LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

When it Rain it Pours

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 06:02 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Default When it Rain it Pours

Today was going to be a good day b/c I on my lunch hr I was going to drop my wheel off that I cracked last week to be fixed over at Wheel Wizard, and was looking forward to putting my factory 18’ wheels back in storage. Riding stock is ok but it is nothing like adding your personal touch to be different from everyone else, well some guy in a BIG azz U-Haul ruin that this morning! I’m sitting in the slow lane on I-285 around 6:4ish waiting make my way to the Peachtree Dunwoody exit and WHAAAAAAM!!!!!!

A guy in a U-Haul hauling azz (no pun intended) rear ends a Saturn, then he hits me, I hit a Chevy P/U, he hits a Aviator. Once all of the smashing glass, crushing, and crumpling metal stop left me in a stunned state. I sat there getting my thoughts together, turn off the wipers that came from the jolt, turned the park sensor alarms off and watched NAV die. I then picked my cell off the floor & exited the passenger side b/c I did not want to get creamed from moving traffic; I went to see just how bad the damage was. Dayum it was not good, I was sad seeing my baby smashed all up like that but I’m glad to be ok b/c it could have been a lot worse. State Farm is going to pick her up this week from the tow company to do an estimate so I have no idea what they are going to do, fix or total her out. I took some pics when the sun came up and when I went to wrecker company to get my personal stuff out of the car.
Attached Thumbnails When it Rain it Pours-4-6-2010-8-53-07-pm.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-4-6-2010-8-55-34-pm.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-2.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo.jpg  
Old 04-06-10, 06:05 PM
Tee

More Pics......
Attached Thumbnails When it Rain it Pours-photo-5.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-2.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-3.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo.jpg  
Old 04-06-10, 06:07 PM
Tee

Pics of the Saturn....
Attached Thumbnails When it Rain it Pours-photo-5.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-4.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-2.jpg   When it Rain it Pours-photo-3.jpg  

Old 04-06-10, 06:32 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh crub.... sorry for you. That's some big time rear damage from the Saturn. That Uhaul had to have smashed right into the Saturn without even stopping. Atleast your hood looks to be okay.

Were you getting ready to move, or did you have your foot on the brake?

Stinks...
Old 04-06-10, 06:41 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that buddy. Im sure things will get better after this bad situation. Glad your fine and not hurt. L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 04-06-10 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 06:46 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tee...foremost glad you are okay! I am so sorry to hear about this you had a beautiful car. I hope for your sake they total the car and give you decent money. The good thing is as amazing as your car was it is replaceable and you're not...perhaps it will allow you for an upgrade? My IS300 was totaled not by my fault earlier this year and because of insurance and a little help I was able to upgrade to my SC430...hope it works out well for you bro and be safe!
Old 04-06-10, 06:47 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Oh crub.... sorry for you. That's some big time rear damage from the Saturn. That Uhaul had to have smashed right into the Saturn without even stopping. Atleast your hood looks to be okay.

Were you getting ready to move, or did you have your foot on the brake?

Stinks...
Yeah he was moving, he said it was too late to hit the brakes and my foot was on the brake.
Old 04-06-10, 07:00 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by usermel
Sorry to hear that buddy. Im sure things will get better after this bas situation. Glad your fine and not hurt. L.G.N.M
Originally Posted by IStoSC
Tee...foremost glad you are okay! I am so sorry to hear about this you had a beautiful car. I hope for your sake they total the car and give you decent money. The good thing is as amazing as your car was it is replaceable and you're not...perhaps it will allow you for an upgrade? My IS300 was totaled not by my fault earlier this year and because of insurance and a little help I was able to upgrade to my SC430...hope it works out well for you bro and be safe!
Thx guys, I hoping things will. I know accidents happen & that is why we pay insurance but what I hate is the whole process is such a pain.
Old 04-06-10, 07:06 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the process is the downside. I learned each day also don't take it for granted.Glad your not hurt most importantly!! The process will be slow and like taking a test but, I hope you get a new car. My mom owns 2007 Camry after previous to her accident in her 2000 Camry I purchased for her.

She loved the 2000 she had. It was her 1st new car ever! She loves the new ride and her process was also slow. Be patient fellow member sometimes we go through things that are tough for blessings we aren't aware exist! Glad your not hurt. L.G.N.M
Old 04-06-10, 07:14 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, glad you're OK. But, seeing your smashed flint mica is sickening.
Old 04-06-10, 07:20 PM
amcdonal86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're okay. It's just a car!

Remember, when one door closes, another opens! Use this as an opportunity for something good!

(By the way, in your case, I would hope that they would total the car out. I would NOT want to drive a car that had that much frame damage previously. The car is designed to protect in the event of one collision, not two!)
Old 04-06-10, 07:55 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Very sorry to see your baby getting in a crash but glad to see that you are OK!

I was hoping to see you with her in during one of the meets but maybe I will see you in a LS460
Old 04-06-10, 08:29 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by usermel
Yeah, the process is the downside. I learned each day also don't take it for granted.Glad your not hurt most importantly!! The process will be slow and like taking a test but, I hope you get a new car. My mom owns 2007 Camry after previous to her accident in her 2000 Camry I purchased for her.

She loved the 2000 she had. It was her 1st new car ever! She loves the new ride and her process was also slow. Be patient fellow member sometimes we go through things that are tough for blessings we aren't aware exist! Glad your not hurt. L.G.N.M
Thx for the encouraging words buddy!

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Wow, glad you're OK. But, seeing your smashed flint mica is sickening.
Thx Caddy!

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Glad you're okay. It's just a car!

Remember, when one door closes, another opens! Use this as an opportunity for something good!

(By the way, in your case, I would hope that they would total the car out. I would NOT want to drive a car that had that much frame damage previously. The car is designed to protect in the event of one collision, not two!)
Thx and yes it is just a car, far as what will happen it is a wait and see. I should know something by Friday on what the next move will be.

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
Very sorry to see your baby getting in a crash but glad to see that you are OK!

I was hoping to see you with her in during one of the meets but maybe I will see you in a LS460
Thx my friend! LS460's have not hit the sweet spot yet far as price go but they are getting there. Funny thing when I took my wifes RX350 in to the dealer for service last weekend, I was able to test drive a new refresh 2010 LS460 L. The new Gen 6 system is really sweet and so was the ride.
Old 04-06-10, 08:47 PM
TrillLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad your ok. If it is totalled any chance you will sell the 18's?
Old 04-06-10, 09:16 PM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Damn bro sorry to here about ur accident man, i know what ur going thruu right now, happen to me a month ago, state farm move pretty fast so u'll hear something in 2-3 days, atleast ur ok man thank god...

Quick Reply: When it Rain it Pours