LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

charging wire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-18, 08:28 AM
tinalanae
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charging wire?

I have a 2006 Lexus LX470. We have been having ongoing electrical issues. The dealership keeps replacing things and charging us a fortune and the problem persists. This last time they told us the car is unrepairable. They don't make the Part (a charging wire) anymore and you can't get one anywhere. Does anyone know about this?
Old 04-22-18, 11:00 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Do have the part number? Google can usually find sources if the part is available.

It would be unusual for an electrical system part to be unavailable after only 12 model years have passed although more likely if the part was used only on the LX470 and on no other models. I've run into Lexus audio system parts becoming unavailable by six years, phone system parts at four years, odometer by about 12 years and seat belts in some colors becoming unavailable by the 10 year mark.

Lexus dealers seem to loose interest in maintaining older vehicles and sometimes their techs sometimes see so few that they don't understand the idiosyncrasies of some older models. You might have better luck at an independent Lexus repair shop. I've rarely used Lexus dealers for repairs after the warranties have expired.
Old 04-22-18, 02:22 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
Do have the part number? Google can usually find sources if the part is available.

It would be unusual for an electrical system part to be unavailable after only 12 model years have passed although more likely if the part was used only on the LX470 and on no other models. I've run into Lexus audio system parts becoming unavailable by six years, phone system parts at four years, odometer by about 12 years and seat belts in some colors becoming unavailable by the 10 year mark.

Lexus dealers seem to loose interest in maintaining older vehicles and sometimes their techs sometimes see so few that they don't understand the idiosyncrasies of some older models. You might have better luck at an independent Lexus repair shop. I've rarely used Lexus dealers for repairs after the warranties have expired.
OP, I think you ought to consider posting your question in the 100 series tech forum on ih8mud.com...100 series q&a...somebody in you neck of the woods should respond with a good indy shop.