LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

How much did you pay II

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 06:43 PM
LexFather

Arrow How much did you pay II

Originally Posted by boxed
Just wondering what everyone bought their LX570 for..how much did you pay over/under sticker? Getting this suv at invoice doable?
Warning
This thread is to post the price you got on your LX or even what you were offered or what you have seen offered.

This is not going to turn into a shouting match. Thanks in advance everyone
Old 11-13-08, 06:48 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks so much for the new thread, that thread turned into a joke... that was the funniest thread i've seen in a long time

anyways, my cousin got 2 quotes of 5k off msrp and still in the market (he is in so. cal). and i got 2k off msrp and i am in seattle.
Old 11-13-08, 06:59 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

There are 2008 demo's available for around $79K.

Black ones are still sticker in most places.
Old 11-13-08, 07:34 PM
boxed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, just came back from the local dealer. 2 on the lot both white.

Msrp on a white/tan loaded except rear dvd came out to $82k in change. They didn't mention a 6k savings that they emailed me. But i brought it up, they're willing to cut $6k Off the price. which comes to $76k. Told them i have a GX470 for trade in. They gave me $23k for my suv, Their final number was 63k OTD with my trade in. Said no, $60k OTD waiting to see what they say.

edit.
MSRP Invoice
National Base Price
A note about advertising fees $74,700 $64,989 $74,700
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - $0
Optional Equipment $8,940 $7,192 $8,940
TP Technology Package $4,200 $3,400 $4,200
PW Pre-Collision System w/Adaptive Cruise Control $2,850 $2,280 $2,850
PA Intuitive Park Assist $1,000 $800 $1,000
CI Climate Control Front Seats $890 $712 $890
Color Adjustment - - $0
Noble Spinel Mica
Destination Charge $825 $825 $825
Total with Options $84,465 $73,006 $84,465

Edmunds.com

invoice is doable for an 08'

Last edited by boxed; 11-13-08 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-14-08, 03:31 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

I am betting they take the $63k OTD
Old 11-14-08, 08:29 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lucasb7
No offence, but realistically some dealers are hurting and having a hard time selling these wonderful cars. I walked in the dealer and by the time I asked about price, they were 7k off MSRP. An 86k MRRP down to 79k in about 10 minutes.

So although these cars will always have a market, it won't be too strong because believe it or not some wealthy people still don't want to spend an arm and a leg on gas or cars.
Are you saying that 7k off was their opening offer, or that you worked them down to that level?
Old 11-17-08, 09:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

This thread has been extensively pruned to remove ongoing bickering, please keep it on topic from this point forward.

The member who worked for a dealer who had created much of the issue will not be joining us in this thread from this point forward.
Old 11-18-08, 03:39 PM
trusso
Pole Position

I think the 570 is the last car dealerships can make money on. I paid MSRP and got the 1st one thru the dealership.

If they are available and a good amount off MSRP (or you can feel like you are getting a good car for a good price) just buy the thing. Is it worth it to wait 12 more months to maybe have a possible chance to get another $2000 off?
Theres a difference in shopping for a car pestering the dealer for another $500 off..

Thats my 2 cents...
Pais MSRP and got a great car for it...
Old 11-19-08, 06:57 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trusso
I think the 570 is the last car dealerships can make money on. I paid MSRP and got the 1st one thru the dealership.

If they are available and a good amount off MSRP (or you can feel like you are getting a good car for a good price) just buy the thing. Is it worth it to wait 12 more months to maybe have a possible chance to get another $2000 off?
Theres a difference in shopping for a car pestering the dealer for another $500 off..

Thats my 2 cents...
Pais MSRP and got a great car for it...
It isn't going to take 12 more months, imo. As I posted in the earlier thread, those dealers that report to Autotrader had 177 new LX570s in stock as of Sep. 24, and 380 units now. 380 compares to October sales of 567 units (per the corporate press release; so 380 in units in stock is 67% of monthly sales). In comparison, the GS now has 742 units in stock at reporting dealers, or 91% of October sales of 819 units. The way that dealer inventories seem to be rapidly building for the LX, it seems to me that it will only be a few months before you can drive the same sort of bargain on an LX as you would on a GS. (BTW I picked the GS since it is relatively close to the LX in Oct unit sales.)

And no, I won't be pestering the dealer for the last $500, but I know they make their money on service, and would rather let them make the holdback and as little extra as the market allows, when it comes to the vehicle sale. I don't like the feeling of paying $2000 more for something if I feel I could have waited 2 months and saved the $2000.

Last edited by syswei; 11-19-08 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 11:32 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by syswei
It isn't going to take 12 more months, imo. As I posted in the earlier thread, those dealers that report to Autotrader had 177 new LX570s in stock as of Sep. 24, and 380 units now. 380 compares to October sales of 567 units (per the corporate press release; so 380 in units in stock is 67% of monthly sales). In comparison, the GS now has 742 units in stock at reporting dealers, or 91% of October sales of 819 units. The way that dealer inventories seem to be rapidly building for the LX, it seems to me that it will only be a few months before you can drive the same sort of bargain on an LX as you would on a GS. (BTW I picked the GS since it is relatively close to the LX in Oct unit sales.)

And no, I won't be pestering the dealer for the last $500, but I know they make their money on service, and would rather let them make the holdback and as little extra as the market allows, when it comes to the vehicle sale. I don't like the feeling of paying $2000 more for something if I feel I could have waited 2 months and saved the $2000.
I see your point, I would just rather have the car and not wait for something that may not happen. Youre buying a depreciating asset so whatever price you pay, it's not worth it the next day.
If you are trading your 2000 LX, remember that is depreciating at the same time.

When you get your price, you will love the car. I had a 470 before the 570 and the difference was amazing.

Maybe another question for current 570 owners is:
Do you think you got your money's worth?
Would you have paid $5000 more for the car if that was actual price at the time (if it was MSRP or whatever was paid)??
or
Do you feel that you paid too much (car just isnt worth what you paid)??
Old 11-20-08, 04:38 AM
syswei
Pole Position

I see your point, I would just rather have the car and not wait for something that may not happen. Youre buying a depreciating asset so whatever price you pay, it's not worth it the next day.
If you are trading your 2000 LX, remember that is depreciating at the same time.

When you get your price, you will love the car. I had a 470 before the 570 and the difference was amazing.

Maybe another question for current 570 owners is:
Do you think you got your money's worth?
Would you have paid $5000 more for the car if that was actual price at the time (if it was MSRP or whatever was paid)??
or
Do you feel that you paid too much (car just isnt worth what you paid)??

I'm not saying everyone should wait. What I put in the earlier thread was "My advice to anyone wanting an LX: if you can't get the price you want right now, just wait a bit. The economy is on your side." If a prospective buyer is happy with current prices, then by all means, they can go buy the car! As to your question to current owners, of course at the time they purchased it, they felt they got their money's worth....otherwise, they wouldn't have purchased it.

My personal choice is that since I don't really have to have a new car right away, and get some satisfaction (and less buyer's remorse) feeling that I got a near-rock-bottom price, I'll wait a bit. I won't have to wait very long, since the economy keeps sinking.
Old 11-20-08, 02:20 PM
trusso
Pole Position

I'm not saying everyone should wait. What I put in the earlier thread was "My advice to anyone wanting an LX: if you can't get the price you want right now, just wait a bit. The economy is on your side." If a prospective buyer is happy with current prices, then by all means, they can go buy the car! As to your question to current owners, of course at the time they purchased it, they felt they got their money's worth....otherwise, they wouldn't have purchased it.

My personal choice is that since I don't really have to have a new car right away, and get some satisfaction (and less buyer's remorse) feeling that I got a near-rock-bottom price, I'll wait a bit. I won't have to wait very long, since the economy keeps sinking.
I see, good call!!
hope none of the money you were saving for the 570 is still in the market...

I'd still like to see what 570 buyers feel now that they have owned for a bit.
if they got a good deal, if they would have paid more, if they felt like it's not worth it...???
Old 11-21-08, 06:17 AM
syswei
Pole Position

I see, good call!!
hope none of the money you were saving for the 570 is still in the market...

I'd still like to see what 570 buyers feel now that they have owned for a bit.
if they got a good deal, if they would have paid more, if they felt like it's not worth it...???
Yikes, my wife is now saying that she may not want a big SUV. She says that "when you have a big car, some people hate you"....meaning that gas guzzlers, notwithstanding the current recessionary-low gas prices, are environmentally unfashionable. I wonder if we'll someday have activists splashing paint on big SUVs, the way that they do on fur coats? Anyway this isn't a final decision. Prices on most cars will get better as the recession wears on; I figure we'll buy something in March or so, and maybe my wife will change her tune by then, or I'll be able to convice her on an LX.
Old 11-21-08, 10:26 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Yikes, my wife is now saying that she may not want a big SUV. She says that "when you have a big car, some people hate you"....meaning that gas guzzlers, notwithstanding the current recessionary-low gas prices, are environmentally unfashionable. I wonder if we'll someday have activists splashing paint on big SUVs, the way that they do on fur coats? Anyway this isn't a final decision. Prices on most cars will get better as the recession wears on; I figure we'll buy something in March or so, and maybe my wife will change her tune by then, or I'll be able to convice her on an LX.
All this and now she has doubts and worries if it is fashionable to own and drive a LX570? That is funny!

All I have to think about is how safe the "cargo" (my family) is inside the LX570. The laws of physics says BIG STEEL WINS!
Old 11-21-08, 04:02 PM
trusso
Pole Position

She'll love it and when the time is right, go for it !
It's extremely safe, very comfortible, etc...

If I made a car decision based on what other people thought, I would want them to pay for part of it.

I'm not too sure if activists would care so much as the 570 is rates as a ULEV II (ultra low emissions vehicle) so it's most likely cleaner burning than that '71 VW van the activists drove in to splash the paint.
They may however care about the baby seal skin seat covers I just put on....
sorry, that was bad...(also very much kidding, they weren't baby seals)
The following users liked this post:
philboyj (07-29-19)

Quick Reply: How much did you pay II