LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

My Land Cruiser 200 Buildup for crossing Africa

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 06:05 PM
Surfy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Can you explain how your AHC/AVS was modified? Did you just change the AHC shocks? Add heavier springs? Etc.
I have thicker dampers (AHC shocks) who are used for the armored cars. And these violet springs you can get from toyota too.

In my Car-Papers is Eibach named, for the springs.

Surfy
Old 01-22-20, 02:59 AM
Surfy
Driver

I get many questions about the suspension details. The suspension setup was done Toyota Nestle in Germany. They too are able to ship the spares and handle taxes and so on. It was always a good feeling to know - that they are able to ship spares, where ever I would need them!

After my 6 Month journey at 2015 in south america with my landcruiser - it has need sometime - but this year I did start again for 2 Months - touring in Europe in 2019. Unfortunately I`did stop blogging about my trips - but that dont means I`m not doing and dreaming about travelling!

Hope to be able to hit the silkroad in some years!

The only Issue the Land Cruiser has - is something tiny.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/arm...-loud.1185079/

Maybe here is someone who knows - how to fix that? Any "how to" would be handy!

Surfy

Last edited by Surfy; 01-22-20 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-18-20, 07:42 AM
Surfy
Driver

Since 8 Years and 110`000kms on the Road now

Landcruiser

286 PS, 640nm Diesel V8, 8 Seats, AHC (Active Hight Control), Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), Crawl, JBL 14-Sound-System, Iphone Integration, USB Connection, Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Navigation, Roof Window, 14 Airbags, Pre Crash Safety System, 4 Zonen Aircon, Traktionscontrol (A-TRAC, ESP).

Modifikationen:
ARB Sahara Front Bar
Warn Winch 9.5 XP
AHC Suspension upgrade (5.1to)
Schnorkel
Kaymar rear tyre holder
33" MT - Cooper STT 285/70/R17
Additional Fueltank 180l
ARB Difflocks Front/Rear
Underbody Armor
Mike Sanders rust prevention/conservation
Parkheating Unit (Webasto Top Evo)
Econ*Lock (allows manual gear handling)

Bolivia

Switzerland

Front windshield replacement in Africa

Benin

Argentinia

Cameroon

Bulgaria

Peru

Argentina/Chile

Iceland

Somewhere in Peru

Andean

Indian Summer (Peru)

Containerized

Breakfast dont has do be poor

Southafrica

Namibia

Congo

Romania

Argentina

Chile
The following users liked this post:
roshko (02-28-21)
Old 12-18-20, 07:43 AM
Surfy
Driver

Chile

Chile

Bolivia

Switzerland

Switzerland

Iceland

Iceland

The Pictures are taken out of my Traveblogs:
Blog Overlanding and Shorttrips : 4x4tripping
Transafrica Blog (20`500km) 2012: Trans-Africa
Iceland (6000 km) 2014 : Reisetipp: Island mit dem 4x4
Southamerica Blog (36`000km) 2015: Adventure-Overland
Europe 2019 (7000 km): Reisetipp: Osteuropa mit dem 4x4
Schweden 2020 (6000 km): not online yet

The vehicle is now over 8 Years and did pass the 100`000km on the clock. Over the past years we did live over an year inside of our Landcruiser.

We still are planning new trips!

Now the car has just two seats left, but is very usable also during daily life at home. Normal size for garages and parking lots, parking sensors, komfort for riding - what do we need more?

As active reader you may know some pictures and topic, I`m pretty active here...
Old 12-18-20, 08:43 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

You need to contact the Toyota Land Cruiser Association and get your story in their bi-monthly magazine.

Do not worry about criticism re: Land Cruiser info on an LX website...absent Land Cruisers, LX's would not exist.

Happy holidays.
Old 12-18-20, 11:31 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Simply AMAZING!!!! I wish I have the time and the money. WOW. You are incredible. Much respect for traveling the world in a vehicle. A Toyota/Lexus one. That really speaks volume for Toyoda's philosophy.
Old 12-20-20, 04:02 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

I sent a link to your post here to the Toyota Land Cruiser Association...they have an all-color magazine which features Toyota and Lexus trucks on trips all over the world...TLCA.org is the web address.

Thanks again for your post.
The following users liked this post:
JennK (01-17-21)
Old 12-20-20, 04:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Max707
So bottom line you drove over 10k miles through Africa at an average speed of around 35 miles per hour in a 200 series that has the same AHC/AVS suspension as our LX570's here in the USA. No problems with the suspension plus you added draws and a bumper and travel gear. Everyone here in the USA that wants to go off road buys the LC200 with the regular shocks I think they are scared to take the AHC/AVS model off road.
Wrong...

Our Land Cruiser and LX spend about half their time and mileage off paved roads. The 200 Series Land Cruiser comes with regular shocks...surprise. What you think makes no sense.
Old 01-06-21, 12:39 PM
Surfy
Driver

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Simply AMAZING!!!! I wish I have the time and the money. WOW. You are incredible. Much respect for traveling the world in a vehicle. A Toyota/Lexus one. That really speaks volume for Toyoda's philosophy.
It has a trade off - I dont have kids yet, also I was not able to buy a house or a flat ;-) Everything is not possible, if you dont get born rich... But I dont regret!

Guess here the most Drivers of a LC 200 or LC 570 and a age around of 45 - was able to fulfill something named above.

Originally Posted by hankinid
I sent a link to your post here to the Toyota Land Cruiser Association...they have an all-color magazine which features Toyota and Lexus trucks on trips all over the world...TLCA.org is the web address.

Thanks again for your post.
Thank you! Nice Idea - i will ask there too!

Originally Posted by hankinid
Wrong...

Our Land Cruiser and LX spend about half their time and mileage off paved roads. The 200 Series Land Cruiser comes with regular shocks...surprise. What you think makes no sense.
It depends on the country you are in. Australia did not get AHC for a long time in the Landcruiser 200. In Europe the did sell the Landcruiser 200 only with AHC. Too in South America I did just see AHC based Landcruiser 200.

So YES: the AHC did survice a not very slow driven Transafrica ;-)

Surfy

Last edited by Surfy; 01-06-21 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-16-21, 06:50 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Surfy
It has a trade off - I dont have kids yet, also I was not able to buy a house or a flat ;-) Everything is not possible, if you dont get born rich... But I dont regret!

Guess here the most Drivers of a LC 200 or LC 570 and a age around of 45 - was able to fulfill something named above.

Thank you! Nice Idea - i will ask there too!

It depends on the country you are in. Australia did not get AHC for a long time in the Landcruiser 200. In Europe the did sell the Landcruiser 200 only with AHC. Too in South America I did just see AHC based Landcruiser 200.

So YES: the AHC did survice a not very slow driven Transafrica ;-)

Surfy
That was not directed at you, but at the guy who posted most off roaders buy Land Cruisers.