LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

gave up on the 2013 Lx570, bought an Infiniti

Old 02-29-12, 06:44 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicky
I think it looks most like the Toyota Sequoia as far as styling. I agree the styling is unique and bold, and for some that is an advantage.

Being that the QX has more hp and torque than the LX and the QX weighs less, I am surprised you found it underpowered.

I didn't find any of the vehicles I reviewed above clumsy. I think a certain amount of "big car" feel is expected with these rigs. The LX is a superb choice and I probably would have bought one had I been able to make even close to reasonable deal, but I didn't feel like paying an extra $20k for the Lexus name. The 8 dealers I spoke to all acted as if they were doing me a favor by selling me a Lexus. That's not the feeling I like to have when I'm spending 70-90 thousand dollars.

Good thing we all have choices!
It's worth paying the extra money for a lexus, you get What you pay for.
You will be back.
Old 03-01-12, 02:27 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes the qx is based on the Nissan patrol, which is not available in the US. It's actually a highly sought after off road vehicle with some in the states importing it for its capabilities. That means little to me however!

I would agree that the QX competes with the sequoia, however having owned a sequoia platinum I feel the QX exceeds it in luxury and amenities putting it more in line with the LX.
The older Nissan Patrols are sought after in the states. The current model (which is cloned into the QX) is available in the US as an Infiniti. I don't think there is any difference in interior, just rebadged.

I think the LX570 is still a little more prestigious compared to the QX.
Old 03-01-12, 05:19 PM
DarkStar12
Rookie

Say it isn't so...but congrats!!

Nice write up too. I agree with you 100% on the dealers not negotiating. Such an annoyance!
Old 03-01-12, 05:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkStar12

Nice write up too. I agree with you 100% on the dealers not negotiating. Such an annoyance!
Yes I agree congrats to the purchase of QX.

Dealers are not willing to deal because there are so few LX's in the United States.

The QX outsells the LX at least 5 to 1 and is 20k cheaper.
Old 03-04-12, 10:12 AM
VSL-F
Driver

Chicky,

Could you expand a little on trading in your 2011 Land Cruiser? You said "missing a lot of luxury amenities for the price". What does the QX have that your 2011 LC didn't have. Did you like the exterior styling better... better interior... etc? Did you happen to research the 2013 Land Cruiser refresh? I'm asking this because I will be checking out all the cars that you mentioned in you're original post (except the mercedes and Land Rover), and I wanted further clarification on your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-12, 10:22 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should have go with LX, but that's just my opinion. Anyway I'm waiting for 2016 LX. I heard it will be awesome vehicle.
Old 03-04-12, 10:31 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deusex
You should have go with LX, but that's just my opinion. Anyway I'm waiting for 2016 LX. I heard it will be awesome vehicle.
Im waiting for the 2020 I heard it's way better than the 2016!
Old 03-05-12, 04:22 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrduck
Im waiting for the 2020 I heard it's way better than the 2016!
Lol, actually 2024 it comes out about avery 8 yr's
Old 03-05-12, 07:51 AM
chicky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrduck
It's worth paying the extra money for a lexus, you get What you pay for.
You will be back.
That might be true! I never say never! If the QX turns out like the Mercedes, I may in fact be shopping for an LX in the future.

I said it before, I have nothing bad to say about the LX. It's a superb SUV.
Old 03-05-12, 07:54 AM
chicky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VSL-F
Chicky,

Could you expand a little on trading in your 2011 Land Cruiser? You said "missing a lot of luxury amenities for the price". What does the QX have that your 2011 LC didn't have. Did you like the exterior styling better... better interior... etc? Did you happen to research the 2013 Land Cruiser refresh? I'm asking this because I will be checking out all the cars that you mentioned in you're original post (except the mercedes and Land Rover), and I wanted further clarification on your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
I did look at the new LC, but I still found the exterior styling bland, so I didn’t even look at the new options available on it.

As far as comparing my 2011 LC to the QX, the QX had the following things I was looking for:

--rain sensing windshield wipers
--cooling seats
--3rd row seats that fold flat into the floor (power)
--power rear liftgate
--rear window intermittent wiper
--real wood trim (the interior of the LC was very nice, but the leather, look and overall feel of the QX is much more luxurious)
--heated steering wheel
--remote power 2nd row seats that fold forward with a button from the front seats
--around view cameras that show all around the truck
--body motion control system
--intelligent cruise control
--distance control assist
--blind spot warning system

I paid a bit more for the 2011 LC which was missing all this stuff than I paid for the 2012 QX, and I like the exterior styling more on the QX. As I said in my original post, most people thought I drove a Highlander!

Enjoy shopping!

Hmmm, a couple more things added on edit: I really wanted dual screen rear DVDs on the back of headrests which my old LC didn't have. AND the sound system on the QX blows the LC system out of the water! I'm not an audiophile so that's not a deal breaker for me, but a nice added bonus.

Last edited by chicky; 03-05-12 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-05-12, 08:01 AM
chicky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DarkStar12

LOL, thanks. I may be back to shopping and LX in the future, it really is a wonderful vehicle. I have bought many vehicles in the past 6 years (Land Cruiser, GS 430, Honda Odyssey, GL 550, Toyota Sequoia, another Land Cruiser, the QX, 2 Chevy 3/4 ton pickups, a GT 500 Mustang and a Jeep Wrangler) and I've never had a worse dealer experience than when I shopped for the LX. Had the shopping experience been better, I would probably be driving the LX right now rather than the QX. But the attitude of the dealers totally turned me off to the Lexus and I went looking for something else. Even though I can afford the LX, I am still emotionally attached to the treatment I get from the dealer during the negotiation process and the price I pay. Next I'm shopping a Maserati Gran Turismo...we'll see if I get one or something else!
Old 03-05-12, 01:38 PM
chicky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by John R.
Chicky,
Great information. I enjoyed your thought process. Is the Infinity a full frame? What is the gas milage anticipated? Have fun.
John
John,

An update on your gas mileage question: I did a 100 mile round trip over the weekend and got 18 mgp. Not the 20 they claim, but I travelled through a couple of small towns where I had to stop for lights and such. It would be interesting to see what I would get over a long stretch of highway.

Haven't checked what I'm getting around town yet, but I don't imagine it's spectacular as I have a lead foot.
Old 03-05-12, 01:40 PM
VSL-F
Driver

I did look at the new LC, but I still found the exterior styling bland, so I didn’t even look at the new options available on it.

As far as comparing my 2011 LC to the QX, the QX had the following things I was looking for:

--rain sensing windshield wipers
--cooling seats
--3rd row seats that fold flat into the floor (power)
--power rear liftgate
--rear window intermittent wiper
--real wood trim (the interior of the LC was very nice, but the leather, look and overall feel of the QX is much more luxurious)
--heated steering wheel
--remote power 2nd row seats that fold forward with a button from the front seats
--around view cameras that show all around the truck
--body motion control system
--intelligent cruise control
--distance control assist
--blind spot warning system

I paid a bit more for the 2011 LC which was missing all this stuff than I paid for the 2012 QX, and I like the exterior styling more on the QX. As I said in my original post, most people thought I drove a Highlander!

Enjoy shopping!

Hmmm, a coupled more things added on edit: I really wanted dual screen on the back of headrests which my old LC didn't have. AND the sound system on the QX blows the LC system out of the water! I'm not an audiophile so that's not a deal breaker for me, but a nice added bonus.
Thanks for the additional info. I didn't realize the LC was lacking all of those features. I actually stopped by a Toyota dealership and saw a 2013 LC on the lot. I understand what you mean about the bland exterior and it being confused with a highlander. Good choice going with the QX!
Old 03-05-12, 10:09 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VSL-F
Thanks for the additional info. I didn't realize the LC was lacking all of those features. I actually stopped by a Toyota dealership and saw a 2013 LC on the lot. I understand what you mean about the bland exterior and it being confused with a highlander. Good choice going with the QX!
Take the infinity over the landcruiser.
But never the infinity over the lexus lx570!
The 570 holds it value better and you can get about 10k off msrp right now on 2011 models.
Old 03-05-12, 10:11 PM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

LOL, thanks. I may be back to shopping and LX in the future, it really is a wonderful vehicle. I have bought many vehicles in the past 6 years (Land Cruiser, GS 430, Honda Odyssey, GL 550, Toyota Sequoia, another Land Cruiser, the QX, 2 Chevy 3/4 ton pickups, a GT 500 Mustang and a Jeep Wrangler) and I've never had a worse dealer experience than when I shopped for the LX. Had the shopping experience been better, I would probably be driving the LX right now rather than the QX. But the attitude of the dealers totally turned me off to the Lexus and I went looking for something else. Even though I can afford the LX, I am still emotionally attached to the treatment I get from the dealer during the negotiation process and the price I pay. Next I'm shopping a Maserati Gran Turismo...we'll see if I get one or something else!
Check with lexus of Sacramento ask for Mike Kennedy in internet sales.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gave up on the 2013 Lx570, bought an Infiniti