LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-09, 08:39 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The more I look.......

My wife pointed this out. Now mind you she will never buy anything, buta Lexus at this point. Getting her to agree with me is always a task. I willl have ti admit she's right on this one. LX570 vs. Toyota Highlander looks? Weknow that there is no comparison in ride, size, etc. But, the lookss are stunningly similar. Sorry if this ticks you off, take up with the old lady.
Attached Thumbnails LX570 Pics-g_2.jpg   LX570 Pics-2008_highlander_sport_5.jpg  
Old 07-28-09, 03:33 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Highlander simply looks better in print and in person. The tail-light look alone is just wayyy hotter.
Old 07-28-09, 03:34 PM
SaUcE
Rookie

clean interior, boring exterior...
Old 07-28-09, 07:38 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirCharles
The Highlander simply looks better in print and in person. The tail-light look alone is just wayyy hotter.
better than what?
Old 07-29-09, 05:37 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Hehe, even the approach and departure angle looks better for the Highlander in the pics above!
Old 10-23-09, 07:54 PM
Pacman08
Driver School Candidate

Whatever you say guys this is the ultimate luxury suv of the decade ( LX 570 ), Range Rover nice but , have so many problems , Mercedez Benz GL nice looking suv late for the party , Infiniti forget it, Audi Q7 new kid on the block , Cadillac it's really for celebrities and the likes they can afford to buy a new one if it breaks down . I ' ll stick with Lexus forever
Old 10-27-09, 07:50 PM
SupraLX570
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a status symbol people. We drive this suv because we can afford 85k vehicles. Who cares about similarities with the highlander, in the end it's still a lexus. Sorry to come across so arrogant but it's true.
Old 10-28-09, 04:45 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

LOL. Lets make a sideview,wb, height, weight comparison with Landcruiser as it shares the platform with LX.
Old 10-29-09, 11:26 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
i cant wait untill these come out.. to be honeslt i like the older body stile 470's but the power will be great on the 570's
Originally Posted by flipside909
I would reserve judgement until you see the vehicle in person. Like for those who have now seen the IS-F in person...a majority of them have changed their mind into the positive. I personally think the new LX will change opinions and set the bar even higher for Luxury Utility Vehicles.
Originally Posted by Max707
I understand what you are saying, many of the new designs at first look really bad and then after you see them in person over a 6 month to 1 year period they grow on you and they start to look good. Wasn't like that in the old days.

Now looking back on what i said and have driven these on countless occations and on some trips I can say:

I do like the new 570 alot! BUT i do miss the rugged feel of the 470.

the 570 feels too luxurious to off-road and actually use it what it was created for. But for on road and use it what a lexus customer would drive it as.. (a concrete jungle "suv") I love it absolutly love it feels as if im driving an LS460..

the 470 felt more like a truck... and theres nothing bad about both of the cars, I love em both.. two totaly different SUV's in my book.
Old 11-02-09, 03:06 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SupraLX570
It's a status symbol people. We drive this suv because we can afford 85k vehicles. Who cares about similarities with the highlander, in the end it's still a lexus. Sorry to come across so arrogant but it's true.
+1, well said. I drive an RX because it's a Lexus, I didn't want a Toyota Highlander
Old 11-02-09, 09:10 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I would reserve judgement until you see the vehicle in person. Like for those who have now seen the IS-F in person...a majority of them have changed their mind into the positive. I personally think the new LX will change opinions and set the bar even higher for Luxury Utility Vehicles.
i agree! so many people were hating on the F, including those bimmer fans. but after many talks and comparisons, some have come around to appreciating the technology and prestige that associates a race-inspired beast with the luxury and status that comes from owning a lexus. sure lexus is owned by toyota, but toyota is and always has been the more common on the roads. lexus is far superior and the bar setter for luxury and comfort. for those who want to compare the highlander to the lx570 is simply inadequate. both are in the same "category" as an SUV, but the lx is an Luxury Utility Vehicle, which not too many fall into. people can have a preference, and thats perfectly fine, but to compare these two cars together simply because they're both technically SUVs is not a suitable argument. its like comparing the F to the camry or avalon because they're technically both "sedans"--they're simply not comparable.
Old 11-02-09, 11:16 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
i agree! so many people were hating on the F, including those bimmer fans. but after many talks and comparisons, some have come around to appreciating the technology and prestige that associates a race-inspired beast with the luxury and status that comes from owning a lexus. sure lexus is owned by toyota, but toyota is and always has been the more common on the roads. lexus is far superior and the bar setter for luxury and comfort. for those who want to compare the highlander to the lx570 is simply inadequate. both are in the same "category" as an SUV, but the lx is an Luxury Utility Vehicle, which not too many fall into. people can have a preference, and thats perfectly fine, but to compare these two cars together simply because they're both technically SUVs is not a suitable argument. its like comparing the F to the camry or avalon because they're technically both "sedans"--they're simply not comparable.
Completely agree
Old 01-01-14, 12:18 AM
guccigucci
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pacman08
Whatever you say guys this is the ultimate luxury suv of the decade ( LX 570 ), Range Rover nice but , have so many problems , Mercedez Benz GL nice looking suv late for the party , Infiniti forget it, Audi Q7 new kid on the block , Cadillac it's really for celebrities and the likes they can afford to buy a new one if it breaks down . I ' ll stick with Lexus forever
Thats right... i know this is an old post but just picked mine up in mid Dec 2013, Dec 18 2013 to be exact and there is nothing in the market right now that is as much reliable, comfortable as our Lexus LX 570, it is simply the cream of the crop for SUV in all occasions. Its got the looks, the lux, the interior, the reliable engine and sure screw gas mileage, go get a hybrid if you want gas mileage but simply it is the best I have driven...Once you go Lexus LX its hard to go back to others...
Old 01-01-14, 08:02 AM
Crazyfans
Driver School Candidate

Nice lokin wheeeelzzz....
Old 01-06-14, 03:32 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rash

nice looking unit!

Quick Reply: LX570 Pics