LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

$1,000 FINDER'S FEE: 2006 or 2007 LX 470 in Mint Condition - White Exterior / Tan Int

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-17, 01:48 PM
is300forev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1,000 FINDER'S FEE: 2006 or 2007 LX 470 in Mint Condition - White Exterior / Tan Int

So I recently let the perfect LX 470 slip through my hands. I had an opportunity to purchase it and the sales guy told me that he wouldn't go lower on price because he had somebody else interested. I didn't believe him and the other person came in and bought it. This was the vehicle: http://www.hilsonluxury.com/web/vehi...s/36493702/#00

Anyhow, I've learned my lesson and I'm ready to commit once I find the perfect vehicle. I'm afraid I won't find one that nice though. If anybody finds me one that nice and I end up buying it, I'll Paypal them a $1,000 finders fee. I'm searching daily all of the southern craigslist's, ebay, cargurus, and autotrader, so no need to forward anything from there. The $1,000 finder's fee will only apply to vehicles found outside of those sites.

Requirements:
Sand Dollar Pearl or Crystal White
Tan interior
Working AHC
Mint inside and out - No accidents
No bumper holes on the front bumper from a front license plate
No serious mechanical problems
No rust under vehicle (Probably needs to be southeastern owned)
Side Airbags for the front & rear
Head Curtain airbags
Smoke-free and Odor-free
No night-vision
Rear fin
Chrome (Non-gold) emblems - I'm not sure if these are easy to swap out or not. If they are, then I don't mind if they're gold.

The idea behind this post is to reach anybody that owns this type of vehicle and isn't currently looking to sell. I'm willing to pay above private party KBB value for the right vehicle.

Also, I found a member on here, LovezLexus, that has this vehicle. I've already reached out to him. No finder's fee for anybody that forwards him to me.

Thanks
Old 05-26-17, 11:00 PM
patrick311
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for one too but I want silver. I think I know where a gold one is though. Email me don't get on here much anymore just came to see if one was on here. Lol patricklee311@gmail.com
Old 06-02-17, 04:56 AM
eternalkp
Driver School Candidate

This is my car:

How much are you willing to pay? I am the 2nd owner, I purchased at Lexus dealer back in 2010 as a certified vehicle at 55k miles (still have paper works). I also have iPod connector to the radio, done at the same Lexus dealer who sold this vehicle. I remember they charged me $1,100 for it. From get go, I removed the third row, bagged the seats, and stored them in my basement.

All of the parts replaced are OEM (got receipt), except for NAPA brand CV driveshafts done at 95k.
All service are done by my friend, who used to be a Toyota technician.

A little brief history:
@65k, tune up: spark plus, air filter, cabin air filter, front brakes (both rotor and pads) replaced, mobile 1 synthetic oil change (i usually change oil every 6k miles). i still have the rear lexus brakes (roter, pads, and shims) saved in the basement. AHC fluid replaced.

@ 70k, replaced 4 ignition coils. They are not necessary bad, just looks old. Serpentine belt replaced. Front right headlight bulb replaced.

@80k: tranmission and different fluid changed at local shop.

@ 90k, replace AC/heater blower. Front left headlight bulb replaced.

@95k miles: timing belt, water pump, cam seal, etc done. All spark plus are changed. cabin air filter and air filter replaced, oil change.
CV joins (NAPA brand, lifetime warranty)
muffler replaced.

The only work this car needs is new tires. This car has never been offroad and been pampered. The only reason I am thinking of letting her go is to buy a smaller sedan, the GS 350 AWD.

Last edited by eternalkp; 06-02-17 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-02-17, 06:28 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by eternalkp
This is my car:

How much are you willing to pay? I am the 2nd owner, I purchased at Lexus dealer back in 2010 as a certified vehicle at 55k miles (still have paper works). I also have iPod connector to the radio, done at the same Lexus dealer who sold this vehicle. I remember they charged me $1,100 for it. From get go, I removed the third row, bagged the seats, and stored them in my basement.

All of the parts replaced are OEM (got receipt), except for NAPA brand CV driveshafts done at 95k.
All service are done by my friend, who used to be a Toyota technician.

A little brief history:
@65k, tune up: spark plus, air filter, cabin air filter, front brakes (both rotor and pads) replaced, mobile 1 synthetic oil change (i usually change oil every 6k miles). i still have the rear lexus brakes (roter, pads, and shims) saved in the basement. AHC fluid replaced.

@ 70k, replaced 4 ignition coils. They are not necessary bad, just looks old. Serpentine belt replaced. Front right headlight bulb replaced.

@80k: tranmission and different fluid changed at local shop.

@ 90k, replace AC/heater blower. Front left headlight bulb replaced.

@95k miles: timing belt, water pump, cam seal, etc done. All spark plus are changed. cabin air filter and air filter replaced, oil change.
CV joins (NAPA brand, lifetime warranty)
muffler replaced.

The only work this car needs is new tires. This car has never been offroad and been pampered. The only reason I am thinking of letting her go is to buy a smaller sedan, the GS 350 AWD.
For starters, what's your asking price.

The truck is super clean, based on a few laps around it outside and inside.

Your friend needs to flush the AHC system as well as brake fluid...I'm basing that simply on the dark color of both fluids.

I'd also shoot some pics or videos of the underneath...that's after removing front and rear covers with the truck up on a rack.

Thx
Old 06-14-17, 06:18 AM
01Convert
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was lucky enough to find basically the same vehicle you described on Craigslist this weekend. One owner, full service records, southern car, etc.

They can be found so don't give up! It did cross my mind to send you the link but my wife has wanted one for a while so we ended up buying it.
Old 06-14-17, 06:27 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Has the OP forgotten about this thread?

If he is still reading, you kinda need to be realistic with these trucks. To find one with all the listed criteria is going to be pretty much impossible (no bumper holes..... REALLY?) Good luck with that.

Either be prepared to settle for a truck that is not 100% as your dream truck or spend ALOT of time waiting for something that might never show up.

It's a 10 year old vehicle, but it sounds like the OP thinks it's 2007 and he is optioning a brand new vehicle on the Lexus website (if that was even a thing back then, which I highly doubt).

Buy the closest truck that meets those specs and make the necessary changes to make it exactly how you want.
Old 06-15-17, 11:17 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah, agreed. If I were a seller, I'd wonder how serious the buyer truly is with that kind of list.
Maybe he means the list is highly desirables as opposed to mandatories
Old 06-15-17, 11:20 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The other thing to keep in mind, if the OP can convince a seller he's serious, then as a seller I'd jack the price the price up 25% easy, knowing the supply of this spec truck is very low in the marketplace.

as a buyer, the last thing you want to convey is that you've found a rarity and absolutely have to have it.
Old 06-19-17, 12:01 AM
is300forev
Driver School Candidate

I found one last week. Payment has been sent. Waiting for payment to clear and then shipping it to me. Hoping to get it this week. 2006 with 98k miles. Was in Florida its whole life up till August last year and then was shipped to NC. Looks clean from some sub-par photos. Toyota dealership inspected it and said the only issue was some leaking CV's. Toyota service rep said it was the cleanest LX 470 he's ever seen. I'm hopeful, but you never know until you see it in person. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-19-17, 07:15 AM
01Convert
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is300forev
I found one last week. Payment has been sent. Waiting for payment to clear and then shipping it to me. Hoping to get it this week. 2006 with 98k miles. Was in Florida its whole life up till August last year and then was shipped to NC. Looks clean from some sub-par photos. Toyota dealership inspected it and said the only issue was some leaking CV's. Toyota service rep said it was the cleanest LX 470 he's ever seen. I'm hopeful, but you never know until you see it in person. Fingers crossed.
Congrats on the find. They are out there you just have to stay vigilant. I'm jealous of the mileage. The 2006 I just picked up has 130,000 on it but it was the lowest I came across in my area.
Old 06-19-17, 12:31 PM
is300forev
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01Convert
Congrats on the find. They are out there you just have to stay vigilant. I'm jealous of the mileage. The 2006 I just picked up has 130,000 on it but it was the lowest I came across in my area.
Thanks man. It sounds like you got a good one too. I'm not too concerned about the mileage as much as the condition of the vehicle. I wanted a vehicle that was in relatively great shape and no rust.

Last edited by is300forev; 07-06-17 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-19-17, 05:53 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an '04 blizzard white with tan interior. 91k miles. Clean as a whistle... let me know if your deal falls thru.