ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-3rd-gen-2008-2021-203/)
-   -   Wht/blk vs wht/parch (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-3rd-gen-2008-2021/826902-wht-blk-vs-wht-parch.html)

jalnsx 06-25-16 08:34 AM

Wht/blk vs wht/parch

If you had to choose between wht blk or wht tan which would you choose? Both are identical and the discount is the same. I have not seen either in person but on our way and was hoping for some thoughts from someone who has seen both!

yakim 06-25-16 09:32 AM

I'd go with tan, especially if you are in the South. Tan will stain much more than black,and transfer dye from your clothing. So, proper pre-treatment and maintenance would be crucial

jalnsx 06-25-16 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by yakim (Post 9532440)
I'd go with tan, especially if you are in the South. Tan will stain much more than black,and transfer dye from your clothing. So, proper pre-treatment and maintenance would be crucial

That being said the blk would eliminate all those issues. We just looked at the blk interior and it looks great we are on way to other dealer to look at tan!

Hawk4Life 06-26-16 01:28 PM

FWIW, I owned (and recently traded) a 2015 LX wht/blk and loved the combo. I live in Dallas and it never got too hot for my taste. As yakim mentioned the staining and dye transfer possibility is too much of a risk for me. Drove mine for 15 months and 18k miles and it still looked and smelled new upon trade in. Best of luck in your search.

H4L

Chocolate 06-27-16 12:11 AM

Coming from a vehicle with Tan interior to one with a Black interior, light exteriors on both, the tan definitely stays cooler. It also stains much easier. I always roll the windows down when possible before or after starting the vehicle to air it out.

jalnsx 06-27-16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chocolate (Post 9534022)
Coming from a vehicle with Tan interior to one with a Black interior, light exteriors on both, the tan definitely stays cooler. It also stains much easier. I always roll the windows down when possible before or after starting the vehicle to air it out.

I think the blk gives the car more of a young feel and not so much like a grandpa. I am sure in the summer the blk would be hotter but man it looks better IMO.

phibuilder 06-29-16 03:29 PM

What do you recommend for pretreatment. I got the tan leather and already I can see it getting dirty only a couple do days . Cilajet was a nightmare in my ls460. Make the leather feels weird like paper. Thanks guys

yakim 06-29-16 04:07 PM

Mine was pre-treated with something @ delivery. Have no idea what it was but doesn't show stains from my raw denim jeans.

I'd suggest for you to explore Leather Master line of products...cleaner and protection creams

Mikerx80 07-13-20 11:51 PM

Black 100%. For the most part I love black interior, also would consider saddle and red. But your question is specific to those two colors so I would suggest black not to worry about dye and other imperfections that are magnified from lighter leather colors. Some say black absorbs heat, you can easily take care of that from getting quality ceramic tint.

Ashron 07-14-20 04:43 PM

I always get black or dark interiors since i'm an executive in a manufacturing company and somehow, somewhere, sometimes, my clothes touch something, a machine or some boxes or pallets and walla, before you know it, light colored seats get stained. (I made that mistake once - getting tan leather seats). Since then, seats always look clean.