LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-19, 01:54 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by telmz1

also, I did stumble on my wiring digrams that I made while pullling out some other mod docs for my LS460. As soon I get home I will take a picture of it and post it. I think I even have all the receipts etc of the harnesses I bought.
Amazing... that would be incredibly helpful. Please do! Thanks again.
Old 03-11-19, 02:06 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m on a plane right now but to do this right and not causing any problems, I would download the wiring diagrams for 2009 and 2013 and have whomever doing this for you compare so they can understand what they need to do. I forgot where I got them but it was some online Toyota/Lexus database. From these diagrams is where I got the part #s and ordered them direct from Lexus (I used Pembroke Pines). That’s the only way to be honest otherwise your guy will be going in blind and screwing up other things. Thats why the electrician I used was able to fix it so fast.

I found him him on Craigslist believe or not. He was a mobile mechanic who specialized in rewireling entire cars so I figured he could tackle a couple headlights.
Old 03-11-19, 02:41 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

I’m on a plane right now but to do this right and not causing any problems, I would download the wiring diagrams for 2009 and 2013 and have whomever doing this for you compare so they can understand what they need to do. I forgot where I got them but it was some online Toyota/Lexus database. From these diagrams is where I got the part #s and ordered them direct from Lexus (I used Pembroke Pines). That’s the only way to be honest otherwise your guy will be going in blind and screwing up other things. Thats why the electrician I used was able to fix it so fast.

I found him him on Craigslist believe or not. He was a mobile mechanic who specialized in rewireling entire cars so I figured he could tackle a couple headlights.
I think I found a 2008 wiring diagram (mine's a 2010) but the file is still downloading. Have not been able to find a 13-15 one yet. This is getting to be frustrating. I ordered a kit that came with everything needed (what I was told, anyway) and I thought the kit was plug and play yet I've been ordering part after part it seems. I'm in for about $5-6K once paint is done and I'm left to feel I should have just traded it in for the newer model as the price difference is only about $8-10K at this point, and I would have fewer miles and the newer nav unit, etc. Oh well, I am where I am.

I'll see what they can do to just wire the DRL's and forget about AFS... Hopefully I don't need schematics and wiring diagrams, etc if I am OK with losing AFS.
Old 03-11-19, 04:08 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by patrickbat
I think I found a 2008 wiring diagram (mine's a 2010) but the file is still downloading. Have not been able to find a 13-15 one yet. This is getting to be frustrating. I ordered a kit that came with everything needed (what I was told, anyway) and I thought the kit was plug and play yet I've been ordering part after part it seems. I'm in for about $5-6K once paint is done and I'm left to feel I should have just traded it in for the newer model as the price difference is only about $8-10K at this point, and I would have fewer miles and the newer nav unit, etc. Oh well, I am where I am.

I'll see what they can do to just wire the DRL's and forget about AFS... Hopefully I don't need schematics and wiring diagrams, etc if I am OK with losing AFS.
Where did you buy your kit from? I hope its not that stuff from China (Alibaba). Anyways, I was in your situation too but I still believe I made the best decision. My brother just recently spent $50k+ on a 2015 and there is really no difference in the interior and my exterior looks much better with the 22 Inch and Sport Kit. Plus this still has me loving the truck and not making want to upgrade to the latest LX yet. Remember, these trucks are built to last so its not like you are doing a facelift on an escalde or something.

PM your e-mail address and I will send you everything I have regarding these electrical diagrams.
Old 03-11-19, 04:22 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

Where did you buy your kit from? I hope its not that stuff from China (Alibaba). Anyways, I was in your situation too but I still believe I made the best decision. My brother just recently spent $50k+ on a 2015 and there is really no difference in the interior and my exterior looks much better with the 22 Inch and Sport Kit. Plus this still has me loving the truck and not making want to upgrade to the latest LX yet. Remember, these trucks are built to last so its not like you are doing a facelift on an escalde or something.

PM your e-mail address and I will send you everything I have regarding these electrical diagrams.
I had the 2013 first but it needed a new transmission so I traded for a 2010. The nav was newer, cooler interior color and the back mount TV sets were nice. The gauges (no blue) with digital MPH reading were a pleasant upgrade but you’re right, no earth shattering difference between the two.

The kit is from ali baba I think; I had trouble piecing together an OEM kit but I was close to doing that in the beginning. I gave up and decided an all in one solution would be easy. My friends have used the same kit and it looks nice but the shops back in the UAE are very experienced with this sort of thing. They can even make your 2009 to look like the 2019.

I know of two people that used the Chinese kit in Los Angeles but I can’t get a hold of them.

PM sent
Old 03-11-19, 04:27 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

Here are a few photos of the Chinese kits on US trucks. These are both in LA. Friend of a friend owns the black one, and he decided to have a ccustom off-road bumper installed.
Old 03-11-19, 07:13 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

I had the 2013 first but it needed a new transmission so I traded for a 2010. The nav was newer, cooler interior color and the back mount TV sets were nice. The gauges (no blue) with digital MPH reading were a pleasant upgrade but you’re right, no earth shattering difference between the two.

The kit is from ali baba I think; I had trouble piecing together an OEM kit but I was close to doing that in the beginning. I gave up and decided an all in one solution would be easy. My friends have used the same kit and it looks nice but the shops back in the UAE are very experienced with this sort of thing. They can even make your 2009 to look like the 2019.

I know of two people that used the Chinese kit in Los Angeles but I can’t get a hold of them.

PM sent
UAE is doing awesome things, especially with the lastest LX570 and those MBS interior replacement kits.
Old 03-11-19, 07:35 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Here are a few photos of the Chinese kits on US trucks. These are both in LA. Friend of a friend owns the black one, and he decided to have a ccustom off-road bumper installed.
The offroad bumper looks terrible but I would take it over the stock bumper. But I still would need a rear one. I would like to know how they resolved the parking sensors.
Old 03-11-19, 07:56 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

PM sent
Patrick - emailed you everything I have. I hope it helps but don't hold me liable for anything! What I did learn at the end is that you there are other key components to make this face lift complete.
-The fog lights need the correct housing if you plan on reusing the old ones.
-The Front grill will need to be slightly modified so you can reuse the same camera.
-You need to buy the rear fender liners that attached to the rear bumper
-You need to order the 2013 rear mud flaps

Good Luck! I have no regrets, especially when its registration time and i have to remind myself that its 2009, a 10 year old SUV!

Old 08-01-20, 09:25 AM
TXLEX01
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings Telmz and fellow LX fans

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I'm new to the forum and have a quick question and will appreciate any feedback anyone can provide. I have a black 15 LX and i recently picked up a black replacement mesh style upper grille and also got the lower black mesh grille and the gray fog light cover kit similar to Telmz (planning to paint or wrap black thought). I didnt get the actual body kit. I also painted the factory wheels matte black. Considering painting the calipers but not sure.

Anyway, my question is about the gray fog light cover kit. My understanding was that all the parts would be replacement/plug and play but when i tried to test the fit, i noticed that the gray fog light cover kit is bigger than the chrome factory fog light insert.

Telmz (or anyone that has the kit) - did you have to screw the gray fog light cover to the front bumper to get it fully secured? If so, did you use any specific screws. Have you had any issues with the cover falling off so far? Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Old 08-01-20, 09:55 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Hello @TXLEX01 Welcome to the club. You have to remove the chrome piece, then the plastic clips on the gray pieces will clip in where the chrome used to be. The gray pieces should also have double tape for extra support. I've had my for 5 years now and still going strong in the Las Vegas desert. Hope that helps.
The following users liked this post:
TXLEX01 (08-01-20)
Old 08-01-20, 02:05 PM
TXLEX01
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello @TXLEX01 Welcome to the club. You have to remove the chrome piece, then the plastic clips on the gray pieces will clip in where the chrome used to be. The gray pieces should also have double tape for extra support. I've had my for 5 years now and still going strong in the Las Vegas desert. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the warm welcome Telmz1. That's great to hear that the gray pieces clip on and that the double tape also helps to keep it secure. I should hopefully have everything set up within the next week or two. Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend.
Old 01-28-21, 03:12 AM
Jovinscout
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to make a 10 into a 13

Hey Telmz and others great info and great thread. Im looking to do the upgrade on my 10. I live in a hilly area near the shore in NJ and my parking pawl failed and my LX rolled down the hill and hit a tree. I figured what better time to upgrade to front. I read about the pin change and the diagrams. Telmz mentioned he sent out that email with the consolidated info. Could you please also send it to me? Thanks for keeping the LX love alive. Even with my front all bashed i still get in that truck to remind myself what luxury is.
Old 01-28-21, 03:14 AM
Jovinscout
Driver School Candidate

Hey Telmz,
if you could send that out it would be greatly appreciated. -Joe
Jovinscout@msn.com
Old 02-28-21, 03:03 AM
Jovinscout
Driver School Candidate

hey Telmz.
You mentioned you stumbled upon the wiring diagrams fro that conversion. any chance you would share with me . Thanks Joe
jovinscout@msn.com

Quick Reply: Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?