LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Will Lexus corporate step in? Sorry for the long post.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 02:45 PM
Nello3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus corporate just offered me a price that's less than what Bridgewater Lexus was going to offer me on trade.

This is after Lexus of Bridgewater not only destroyed a vehicle I had no intention on selling, but also, they couldn't fix after six attempts (steering is slowly starting to malfunction again).

This is unreal. I will never buy another Toyota/Lexus product again. My family has purchased six of these vehicles and this is their offer? What a joke.
Old 01-26-11, 11:05 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After hearing this I am almost glad they did not recall my cruiser! Have you find a new car yet?
Old 01-27-11, 01:43 PM
Nello3
Driver School Candidate

Not yet.

I hand the vehicle back in next week. I will be meeting with a rep from ISG (Impartial Services Group) at the dealership where I purchased the truck.

I have to say, that after Lexus agreed to a fair buyback price, I will consider the brand again. The only problem? It took me almost a year to find my LX; I'm pretty sure it will take me quite a while to decide on another vehicle, but I do like the new GX and of course the LX570.

Since we were hammered with another 20" of snow overnight, I decided to use my day off and clean out truck and to also start it to make sure the battery is charged since it's just been sitting in the parking garage in my building for the past several weeks. Just sitting in it makes me disappointed that the dealer couldn't solve the steering issues. It will be a sad day when I say goodbye to the LX.
Old 02-01-11, 03:32 PM
Nello3
Driver School Candidate

Well, the buyback has been completed. I had the vehicle washed near my house yesterday morning and then headed up to the dealership to meet with the inspector from ISG. The rep was extremely professional and thorough - boy she was thorough.

She took about 20-30 pictures of the LX, took tire tread measurements, checked the windshield for any damage, and then went over the body and interior with a fine-tooth comb.

If you ever have to deal with a buyback, make sure you have EVERYTHING. All keys and all accessories (rubber mats, remote start fobs, hitch/tongue/wiring, etc...) because you will be charged if you don't have them.

After the inspection was completed, we proceeded with the paperwork and I eventually took possession of the check while the rep took possession of the title. The whole process took about 1.5 hours from start to finish.

My better half and I left the dealership and went across the street to a diner for a late lunch (and toasted the LX).

I have to say that the mechanical reliability of the LX was far superior to anything I have ever owned, however, the dealers and service in the NYC/NNJ area are atrocious. They are so bad in fact, that I am questioning whether or not I would buy another Lexus due to the fact that I'd have to get the vehicle serviced by these chop-shops.

The following dealers I dealt with were either terrible or marginal (and I am not a hard person to please).

Prestige Lexus - left a nice ding in my door and grease smudges all over the interior after a service. Yesterday the sales rep who sold me the LX just looked at me in the showroom and kept walking. Nice.

Lexus of Queens/Manhattan - another ding in the quarter-panel (Queens) and a valet driving the LX like it was stolen with tires squealing and everything (Manhattan).

MotorWorld Lexus (Wilkes-Barre, PA) - brought the LX in for service while I was visiting my 98 year-old grandmother. Truck came back filthy and had crumbs all over the front seats. Maybe someone had a buffet spread while I was away?

Lexus of Bridgewater - the SM and SA are great guys, but IMO, the techs aren't qualified to work on lawnmowers let alone cars. The pry marks in the vinyl, the half-assed reinstall of the panel under the steering column, and major scratches (could have been from the valets) are so pathetic it's sad.

My request is to simply give me back my car the way I dropped it off. Nothing more, nothing less.

So that's it - it's all over.

I will admit that I shed a tear yesterday as I said goodbye to my beloved truck. I know it's just a piece of machinery, but it became a part of the family and was always ready to perform any task we asked it to do.

Final pics from yesterday (sorry for the crappy resolution).

Last edited by Nello3; 02-02-11 at 06:20 AM. Reason: tense error
Old 08-01-11, 09:27 PM
gerga1234
Driver School Candidate

i am having the exact issue with my LX....too bad there isn't a solution. I love my car but now hate driving it because of the steering/veering off issues.