LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-17, 06:17 AM
britishtex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here!

i have a 2004 LX470. Bought it certified back in 2009 with around 67000 miles. It's black with tan interior and currently has 110000 miles. I had been looking at a 2013 LX570, but honestly, I just couldn't part with the 470. My only issue at the moment is the ML stereo. The sound is very faint and every once in a while it comes back. I suspect it's the amp, so that'll be my next project. Anyway have experience with a similar issue?
Old 06-02-17, 09:03 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ta1drman
My Toyota LC did not have the air suspension and the LX470 suspension sure is nice. I have noticed a number of guys replace the air suspension with fixed--it is MUCH less expensive. Tk!
The LX definitely does NOT have an "air suspension"...it's all hydraulic. I.e., AHC fluid goes in the big tank thing on the passenger side to the rear of the air cleaner. When's the last time you had the fluid changed??
Old 06-06-17, 12:21 AM
deepdish
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up a 2004 LX470 with 213K miles - Black with grey interior. ML audio system with backup camera. I love it! Car has been in Los Angeles since it was first sold, no rust! This replaces my 2000 Subaru Forester which I was using for camping, hiking, snowboarding.

Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170430_190522.jpgWelcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170430_190508.jpgWelcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20170515_112847.jpg
Old 07-19-17, 01:06 PM
axle167
Driver School Candidate

Default new guy here

Hi all,
I have owned 5 different 4runners from 1992 to 2007, the last one a 2007 V8 and loved the truck, but she was written off.

I've always loved the LX ever since it was new. had a chance to pick up a 2005 pearl white with 210k miles. The car was pretty well maintained and had good service records as i was a bit quick to the draw and just bought it without inspection. In any case, the ride is very nice, seating is very comfortable, but i do have to say the car is pretty slow compared with my 4runner, especially the low end torque. I thought the engine would be roughly the same 4.7 V8, but maybe it's slow because of the weight? In any case, still love the truck. Services that it needs are timing belt and water pump and is on my to do list in the next little while.

Alex
Old 07-19-17, 08:43 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Maybe it's slow because of the weight...

The LX weights ~ 5600 pounds. Our '01 weighs 5880 with me, my ACD co-pilot, and a full tank. An '07 V8 4Runner is around 4500 pounds. In round figures, the LX weights about a third more than the 4Runner.
Old 09-10-17, 03:45 PM
AnbeLexus
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!

I'm here with a 2005 lx470 White with tan . Loaded with all options including night vision. I've had it about two year and so far everything is great! Best vehicle that I have ever owned!
Old 09-23-17, 05:16 AM
Mxperezg
Driver School Candidate

Hi there,

i am a new user on this site. I own a Lexus LX 470, 2002. I bought it because the other owner was experiencing the VSC issues. I disconnected it, and now having fun with the car.

Yesterday i installed a new 5 channel amplifier. Sound improved a little bit, but still working on it for improvements.

regards to all.

GAP
Old 10-19-17, 06:22 PM
76fj40
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 Lexus LX470

I'm the new owner of an 2006 LX470, silver with gray interior, 139k. Good shape but has a few minor things to repair. I plan to make it my everyday driver and would like to make the repairs myself. I'm looking for ideas or suggestions for a less expensive parts supplier. Namely for the stock rear roof rack leg, in silver and the rear license plate mount (i can't find this thing anywhere). I'm also looking for suggestions to replace the stock audio/navi system with a aftermarket apple car play unit. Evidently there is not an easy solution for this swap so suggestions are much appreciated.
Old 10-20-17, 10:22 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 76fj40
I'm the new owner of an 2006 LX470, silver with gray interior, 139k. Good shape but has a few minor things to repair. I plan to make it my everyday driver and would like to make the repairs myself. I'm looking for ideas or suggestions for a less expensive parts supplier. Namely for the stock rear roof rack leg, in silver and the rear license plate mount (i can't find this thing anywhere). I'm also looking for suggestions to replace the stock audio/navi system with a aftermarket apple car play unit. Evidently there is not an easy solution for this swap so suggestions are much appreciated.
Welcome aboard. There are not a bunch of discounts on Toyota / Lexus parts, especially Lexus. Most parts on your truck are Toyota and used in both the Land Cruiser and LX. Normally, you may get better pricing at a Toyota v. a Lexus dealer. Assuming your rack is the same as on a Land Cruiser, this page may help... If not, google 'cheapest Lexus parts' and see what you get.

http://toyotapartsestore.com/search_...ch_str=luggage

I've had no luck on a license bracket...I'd suggest getting a user name and password on ih8ud.com and ask the question in the 100 series tech forum.

hth
Old 10-27-17, 05:15 AM
sixpax
Driver School Candidate

Here is an option. This is a Junk Yard in Michigan they have 3 lexus lx470's in there lot. I have ordered some parts from them in the past. you maybe able to get parts from them a they can ship anywhere in the united states.
I hope this helps.
http://www.augustpohl.com/used-parts...0#.WfMi51tSzRY

Kind regards,
Aamir
Old 10-30-17, 09:35 AM
madmaxvol
Driver School Candidate

Default New Meber

I have loved these vehicles since the first time I saw them...and I finally ran across one that was too good to pass up...so here I am...an old/new to me LX470 owner.

My vehicle:
2003 LX 470
Blue Vapor Metallic Exterior with Grey Interior
Navigation/Mark Levinson System

I've had it a week now and love it. So happy with my new (15 year old) vehicle. Bring on the Snow...woo hoo.
Old 10-31-17, 06:59 PM
RGJ100
Driver School Candidate

Hey all! New here! Just bought my sister's 2002 Lexus LX470 with just over 140k miles on it.
White with Tan interior
Nav/ ML system, but the radio does not work...bummer! Aside from that, loving our J100!
Old 11-01-17, 01:53 PM
pjank1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 LX470 Heat and AC quit blowing Hot or Cold, just Blows!

2006 LX470 - 60,000 miles - My Heat and AC have quit working. It blows air just not hot or cold... it just blows. I have checked the fuses. Any Ideas of what can be wrong?
Old 11-02-17, 08:24 PM
chadld
Driver School Candidate

'03 LX 470 Blizzard Pearl/Ivory, Mark Levinson. 135k miles. Just became the second owner and I already love it!
Old 12-15-17, 10:09 AM
LX4ORR70
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all!

I recently purchased a 2003 LX 470 with 217,000 km on it (approx. 135,000 miles). I'm in Canada, purchased as a 'Winter vehicle'. I am a Dodge Dealer and drive a Challenger in the summer. Usually I just drive cars off the lot during the winter but a close friend told me about the LX 470 and I was intrigued. The story is great, I'm the third owner. First owner had it from 03-06, second owner bought it and drove it to Florida every winter from 06-17. Not a lick of rust on it! truly a rare find! So needless to say with our harsh winter, I oil sprayed it. So far its been an absolute dream! I have two kids (4 and 7) they are used to the glitz and glam of 'new' cars... my wife's Durango has DVD player behind the seats, etc. But my kids have absolutely fallen in love with 'The Black Bear' (that's what we call it). They love how they sit up high, how much glass there is, the visibility, just how big the whole car is. And they have fallen in love with the cassette player (it's all I listen too), before they'd fight over which DVD to watch, or which Sat radio station to listen too, but in the Lexus they sit, they're quiet, they play eye spy with each other, they love my taste for 80's pop (Phil Collins). In a strange way the LX 470 has brought us closer together as a family. My wife loves driving it too, she loves that she doesn't speed. LOL. it's like time slows down when you're driving it. As a man whose only driven Chrysler products (3rd generation dealer), I can fully appreciate the R&D Lexus spent on the LX and just how dang reliable it is and how the materials have held up over 15 years. Now, there are some nuances that I will eventually run by everyone here. Some strange noises coming from the engine bay (sound like something rattling or thumping [kinda like someone is playing bongos behind the dash]) that only comes on (or noticeable) when I'm at a stop light. But so far, 3 months in I'm absolutely smitten! This is definitely a car I plan on keeping for a long time! - Dave Orr

Searching for this plate frame (was originally on the car but the 2nd owner had too much sentimental value and could pass it along) If anyone is in Hawaii, can find me this, I will pre pay you with paypal shipping included!! Would love to get this plate frame back on the car!
The Black Bear on a warm summers morning
Every bit of chrome is perfect on this machine!
Love the big windows, Love how every window is auto up/down! Not much to critique on this bad boy!
The following users liked this post:
Gmoney32 (12-30-22)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE