LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

need help - continuous annoying beep in 2003 LX 470

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-09, 07:15 PM
skrde77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help - continuous annoying beep in 2003 LX 470

Dear friends

have been driving this car for a while with absolutely no issues. A couple of days back i started hearing a steady dull continious beep sound. Once the key comes in contact before starting the engine, this dull beep starts and continues.
I left it alone for two days thinking that it might just go away on its own but nothing has changed. None of the dashboard indicators are lit up or indicate any problem. The vehicle drives absolutely like normal, except for the dull annoying beep. I have tried to check the keys and alarm system as per manual instructions and they seem to be working ok. The beep sound is similar to the beep made while using the right/left indicators except that this is continious.
This is driving me crazy and any help on this one will be really appreciated.

Regards
skrde
Old 12-01-09, 07:35 PM
skrde77
Driver School Candidate

Gentlemen

waiting for some tips on how to get rid of this beeping sound. Are there any other details that i need to give the experts ..... ? or am i unable to explain my problem clearly. Pl let me know

Regards
skrde77
Old 12-02-09, 02:34 AM
skrde77
Driver School Candidate

friends
does this have anything to do with the immobilizer which get activated once we insert the key and create contact by turning ON. The only way that this dull beep stops is by taking out the key .... keeps on all the while the car is being driven. The immobilizer is supposed to have a beep on key insertion but should get shut off once the engine starts . Any ideas ?

Regards
Sumanta
Old 12-02-09, 06:06 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Sounds like a relay or something may be shorting. Look around under the area its coming from. I'm no mechanic, but I do like working on my own truck.
Old 12-03-09, 02:25 AM
skrde77
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the advice .... do you think something could be wrong with the a fuse in the fuse box or the starter contact ? how do i go about checking or rectifying it .....

regards
skrde77
Old 12-05-09, 02:37 AM
skrde77
Driver School Candidate

gentlemen
I took the car to the local toyota dealer . ( dont have a lexus service centre here ) . The service supervisors looked around for a while and finally said that some tiny speaker in the dashboard is beeping . Its located behind the dash panel and the only way to get this rectified is to cut off the wiring to the speaker as all other vehicle indicators are normal. They say that this beep could have got activated due to some speed limit program in the vehicle. This car had been imported from Australia in 2003 but has anyone ever heard of such a beep getting activated due to speed limit restrictions programmed in the vehicle.
I am not very convinced with either the daignosis or the solution being provided by the Toyota dealership.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

regards
skrde77
Old 12-08-09, 07:44 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

No beeping with my '03 LX. I know the old Japan market vehicles used to beep if you exceeded the national speed limit, which was an absurdingly low 75kph or so.
Old 01-06-10, 07:41 PM
mhunter
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2000 LX470. A high continuous beep started in the dash. It came on anytime the ignition was on and continued all the time. My mechanic thought that trying to disable the speaker would mess with the alarm system. We finally isolated it to a bad fuse block which of course costs a small fortune to replace. We tried a used one first with no sucess but finally bought a new one at the dealer. There was a recall on these I hear for a while but my truck is out of warranty. Good luck.
Old 09-14-17, 09:10 AM
rudiharris
Driver School Candidate

Default Constant Beep

Originally Posted by mhunter
I have a 2000 LX470. A high continuous beep started in the dash. It came on anytime the ignition was on and continued all the time. My mechanic thought that trying to disable the speaker would mess with the alarm system. We finally isolated it to a bad fuse block which of course costs a small fortune to replace. We tried a used one first with no sucess but finally bought a new one at the dealer. There was a recall on these I hear for a while but my truck is out of warranty. Good luck.
I have the exact same issue just started on my 1998 LX 470 any information you have would be great! What/where and any part numbers and a little info on how to do the repair/replacement.