LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 (Lexus Enform)? a step back?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 10:01 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 (Lexus Enform)? a step back?

Lexus Link has been discontinued. In its place is something called Lexus Enform. With enform you cannot recieve phone calls nor make phone calls you used to be able to make with Lexus Link. If you have your own personal bluetooth phone and it compatable you can then make phone calls. I miss Lexus Link. Anyone have anything they can add to this to make me feel better?
Old 10-07-10, 09:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

I never used my link to make phone calls on any of my past Lexus units.

I make or receive many calls a day on my Blackberry and take advantage of the bluetooth hands free technology which really works well. These minutes cost nothing as they are taken from a large bucket of my company minutes. The Lexus minutes were a good bit more expensive.

I hate to say it but it might be time to get a cell phone. The price of plans are getting very competitive and most models use the hands free bluetooth.

I do like the Lexus emergency feature and it give some peace of mind.
Old 10-07-10, 10:25 AM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

In Alaska the Lexus link minutes was a lot cheaper than any plan available to me. Also no long term contract was needed. The cell phones and provider are not even mentioned on the lexus phone that will work for me.

You are in a different area than I am. Lexus linked provided both of us what we wanted. Now the choices are reduced. Lexus link provided all the same safety features plus cell phone service.

BTW I could never forget my cell phone with the Lexus Link. All I needed to do was turn on the ignition. Can you say the same?
Old 10-08-10, 03:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by larry8
In Alaska the Lexus link minutes was a lot cheaper than any plan available to me. Also no long term contract was needed. The cell phones and provider are not even mentioned on the lexus phone that will work for me.

You are in a different area than I am. Lexus linked provided both of us what we wanted. Now the choices are reduced. Lexus link provided all the same safety features plus cell phone service.

BTW I could never forget my cell phone with the Lexus Link. All I needed to do was turn on the ignition. Can you say the same?
I have not forgotten my cell phone in years. I got cell phone service, can you say the same? I can not even imagine depending on Lexus Link to handle my day in and day out business communication needs.

What works for you in Alaska is not what is happening to the majority of the Lexus users. Nothing stays the same.

Stay warm.
Old 10-11-10, 08:27 PM
Alaska
Rookie

Larry8, are you driving around in a black LX?
Old 10-12-10, 01:05 PM
jimmyford1
Driver

Larry, You may want to check out Walmart. Their "straight talk" plan uses the verizon network and has no contract. $30 a month gets you 1000 minutes a month and $45 is for unlimited minutes. Once your phone is paired to the LX, you can leave the phone in the car and it will be ready every time you start the car...just like Link!
Old 10-12-10, 02:20 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

No I have a red LX570.
Old 10-12-10, 02:21 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

This sounds great. that is what I will do. Thanks a lot for the information.
Old 10-13-10, 05:09 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Like I said:

"I hate to say it but it might be time to get a cell phone. The price of plans are getting very competitive and most models use the hands free bluetooth"

This Walmart plan is perfect for those who will actually use the cell phone feature. What did Lexus charge for their Lexus Link minutes when they had it?
Old 01-10-11, 12:04 PM
skipro01
Driver School Candidate

I find the new Lexus Enform great. The Bluetooth works great with my cell. I love being able to call them and have them send me directions to my GPS as I am driving. I also like being able to set up my destinations in advance on either my computer or iPhone and then sending those directions to my cars GPS.