LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Just thought you'd like to see this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 11:29 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just thought you'd like to see this...

I don't see too many LX's here with wheels. So...

Old 10-11-05, 08:53 PM
dougjohn
Pole Position

Those are nice rims.

I think they might get a little thrashed if I put them on my LX 450.

Attached Thumbnails Just thought you'd like to see this...-image-821a.jpg  
Old 10-11-05, 11:34 PM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ......

That actually looks tasteful, but it still defeats the purpose of the vehicle.
Old 10-12-05, 01:02 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Rex, thanks for sharing, who's car is that? Hows that project for Dad that we discussed coming along?
Old 10-12-05, 09:31 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Francis....yeah, I've noticed that the LX forum is MUCH different than the GS forum is, which is where I spend most of my time. But, to each his own. I'm not sure I would agree on the "purpose" of the vehicle. I'm assuming you mean offroading? Well, this is my cousin's LX and he bought it to be used as the family vehicle. The ride is still very smooth but feels much more stable. I plan on picking up an LX also, and will do the same as he has. I'm sure the LX does great offroad, but I cringe at the thought, and just couldn't bring myself to do that, considering the price of the vehicle. Maybe with a Landcruiser, but I'm not even sure about that. Again, to each his own. I have a POS Z-71 Silverado on a 6 inch RCD suspension lift that I use as a "work" truck that goes offroad occasionally.

Hey Derrick. We got pops a "hold me down for now" gift, and are still working on some wheels. I was on your site yesterday looking at some DPE wheels that look similar to the stock S-Class wheels. Those seemed to have really caught his eye. I'm working on him.
Old 10-12-05, 09:38 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rexdr

Hey Derrick. We got pops a "hold me down for now" gift, and are still working on some wheels. I was on your site yesterday looking at some DPE wheels that look similar to the stock S-Class wheels. Those seemed to have really caught his eye. I'm working on him.
Gotcha man, whenever you guys are ready!
Old 10-12-05, 10:31 AM
ktiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Gotcha man, whenever you guys are ready!
Hey Derrick you guys have pictures of the LX 470 with different style wheels on the vehicle? I've been searching for wheels for a while now and I haven't seen anything that makes me want to buy. Any recommendations?
Old 10-12-05, 12:05 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

looks sick!!! I talked to Vince at IForged to make me a set for mine but after thinking about it, I think I'll keep this ride fairly stock so I can go drive it in the dunes everynow and then.
Old 10-14-05, 07:06 AM
Francis K
Racer

Default .......

Francis....yeah, I've noticed that the LX forum is MUCH different than the GS forum is, which is where I spend most of my time. But, to each his own. I'm not sure I would agree on the "purpose" of the vehicle. I'm assuming you mean offroading? Well, this is my cousin's LX and he bought it to be used as the family vehicle. The ride is still very smooth but feels much more stable. I plan on picking up an LX also, and will do the same as he has. I'm sure the LX does great offroad, but I cringe at the thought, and just couldn't bring myself to do that, considering the price of the vehicle. Maybe with a Landcruiser, but I'm not even sure about that. Again, to each his own. I have a POS Z-71 Silverado on a 6 inch RCD suspension lift that I use as a "work" truck that goes offroad occasionally.

I said it looks tasteful, the LX is an immaculate vehicle that can make anything look good.

Don't get upset but yes it does defeat the purpose of the vehicle, you have one of the most capable 4x4 vehicles on earth available to the public. It's made for safety, reliability and luxury in rough terrain and hazardous conditions for you and your passengers, you put some "big and cool" rims on it and impeded everything it was made for, I leave that to Escrapalade owners. I'm not talking about off-roading, the difference or lack thereof between a landcruiser and an LX is miniscule, there isn't much besides some frivilous luxury items and emblems that have an "L" instead of a "T". To do any REAL off-roading in any stock SUV would be a big mistake.

But again, it does look tasteful, I hope your cousin enjoys it.
Old 10-14-05, 07:10 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ktiger
Hey Derrick you guys have pictures of the LX 470 with different style wheels on the vehicle? I've been searching for wheels for a while now and I haven't seen anything that makes me want to buy. Any recommendations?

sorry just noticed this, the LX has a very odd lug pattern, and many wheels dont fit thats why you do not see lots of pics with wheels. I would suggest using the photoshop forum to get a feel for what you might like.
Old 10-14-05, 08:15 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Francis K
I said it looks tasteful, the LX is an immaculate vehicle that can make anything look good.

Don't get upset but yes it does defeat the purpose of the vehicle, you have one of the most capable 4x4 vehicles on earth available to the public. It's made for safety, reliability and luxury in rough terrain and hazardous conditions for you and your passengers, you put some "big and cool" rims on it and impeded everything it was made for, I leave that to Escrapalade owners. I'm not talking about off-roading, the difference or lack thereof between a landcruiser and an LX is miniscule, there isn't much besides some frivilous luxury items and emblems that have an "L" instead of a "T". To do any REAL off-roading in any stock SUV would be a big mistake.

But again, it does look tasteful, I hope your cousin enjoys it.
I don't agree, but not upset at all bro. I see what you're saying. You gotta keep in mind, we're in California. Given the daily conditions out here, I don't think the wheels will compromise the safety, reliability, or luxury of the ride or vehicle. Not too much rough terrain, and hazardous conditions out here really. Like past SUV's I have owned, I'll keep the stock wheels and throw those on when I go to the local mountains for snow boarding season. Other than that, it's normal CA roads and freeways.
Old 10-14-05, 10:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice LX The wheels compliment the car very well... I never see LX's, or GX's with wheels on them its always expeditions or Escalades Looks great

Tony
Old 10-14-05, 12:20 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

That is beautiful!!! I think I might convince my girl to buy an LX
Old 10-16-05, 01:28 AM
dougjohn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
sorry just noticed this, the LX has a very odd lug pattern, and many wheels dont fit thats why you do not see lots of pics with wheels. I would suggest using the photoshop forum to get a feel for what you might like.
Odd lug pattern?

Assuming you're talking about the LX470, how's 5 lugs odd?
Old 10-16-05, 01:31 AM
dougjohn
Pole Position

I don't agree, but not upset at all bro. I see what you're saying. You gotta keep in mind, we're in California. Given the daily conditions out here, I don't think the wheels will compromise the safety, reliability, or luxury of the ride or vehicle. Not too much rough terrain, and hazardous conditions out here really. Like past SUV's I have owned, I'll keep the stock wheels and throw those on when I go to the local mountains for snow boarding season. Other than that, it's normal CA roads and freeways.
hmmm...
I live in Cali too. I guess I should throw a set of DUBs on the wife's 450... naw, maybe not.

but to each their own. Personally, if I were to go that route, I'd either go with bigger wheels, with the same profile ratio you have, or stick with that size wheel and get a larger (higher profile) tire.

The combination you have looks a bit small for the 470...but it looks pretty good.

Something like this, is what I'm talking about...not so much the style, but the size...
Attached Thumbnails Just thought you'd like to see this...-792922_3_full.jpg  

Last edited by dougjohn; 10-16-05 at 01:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Just thought you'd like to see this...