LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

New HID Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 07:27 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tella, you have a GX? your car has different headlights and stuff....check with the guys on the GX section for details. I dont know of LX and GX headlights are setup the same.
Old 05-05-06, 06:01 AM
tella
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No 1loudLX, I sold my GX and picked up a 2006 LX470 last week. Great SUV!!!
Old 05-05-06, 04:05 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

there doesn't seem to be as much peripheral light as i'm used to seeing w/ hid's... is it because it' s a retrofit into a projector? i'm sitting on the fence on this mod since my primary goal is more peripheral light.

Also, 1LoudLX, could you post pix of your led turn signals? Very interesting...
Old 05-06-06, 03:58 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

they arent my turn signals but i made them my parking lights. I was kind of going for the look my friends 01 Audi A6 has going on. My turnsigs are still down in the bumper but im working on swapping them out to LED too.

Tella, update ur profile to LX instead of GX.

aedgington, its not a retrofit, its just a plain plug and play kit. I think what you mean if im not mistaken tho is that my install was a PnP kit into a projector and not a reflector housing(like the little ricers do with their civics....ugh)

aedgington.....any questions hit me up but i you live in IL so you must have alot of long open roads and HIDs will definately help in that department...even if its just to light up the sneeky cops(one of the main reasons i got the kit among other things).
Old 05-06-06, 09:25 AM
tella
Driver

Already updated the profile. Now it all current.
And, thanks for the part nubmer, I was able to order the covers without any problems.
Old 05-06-06, 04:22 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

i knew i was saving those little white and red TOYOTA stickers that came on all the parts for something more important than decorations. Good to see it worked out for you. Jim Chow that part # is also what you need to order if oyu want to be able to go back to Halogen quick and ez.
Old 05-18-06, 03:29 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Still no xenon depot kit yet, and I ordered it weeks ago and was billed for it at the time of order.

Gijoebruin, did you get your yet?
Old 05-18-06, 05:42 PM
tella
Driver

I ordered mine three weeks ago, and still did not receive it. They told me that they ran out of them. Now, they expect a new arrival during the week of May 22nd. Let's just hope.
Old 05-18-06, 06:25 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

I ordered mine in late April. They prematurely sent me a tracking number before they cleared Canadian customs, then told me it hadn't cleared, but the tracking number would be valid as soon as it cleared and was shipped. Then I was told it finally cleared and would be shipped overnight that day (that was early this week). Still, the DHL tracking number doesn't work, and there is no response from their customer service regarding any status.
Old 05-18-06, 09:54 PM
gijoebruin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
I ordered mine in late April. They prematurely sent me a tracking number before they cleared Canadian customs, then told me it hadn't cleared, but the tracking number would be valid as soon as it cleared and was shipped. Then I was told it finally cleared and would be shipped overnight that day (that was early this week). Still, the DHL tracking number doesn't work, and there is no response from their customer service regarding any status.
Same here! I had set aside last weekend to the install after receiving an email that I would have it be then.

No clue what is going on!
Old 05-18-06, 10:38 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
Jim, hang in there... This is very un-typical of Steve (XD owner). He is a stand-up guy and very very responsive. My order took less than 2 weeks, so I may assume they have things in back-order. But they should not provide a tracking # if there is no shipment. Anyways, just be patient and it'll come, and you'll love your LX even more after the install.
Old 05-22-06, 09:36 PM
gijoebruin
Driver School Candidate

This is getting crazy! Still nothing and no updates. I just e-mailed him. If I don't hear anything this week than I'll try and get my money back.
Old 05-22-06, 09:44 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

I got an email today saying he was out on business last week and they have the kits packaged up ready to go (today is a national holiday in Canada, so tomorrow they supposed to ship, same tracking number as before). I'll give it another week. If things don't pan out, I'll get a refund and will go the expensive route...a complete ECE HID projector retrofit.
Old 05-23-06, 08:19 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Haleluya...my kit finally shipped today! The tracking number works.
Old 05-24-06, 07:13 AM
chip99
Rookie

hey jim did you order the 4.3kit i was reading the whole thing and not sure what to order?

Quick Reply: New HID Kit Installed