LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

TRD supercharger installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-06, 11:01 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaidman
u might want to throw some bigger injectors also. car tends to run lean with the blower
Actually, the LX is running on the rich side as documented by a Toyota scan tool and my LM1 wide band O2 sensor.
Old 01-04-06, 07:25 AM
Milla...

Soooo whats the ride like Mr Turbo, is it a major increase? did it turn the LX into an instant wheel chirpping beast? Did it bring the LX up to about the power of say the 300+ hp Escalade / Denali. Can you give us some daily driving feed back here. I've been starving for more power since day one, and your the first one I know of who has one installed in an LX that can actually give us some realtime behind the wheel feedback, save the technical brew ha and tell us about difference you feel in that throttle babie.

Last edited by Milla...; 01-04-06 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-04-06, 09:00 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Milla...
Soooo whats the ride like Mr Turbo, is it a major increase? did it turn the LX into an instant wheel chirpping beast? Did it bring the LX up to about the power of say the 300+ hp Escalade / Denali. Can you give us some daily driving feed back here. I've been starving for more power since day one, and your the first one I know of who has one installed in an LX that can actually give us some realtime behind the wheel feedback, save the technical brew ha and tell us about difference you feel in that throttle babie.
Milla,

Funny, I have been spending more time over on ih8mud and the Tundra forums because there is more technical information and wrenching going on over there and less bling.

But, for feedback after my overboosting was fixed the LX is just like before except 350hp under the foot instead of 235ish. Really, it drives just like before in all conditions and added throttle brings instant boost and sit you in the seat power. If you want to pass anyone and kick it down.....instant boost and torque and the LX rockets or should I say takes off like it should. My Supra turbo or STI rockets when kicked so I must temper that word.

Gas mileage....I posted this info over on ih8mud.com but short story....13, 11.7, 14.5 on the last 3 tanks.
Old 01-04-06, 09:55 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by ToyLexmods
Milla,

Funny, I have been spending more time over on ih8mud and the Tundra forums because there is more technical information and wrenching going on over there and less bling.

But, for feedback after my overboosting was fixed the LX is just like before except 350hp under the foot instead of 235ish. Really, it drives just like before in all conditions and added throttle brings instant boost and sit you in the seat power. If you want to pass anyone and kick it down.....instant boost and torque and the LX rockets or should I say takes off like it should. My Supra turbo or STI rockets when kicked so I must temper that word.

Gas mileage....I posted this info over on ih8mud.com but short story....13, 11.7, 14.5 on the last 3 tanks.
OH MY GOODNESS!! NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ....
350HP thats a totally different vehicle power wise. Thank you very much for that piece of information, thats exactly all what I wanted to know, if it was worth it.
Old 01-04-06, 12:09 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Milla...
OH MY GOODNESS!! NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ....
350HP thats a totally different vehicle power wise. Thank you very much for that piece of information, thats exactly all what I wanted to know, if it was worth it.
Like I was talking about on a different thread. We could have purchased a new LX and even drove several 280hp GXs but our 99LX was still fine and in perfect condition. There was no need to spend another 40k just to have new. So, we kept the 99LX....found a mint 98LS w/58k for my wifes daily driver and I was given the green light to put the supercharger on our "old" LX. All I can say now is that this old LX is a keeper. Its paid for, clean and has the power that it always needed. It will now pull the little camper with ease and tow my STI to the track.
Old 01-04-06, 01:00 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I like your philosophy of keeping what you got and improving it. I saw no reason to buy the RX330 or even the RX400h and now I have one of the fastest RX300s on the earth. Though I want to turbo it to make it the fastest.
Old 01-04-06, 03:20 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok so ive been looking on many threads, calling dealerships, calling TRD...i freakin want one! will someone who has gotten a supercharger recently please indulge me on prices and locations. I rolled up next to a 4runner today from connecticut, guy had a TRD Supercharger and borla catback...ive got the catback and i really want the charger now.
Old 01-04-06, 04:28 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
ok so ive been looking on many threads, calling dealerships, calling TRD...i freakin want one! will someone who has gotten a supercharger recently please indulge me on prices and locations. I rolled up next to a 4runner today from connecticut, guy had a TRD Supercharger and borla catback...ive got the catback and i really want the charger now.
I replied to your PM.

Also, can you post some info on the Borla?? Pics and sound bites would be great. I may make you a better deal.

Old 01-05-06, 01:23 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

sound bites are hard to come by for just the borla because my intake is so overwhelmingly loud...which i love.

Ok if anyone can give me a clue on how to add a bunch of pictures to one post, i just took a bunch of pictures of my exhaust system + intake. I also took two cheap videos w/ my digital camera full throttle for two gears, one windows open one closed. For now you all get this shot

and also its been rainning for the past few days so my truck isnt clean, especially the tip but i tried to clean it off a little bit
Attached Thumbnails TRD supercharger installed-muffler_borla_r.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 01-05-06 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-05-06, 01:49 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Heres my dirty dirty tip. I will clean up the truck all pretty pretty tomorrow and take better pictures for everyone to see everything in better detail.
Attached Thumbnails TRD supercharger installed-tip_dirty.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 01-05-06 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-05-06, 02:08 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

oh and here is the other end of the engine
Attached Thumbnails TRD supercharger installed-intake.jpg