LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Never park next to others...😂

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-19, 08:32 AM
500fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Never park next to others...😂

Who else park their LS far away from other cars?
The following 3 users liked this post by 500fsport:
crf69 (06-13-19), OG Member (10-11-19), signdetres (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 10:41 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Whenever I'm forced to park next to others, I feel relieved when the same cars are next to me cuz I know no one dinged my door.
The following users liked this post:
500fsport (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 10:42 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

And beautiful pic
The following 2 users liked this post by LexRuger:
500fsport (06-13-19), johnc22 (06-14-19)
Old 06-13-19, 02:15 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I do park away from others and I seldom valet park as well as you never know what they do with the car. My wife thinks I'm OCD.
500fsport (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 03:29 PM
Tom500
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

True story: took the LS to the store for it’s 3rd trip. Parked it first time in the parking lot. Went into the store, 15 minutes into grocery shopping, told the wife I would go get the car and meet her at door. Walking to the car, I could see a commotion going on. Someone tried to park on the other side, clipped a parked car, backed up and clipped the car next to mine. Both cars got the corners crunched pretty good,
Old 06-13-19, 07:21 PM
500fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom500
True story: took the LS to the store for it’s 3rd trip. Parked it first time in the parking lot. Went into the store, 15 minutes into grocery shopping, told the wife I would go get the car and meet her at door. Walking to the car, I could see a commotion going on. Someone tried to park on the other side, clipped a parked car, backed up and clipped the car next to mine. Both cars got the corners crunched pretty good,
That's terrible. I can't stand anyone who have no respect for other people's things. Especially when it comes to things like a car. We worked hard for nice things to enjoy...smh
Old 06-14-19, 05:53 AM
BJOSE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh My! I thought I was the only one like that . Good to know that there are others who feel the same way!
My family thinks I am nuts, for finding the farthest away loneliest parking spots whenever we go some place!
500fsport (06-17-19)
Old 06-14-19, 06:25 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yep I'll park as far as needed, and 75% of the time someone decides to park next to me when I have parked far away leaving tons of spots open. I swear they do it on purpose.
The following 3 users liked this post by bigblack06:
500fsport (06-14-19), ABT8 (06-15-19), johnc22 (06-14-19)
Old 06-15-19, 10:41 AM
TigetJacks
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've learned over the years and seeing how many people raise their kids these days, I never park next to a vehicle. You will find me in the north 40 and if there is not a vacant, wide open area where no one wants to park, I find another parking structure or go to another similar store or place. I've seen kids get out of the car and totally "dent" not ding cars with mothers/fathers not caring at all because they are on the phone. Also, dumb drivers who think they are on the raceway or those that think they are driving big rigs and always backing in. You would not believe how many times I've come out to get in a car over the years and have someone scrape or dent the car. I also park like this with rentals. Every once in a while, someone will park right next to me in the north 40 almost saying "your car is not special so I'll just park next to you" hahahahahaha. Just last week I was at Lowes, I actually parked so far away that I knew "NO ONE" would even attempt to park that far out. Low and behold, a lady around my age, pulled right up next to me and her entire neighborhood block started opening their doors to get out and I drove off and parked in another isolated part of another parking lot. We got to the Lowes door about the same time and she growled at me.

People don't and won't care about your stuff and I've found many people to be careless. Even at work, I try to find a parking spot next to a stairwell so that I have one side of the car completely shielded and I exit the opposite side since I usually park as close as possible to the upright barriers in front of the stairs to allow plenty of room for any door to open on the opposite side. Yes OCD!!! but my car has not dents or dings.
500fsport (06-17-19)
Old 06-15-19, 11:42 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TigetJacks
I've learned over the years and seeing how many people raise their kids these days, I never park next to a vehicle. You will find me in the north 40 and if there is not a vacant, wide open area where no one wants to park, I find another parking structure or go to another similar store or place. I've seen kids get out of the car and totally "dent" not ding cars with mothers/fathers not caring at all because they are on the phone. Also, dumb drivers who think they are on the raceway or those that think they are driving big rigs and always backing in. You would not believe how many times I've come out to get in a car over the years and have someone scrape or dent the car. I also park like this with rentals. Every once in a while, someone will park right next to me in the north 40 almost saying "your car is not special so I'll just park next to you" hahahahahaha. Just last week I was at Lowes, I actually parked so far away that I knew "NO ONE" would even attempt to park that far out. Low and behold, a lady around my age, pulled right up next to me and her entire neighborhood block started opening their doors to get out and I drove off and parked in another isolated part of another parking lot. We got to the Lowes door about the same time and she growled at me.

People don't and won't care about your stuff and I've found many people to be careless. Even at work, I try to find a parking spot next to a stairwell so that I have one side of the car completely shielded and I exit the opposite side since I usually park as close as possible to the upright barriers in front of the stairs to allow plenty of room for any door to open on the opposite side. Yes OCD!!! but my car has not dents or dings.
I've had people hit my door while I was sitting in it waiting on someone.

I've heard people say drivers are more generous when you're in a nice car. I don't notice this. Doesn't matter if you're in a Batmobile, people are just rude.
Old 06-15-19, 05:09 PM
ABT8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happened to me. Someone’s child slam the door into my driver side mirror and cracked the housing. And what did their parents do? They just walked away like nothing happened .
Old 06-15-19, 06:10 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by TigetJacks
I've mostly avoided damage/dings by doing this for over 50 years. It's a science. Parking far away from a destination is of no value if others can park on both sides of you. If I'm doing "head-in" parking, I park in a spot where there is a curb on my right and I hug the right side of the parking space since a high percentage of vehicles are occupied only by a driver. I try to not park in a head-in space that is on a downhill incline towards my vehicle to reduce the likelihood that gravity will cause the passenger door of the vehicle to the left of me to inadvertently hit my vehicle. I even notice when there are high winds that can catch the door of an adjacent vehicle and push the door into my vehicle and look for a space that is "into the wind". If given the choice between a head-in parking space and parallel parking I'll take parallel parking every time since bumper covers are cheaper to repair than steel bodywork. It's easier to avoid dings these days since I park in a handicap reserved space when my wife is with me.

As obsessive as I am, I've still get an occasional ding but a nearby paintless dent repair business has so far been able to remove them with no visible damage remaining.
Old 06-16-19, 06:46 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts
Default Never

Seems to amaze so true

love when u park a quarter mile away from everyone at costco
and someone will put the used cart close the front of car

Last edited by mikesrx350; 06-17-19 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-16-19, 10:12 AM
TigetJacks
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I wrote that post and sure enough, my wife wants to go refrigerator shopping at, of all places, sears!!! They are only located in one mall near us, 1 hour away. The anxiety that hit me when I drove into this parking lot was damn near overwhelming. When you enter the lot, the entire parking lot around the entire mall is on a steep downhill slope. I'm like, WTF do I do now. Luckily, I found a spot so freaking far away, my wife exclaimed she would be a size 2 by the time we got to the door of the store. LOL!!! and I said to her, what else will change. Y'all know how that went. I got socks for fathers day with the toes cut out. hahahahahahahaha - I deserved that.
Old 06-18-19, 02:05 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yep I'll park as far as needed, and 75% of the time someone decides to park next to me when I have parked far away leaving tons of spots open. I swear they do it on purpose.
Well what I find when people do that, they also have a nice car. So they figure if they park next to me I won't hit their car and they are not going to hit my car.

Now if a Yugo parks next to you, all bets are off!

Oh,and btw, great pic 500fsport!

Quick Reply: Never park next to others...😂