LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Courtesy light not working after LED swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-14, 07:14 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive learned that when looking for a blown fuse is to go through all of em one by one to verify although time consuming you will find the blown one..
Old 06-10-14, 09:34 AM
BigWalt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had bought error free canbus led's, yes I believe they caused my problems.

I should of just bought the normal LED's but the quality looked better so I opted for those.
I'm running normal led's on my puddle lights and nike lights with no issues.

Only thing I can say for sure is that all was fine before, once I swapped in the bulb it flickered and then no longer worked. no loose/pinched wires or any other issues that I could see. Could just be some freak incident... Who knows.

My issue with the rear door lock started after i put the canbus led in the trunk light to test the bulb.

Last edited by BigWalt; 06-10-14 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-10-14, 09:17 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextrician
Ive learned that when looking for a blown fuse is to go through all of em one by one to verify although time consuming you will find the blown one..
That was my plan, but on my 600 that fuse panel in the trunk is frustrating to say the least as to where it is positioned..directly behind a huge body weld and 1/4 of the fuses you can't even see unless you use a mirror and do some circue de soleil type body contorting to pull each one..I gave up after 5 fuse pulls and let CPO handle it..which they did gratis
Old 03-15-18, 02:17 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a 2014. Are the front and rear spot lights already LED? I could not figure out how to remove them. The one in the middle I swapped out but I wasn't sure about this smaller ones.
Old 03-15-18, 08:52 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsherv
I have a 2014. Are the front and rear spot lights already LED? I could not figure out how to remove them. The one in the middle I swapped out but I wasn't sure about this smaller ones.
Yes, those spot (reading) lights are LEDs. Many here have swapped out the dome lights in the front and back as you have done. You can also swap out the trunk lights for LEDs. Some here have also replaced the vanity lights with LEDs, but I had a hard time opening those panels.
Old 03-15-18, 09:20 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Thank. The color is a little different between the leds added to what was already there. That is why I asked.

The vanity lights were not that tricky. The whole unit pops out.

Are all the led upgrades people do to mirrors and headlights on on the earlier models? My car had led headlights and fogs. Are the tails and all the other exterior lights led?
Old 03-16-18, 06:49 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Upgraded all my lights led no problems so far. Expensive but I used V Leds.
Old 05-30-20, 03:22 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Same issue

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Ok, which fuse block? Is it the one on the far left side of trunk "Fuse Block A" where the fuses are the different colors are nearly impossible to get to, or the ones that are more behind the back seat area behind the trunk liner that look like the bigger type of black and clear fuses? My car is at the dealership right now because I couldn't figure it out how to check the trunk "B" fuse block
Ok gents, i know it's been almost 6 yrs since you posted this issue. Imagine my dismay when i went to change the trunk bulb for an led and have same issue you describe, 🙄🙄. Thanks for posting, big walt and cjitty. Please if you can clarify, big walt, did you indeed need that $500 part? Or was it fuses in the trunk that when changed all issues with this, rear door lock and light and trunk light, fixed? Guys, what I'm getting from the thread is, don't panic figure out what fuse it is and change it and all will be well. Please and thanks for your memory.
UPDATE, i figured out which fuse it was. No.2 5amp in trunk. All working just fine now. With out the LED. Haven't tried to install again, yet.

Last edited by amk3rd; 05-31-20 at 05:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (05-31-20)
Old 05-31-20, 09:41 PM
NotFasty
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by amk3rd
Ok gents, i know it's been almost 6 yrs since you posted this issue. Imagine my dismay when i went to change the trunk bulb for an led and have same issue you describe, 🙄🙄. Thanks for posting, big walt and cjitty. Please if you can clarify, big walt, did you indeed need that $500 part? Or was it fuses in the trunk that when changed all issues with this, rear door lock and light and trunk light, fixed? Guys, what I'm getting from the thread is, don't panic figure out what fuse it is and change it and all will be well. Please and thanks for your memory.
UPDATE, i figured out which fuse it was. No.2 5amp in trunk. All working just fine now. With out the LED. Haven't tried to install again, yet.
Thank you! I had this same issue and posted here about it but never saw this thread.
The following users liked this post:
amk3rd (06-01-20)
Old 09-06-21, 02:59 PM
BlazeViper
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 76 Posts

Installed my passenger door led, when I popped the light back into the door it turned off.

I went like "huh?" couldn't figure it out, and went to the driver door to test it there, it lit up briefly and then died there as well.

Went to pop the halogens back in, dead. Readout is 9v and stuck on. I am a bit pissed that I have to take apart the doors again to get to the stupid computer and crack it open.

Great design Toyota.
Old 09-06-21, 09:21 PM
NotFasty
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazeViper
Installed my passenger door led, when I popped the light back into the door it turned off.

I went like "huh?" couldn't figure it out, and went to the driver door to test it there, it lit up briefly and then died there as well.

Went to pop the halogens back in, dead. Readout is 9v and stuck on. I am a bit pissed that I have to take apart the doors again to get to the stupid computer and crack it open.

Great design Toyota.
I think I'm having the same issue with ONE of my doors. I've monkeyed around with it, checked all the fuses and it only produces a very dim light and I gave up.