LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Trunk hinge wiring harness

Old 07-16-15, 09:25 PM
ingram67
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk hinge wiring harness

Saw a lot of posts for LS 400 and the broken/frayed wires in left side of trunk hinge wiring harness but can't find any info on it for LX 470 though I have exact same symptoms: reverse light stays on no matter whether you're in drive, park, neutral and lots of revving but no acceleration. Tail lights had gone out a couple days ago but new fuse fixed it, but now this....
Does anyone know where the wiring harness is on lx 470 and how to get to it. I'm handy but not mechanical. Thanks!
Old 07-19-15, 07:22 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ingram67
Saw a lot of posts for LS 400 and the broken/frayed wires in left side of trunk hinge wiring harness but can't find any info on it for LX 470 though I have exact same symptoms: reverse light stays on no matter whether you're in drive, park, neutral and lots of revving but no acceleration. Tail lights had gone out a couple days ago but new fuse fixed it, but now this....
Does anyone know where the wiring harness is on lx 470 and how to get to it. I'm handy but not mechanical. Thanks!
Lift up the rear window, drop the tail gate, and lift the plastic bridge between the body and tailgate; you'll see the harness exiting from the bottom of the tailgate across to the body and up and into the area in front of the driver's side tail light.

My '01 had a short in the bend area of the harness outside the tail gate...it lit up a number of fault lamps on the ip and knocked out the tail lights...turned out be a short caused by bending the cable back and forth as the tail gate opens and closes.

hth

Steve
Old 07-19-15, 08:28 PM
ingram67
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was the park neutral position switch

Originally Posted by hankinid
Lift up the rear window, drop the tail gate, and lift the plastic bridge between the body and tailgate; you'll see the harness exiting from the bottom of the tailgate across to the body and up and into the area in front of the driver's side tail light.

My '01 had a short in the bend area of the harness outside the tail gate...it lit up a number of fault lamps on the ip and knocked out the tail lights...turned out be a short caused by bending the cable back and forth as the tail gate opens and closes.

hth

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve. I took a look at the wires and they all looked in order. Computer showed code P1760 - park neutral position switch. Got a new one and she's running great again. I guess since it failing, vehicle thought it was reverse while in drive, this the extreme lagging/revving.