LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Resetting the "Oil Maint. Required" message

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 10:17 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts
Default Resetting the "Oil Maint. Required" message

I know it is likely listed in the manual but my pesky "Oil Maint. Required" indicator came on a little early and it gets rather persistant. I thought I would post how to reset for those too lazy to read the manual:

While engine is running set trip ODO to "Trip A"

Turn the engine OFF

While pressing the ODO button, remove your foot from the brake and hit the ignition button once (ACC) and then once again (foot off the brake so engine does not start).

Hold in the ODO button till you see the message that "Oil Maint. Required" has been reset.

Done

The "Oil Maint. Required" message only comes on for a few seconds when you get close to time to change your oil, then after a few hundred more miles you have to hit the display button to get rid of it. After a few more hundred miles it keeps returning till you get it serviced.
Old 11-26-08, 09:28 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, That is so handy.
Old 11-27-08, 07:54 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you know, I am complaining about the LX not having a tire sensors for Summer and Winter tires. Currently I am using my winter tires so I get the warning that I have a tire pressure problem. I just put on plain old rims with out the sensors cause I am just too far away to have the Lexus dealer fix the problem. Is it possible that if I took my lexus to a dealer and have them erase the serial numbers for the tires that are currently registered (summer tires) that I could get rid of the warning message?
Old 11-28-08, 05:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by larry8
As you know, I am complaining about the LX not having a tire sensors for Summer and Winter tires. Currently I am using my winter tires so I get the warning that I have a tire pressure problem. I just put on plain old rims with out the sensors cause I am just too far away to have the Lexus dealer fix the problem. Is it possible that if I took my lexus to a dealer and have them erase the serial numbers for the tires that are currently registered (summer tires) that I could get rid of the warning message?
It is possible. Only they would know and likely they would be contacting Lexus to find the best way to stop the warning. I know I havd a sensor damaged during the migration from Dunlops to Michelins on my 570 at about 3K. I had to wait for a sensor to be overnighted and then they had problems getting my 570 to recognise the new sensor. It seems the system is a little more complicated than most realise. It took several hours!