CAN-Toronto LS400 Beat-Sonic SLA-22 with climate control & vent / BNIB smoked clear coner lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 07:10 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Climate control sold...still got the Beat Sonics SLA22 kit!

I am open to all reasonable offers....
Old 05-21-15, 05:15 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

***ATTN: To the buyer of climate control***

Please clear your PM Inbox as it is full!

I need to get your contact tel# for customs form...I cannot send you the package until I complete the form so please get back to me ASAP.

I tried your paypal email address but received no response...
Old 06-17-15, 11:44 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
I guess I should have expected this but I have been approached by some of you to split up the SLA-22 harness/mounting hardware from the rest....

Although my preference is still to sell as a package if you are interested in the SLA-22 harness/mounting hardware portion only please PM me your offer as well.

Thank you
Ken
Hello,

I also have a 98 LS400 with factory NAV which I am thinking of ditching for a modern system so I was wondering about a few things:

1) are the conversion parts to do this not available outside of Japan?

2) I understand the purpose of the climate control unit but what is the harness for?

Cheers. Hiroshi
Old 06-17-15, 04:40 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Hello,

I also have a 98 LS400 with factory NAV which I am thinking of ditching for a modern system so I was wondering about a few things:

1) are the conversion parts to do this not available outside of Japan?

2) I understand the purpose of the climate control unit but what is the harness for?

Cheers. Hiroshi

I welcome all members to jump in and correct me if my responses are incorrect....

1) Everything is available here I am sure...but since mine is a Celsior I played it safe and sourced the parts from Japan.

2) Harness allows you to retain the factory amp / sub and make the install full plug & play basically.

I am pretty set on leaving my NAV set up as is as I don't drive my car enough so if you are interested in the SLA-22 feel free to make me an offer via PM.

Thanks
Old 06-19-15, 10:24 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tsxnbp
I welcome all members to jump in and correct me if my responses are incorrect....

1) Everything is available here I am sure...but since mine is a Celsior I played it safe and sourced the parts from Japan.

2) Harness allows you to retain the factory amp / sub and make the install full plug & play basically.

I am pretty set on leaving my NAV set up as is as I don't drive my car enough so if you are interested in the SLA-22 feel free to make me an offer via PM.

Thanks
Thank you for the clarification. So, if I had the SLA-22 harness and a climate control sensor like the one pictured...I could remove the factory GPS/climate/audio system and replace with a double-din stereo of my choice? What about the trim pieces? Where did you find those?

One more: if my replacement system had it's own built-in amp/sub amp...would I really need the harness at all? Most high-end system replacements already come with a harness but using it means bypassing the factory amps. Is that the only advantage to the beatsonic set-up? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS400-CLIMATE-CONTROL-A-C-DISPLAY-HEATER-1998-1999-2000-TESTED-OEM-/181777451640?hash=item2a52c7ca78&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Hiroshi12; 06-19-15 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-19-15, 04:56 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Thank you for the clarification. So, if I had the SLA-22 harness and a climate control sensor like the one pictured...I could remove the factory GPS/climate/audio system and replace with a double-din stereo of my choice? What about the trim pieces? Where did you find those?

One more: if my replacement system had it's own built-in amp/sub amp...would I really need the harness at all? Most high-end system replacements already come with a harness but using it means bypassing the factory amps. Is that the only advantage to the beatsonic set-up? Thanks.

Lexus LS400 Climate Control A C Display Heater 1998 1999 2000 Tested | eBay

If you use the nav centre vent you will have a big gap...I posted a pic for you showing the wood strip size difference in the thread you started in the main section. If you need one and also considering the SLA22 my price INCLUDES the center vent!

I can't answer the question concerning the amp bypass etc...sorry I am not a big stereo guy and all I can say is I bought the SLA22 to make the install easy as possible.

Last edited by tsxnbp; 06-20-15 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-23-15, 03:56 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Sale pending on rest of the goodies...
Old 06-23-15, 05:54 PM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Payment received / items shipped / this thread is done!

Please lock her up.