11-29-13, 10:10 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

WOW that is NUTS!! I say you get the Hellll out of NY, I would have shot the SOB!

Quick Reply: 2010 LX570 got stolen !!