LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Help insp. an out-of-state LX470

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-16, 09:35 AM
10suxel02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help insp. an out-of-state LX470

There aren't many available 2004 LX470's in my area of Michigan, but there are good options in other states. I can talk to the seller, get photo's, line up financing, print VIN and CarFax checks here, but don't want to waist my time and money driving hundreds of miles to look at an LX470, only to find that the seller, private or dealer, lied about certain important details.

Is there a practice of paying a club member to inspect a certain LX470 for me, to give me some in-depth, honest, knowledgeable feedback on whether I should spend the time or not?

Thanks
Old 09-26-16, 10:31 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by 10suxel02
There aren't many available 2004 LX470's in my area of Michigan, but there are good options in other states. I can talk to the seller, get photo's, line up financing, print VIN and CarFax checks here, but don't want to waist my time and money driving hundreds of miles to look at an LX470, only to find that the seller, private or dealer, lied about certain important details.

Is there a practice of paying a club member to inspect a certain LX470 for me, to give me some in-depth, honest, knowledgeable feedback on whether I should spend the time or not?

Thanks
I've not seen that concept here, Pre-purchase inspections by a shop not a party to the transaction may be starting to get some traction here. Cheap insurance that as you noted needs to be done in person. Combine that with the rule that your perfect used truck may not be very local makes that kind of service attractive.

I'd post your need on the 100 series forum on ih8mud.com and see what you get. Also, see what's available in the area in shops specializing in Toyota and Lexus.