LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

opinion of LX 570

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 05:30 AM
‘burgh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion of LX 570

My (admittedly subjective) opinion of the LX 570 after about 8 months - this might be of some help to future buyers

Resson for purchase: needed vehicle to tow 5500 lb boat (i.e. a truck). My wife did not want to drive "a truck". Looked at all options from all dealers and makes. The 570 seemed both capable and comfortable. Closest second choice was the MB GL550 - was concerned with reliability of that brand. Test drove the Land Cruiser before ordering.

Positives:
Comfortable ride
Height adjustment makes easier entry/exit for my wife and attaching trailer
Reliable
Quiet
Sound system
Towing capability
Second row seat comfort

Annoyances:
Tire inflation indicater does not indicate which of 5 tires is the tire that is low
Inflation stem on spare seems inaccessible unless you drop the tire
Slight vibration in gas peddle at times
Height lower rate - stops if door is opened (which the kids do too soon), awkward to quickly change and drop while approaching entrance of parking garage
Front seats indicate they can vent or cool - cool is imperceptible to me, heat is fine
Have to manually switch between BT connection from my phone and my wifes
We got our first snow last night - the crawl control worked fine getting in and out of my driveway - although I was surprised I would need it in my driveway. The vehicle is heavy and seems to need more tire traction to stop and go than lighter SUV's (it was a very slippery wet ice condition however).

Overall - positive - would buy again. Maybe the Lexus engineers can work on these things
Old 11-26-08, 06:31 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things that have came up on this forum quite a bit that you have also confirmed....lack of coolness in AC seats....and vibration.
Old 11-26-08, 07:51 AM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

This car should have the ability to monitor more tires than it currently does. Most high end cars have a A and B switch so if you have winter tires, those wheels have their sending units already in the control module. As it is now, you must just take your summer tires off the same rims and put on your winter tires. If you try to use a different set of wheels, then you must go to a Lexus dealer who will erase your summer time tires sending you from the computer and then add the winter tires sending unit. Then when you go back to summer, you have to do the same thing only you have to have all the serial number written down for both sets of tires so that the technition can put in the right serial numbers. Very cumberesome and un necessary when they could have just increased the ability for the lexus to carry both summer and winter tires.

Larry
Old 11-26-08, 09:33 AM
alex123
Driver School Candidate

2 things are on the top of my list:
1. I think truck this size needs biger brakes, specially for towing.
2. I can not believe I'm not alowed to lock the car while it's running
3. At 82 grand plus I shouldn't have to pay for lexuslink ($800 option) or XM trafic atleast while under warranty.
4. Some other badly executed good ideas, ie why do we need those buttons on the door if every key is unique and can be used to identify current driver and all the other settings: radio, seat, climate control, etc
Old 11-26-08, 10:08 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

I can live with any of these perceived faults except I want to be able to walk away from my 570 with the engine running and the doors locked!

I am getting ready to take it in for the 15K service and am going to tell them again that this is important to me! My LS460 would not do it either!
Old 11-26-08, 10:02 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

2. I can not believe I'm not alowed to lock the car while it's running
What do you mean by this? After you leave the car or while you are in the car?
Old 11-27-08, 12:05 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I can live with any of these perceived faults except I want to be able to walk away from my 570 with the engine running and the doors locked!

I am getting ready to take it in for the 15K service and am going to tell them again that this is important to me! My LS460 would not do it either!
You can do this !
You just need to use the actual metal key in the door lock to lock it. I just tried it and it works !
Old 11-27-08, 05:49 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
You can do this !
You just need to use the actual metal key in the door lock to lock it. I just tried it and it works !
While it is not a easy as using the fob, you are right it does work! Thanks

I sometimes forget that there is a hard key hidden inside my fob
Old 11-27-08, 06:53 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

It should also come with HID headlights... Xenon lights...

Craig
Old 11-27-08, 08:56 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

While the HID lights are the latest and they look nice, I can not complain about my LX570 lighting. It's stock lights are far superior to my LX470 and project more than enough light down the road. I can not see me over driving them, even at in excess of highway speeds.
Old 11-27-08, 09:53 AM
trusso
Pole Position

While it is not a easy as using the fob, you are right it does work! Thanks

I sometimes forget that there is a hard key hidden inside my fob
Maybe this way you really make sure you never lock you key inside.??
Old 11-27-08, 09:55 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Craig B
It should also come with HID headlights... Xenon lights...

Craig
I couldn't be happier with the lights and the brights are amazing !

HID's seem more Euro.
Toyota/Lexus found a great package without needing to go HID
Old 11-30-08, 07:45 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Although i agree that the projectors on the LX are pretty good, there is no substuting for HIDs. I have owned many cars...HIDs are a must-have for me on my next car because i commute in total darkness at times to work. I actually prefer to use my Sienna minivan (with HIDs) over my G500 for this very reason. (Note, my G500 headlights are not too shabby either.)
Old 11-30-08, 08:53 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
Maybe this way you really make sure you never lock you key inside.??
There is no doubt it has to part of the reason BUT, my 570 knows if the fob is present and if it is inside or outside the vehicle. I can not hit the buttom on the door handle and lock the doors if I have left my fob inside the vehicle but will allow me to do it if the fob is outside. The only difference is the motor is running and while it is running, you can no longer lock the doors with the fob outside.

Hmmm.
Old 11-30-08, 09:47 AM
trusso
Pole Position

There is no doubt it has to part of the reason BUT, my 570 knows if the fob is present and if it is inside or outside the vehicle. I can not hit the buttom on the door handle and lock the doors if I have left my fob inside the vehicle but will allow me to do it if the fob is outside. The only difference is the motor is running and while it is running, you can no longer lock the doors with the fob outside.

Hmmm.
Right when we got the 570, we couldnt get it to lock and I figured the car was already broken (with less than 50 miles on it) we discovered my wifes key was "hidden" somewhere inside the car and the car wouldn't allow us to lock without removing the key.
It wasnt broken, I was just clueless !

Quick Reply: opinion of LX 570