LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 12:59 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile 2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light

Hello, Can any of you please let me know how to replace the courtesy light from running board of 2002 LX 470? I do not know how to locat to light bulb. i checked underneath the running board and only saw the downward lens not the light bulb housing. Please kindly advise if you know.
Old 10-07-10, 06:35 AM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On each side of the lens you see are two phillips screws. Unscrew them and the unit will come right out. You can then turn to the left the piece that hold the bulb and it will pop right out of the lens unit. The bulbs are 168's. Useless as far as I'm concerned. I just replaced mine over the weekend and used LED lights. The difference is dramatic.

Below are the bulbs I used and the result. I used the white LED's. They are very white, camera making them lookk bluish in the pic's.
Attached Thumbnails 2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-led.jpg   2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-dsc09373.1.jpg   2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-dsc09374.1.jpg  
Old 10-07-10, 09:41 AM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for your help and explanation. Yes i will definitely look for LED, your truck looks so nice.
I'm so appreciate you added the picture of the truck. Thank you so so much...........
I wish i can make someone very very happy like you just did.........
Old 10-07-10, 09:33 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats a HUGE improvement over stock! very nice how much did the 4 bulbs cost? I have been thinking of doing this upgrade for a while now but my idea was to get 4 12" led strips and put them under the running boards for more lighting. Im not sure if il stick with that or go with these.
Old 10-07-10, 11:21 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
Actually i tried earlier removing the downward lens, and it was just the hollow rubber pipe nothing came out, no light bulb in it, no light bulb housing. Your truck looks newer, my is 2002, may be that's the difference, i do not know. But i still do not know how to locate the bule. Please kindly help.
Old 10-08-10, 09:08 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Originally Posted by LXurious
Thats a HUGE improvement over stock! very nice how much did the 4 bulbs cost? I have been thinking of doing this upgrade for a while now but my idea was to get 4 12" led strips and put them under the running boards for more lighting. Im not sure if il stick with that or go with these.
I got them on eBay from a great seller. Link below
They are 2W which is why they are a little more expensive than most. Well worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-09-10, 10:19 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
Can you pleaes let me knwo do i have to remove the running board to replace the courtesy light? I can't find the access to light bulb, can you please also let me know where the bulb located and how to access to it?

thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-10-10, 04:00 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Originally Posted by yenyunt
Hello,
Can you pleaes let me knwo do i have to remove the running board to replace the courtesy light? I can't find the access to light bulb, can you please also let me know where the bulb located and how to access to it?

It should be the same. Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?
Old 10-12-10, 08:14 AM
Cibao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yenyunt
Hello,

Here is the instructions to disassemble the Running Boards
Anyway, be advise that not all LX470 have lighted RBs. For example, I have a 00 LX470 with factory RBs without lights. Perhaps yours like mine, didn't have that option.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
COMP.pdf (52.1 KB, 1176 views)
Old 10-13-10, 04:51 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cibao
Here is the instructions to disassemble the Running Boards
Anyway, be advise that not all LX470 have lighted RBs. For example, I have a 00 LX470 with factory RBs without lights. Perhaps yours like mine, didn't have that option.
Yes, mine came with courtesy light in running board. 3 of bulb burnt and only one left works. As my knowledge, they started in 2001 with Navigation package. 2 light bar per side as the other paryt posted the pictures.
Old 10-13-10, 04:54 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twinturbov
Definately, i will take a picture and post. In case, i can be reached at yenyunt@bcbg.com.
Old 10-13-10, 09:57 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twinturbov
Hello,
Here are the pictures of the running board and downward lens underneath the running board. One is the downward lens with bracket and the other picture is after i removed the bracket. I can be reached at yenyunt@bcbg.com , please kindly email me direct if you can.
Attached Thumbnails 2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-100_0365.jpg   2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-100_0366.jpg   2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light-100_0368.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Philly01 (01-30-19)
Old 10-14-10, 06:27 PM
gst444
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually on my 2002 LX470, when you turn the wheel to access the front of the running board. You can remove a screw to get access to either the front end of the running board or the back end.

Each end has a light bulb socket (with two wires going into to them). Twist the light socket counterclockwise and carfully pullout the Halogen bulb.

When replacing, use latex gloves, to avoid getting your skin oils on bulb, which can cause them to burnout easier.

The following link is where I got my bulbs from.

1000Bulbs.com

I did not have to remove the running boards, nor the wheels to get access to each bulb socket.
The following users liked this post:
Philly01 (01-30-19)
Old 10-14-10, 09:05 PM
yenyunt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gst444
Actually on my 2002 LX470, when you turn the wheel to access the front of the running board. You can remove a screw to get access to either the front end of the running board or the back end.

Each end has a light bulb socket (with two wires going into to them). Twist the light socket counterclockwise and carfully pullout the Halogen bulb.

When replacing, use latex gloves, to avoid getting your skin oils on bulb, which can cause them to burnout easier.

The following link is where I got my bulbs from.

1000Bulbs.com

I did not have to remove the running boards, nor the wheels to get access to each bulb socket.

Thanks so much for your detail instruction. I actually tried that way last weekend, i remember front of the runninb board is phillip and screw and rear end of the board is like plastic snap on bolt which seems too tight, i was trying to remove and did not make it. I will try again this weekend.
Thanks again for your instruction.
Old 06-10-11, 08:50 AM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is that the correct bulb?

Bulbrite 715210 - Xenon 10 Watt - G4

Is that the correct bulb for the 2002 LX??

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2002 lx 470, running board courtesy light