ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present-289/)
-   -   "Rear camera detect" malfunction (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present/911820-rear-camera-detect-malfunction.html)

Damage 02-16-19 10:06 PM

"Rear camera detect" malfunction

Uh oh. First problem for the new car. Suddenly got this error after picking up some groceries. The rear camera seems to work fine so I assume this has to do with proximity sensor? Looks like I'll be headed to the stealership soon.

Salil022 02-17-19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Damage (Post 10442296)
Uh oh. First problem for the new car. Suddenly got this error after picking up some groceries. The rear camera seems to work fine so I assume this has to do with proximity sensor? Looks like I'll be headed to the stealership soon.

I get the same Malfunction error time to time...Let us know the outcome!

JAM 02-17-19 12:52 PM

Rear Camera Issue

I had my 2018 LS recalled twice for transmission software a few months ago, but another recall a few weeks ago on the other issues with the sensors and the proximity issue. Check your dealership for the Recall Notice. You get a free tank of gas-premium. Takes about two hours.

LexRuger 02-17-19 12:57 PM

I got the same error a few times

Damage 02-17-19 10:04 PM

My error stays on permanently. It definitely affects the display you see when you back the car up. The lines that curve when you turn the wheel while in reverse don't show up anymore. I'll have to wait until Tuesday to drop the car off.

john341 02-17-19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Damage (Post 10442296)

Its probably because the camera lens is not clean. Those backup cameras are tied to the safety systems, and if they are not clean it will throw messages like these. Just clean them and see if it goes away.

allwheels 02-18-19 08:51 AM

Could be battery related, get it tested. Also, turn the steering wheel lock to lock a few times and see if it goes away.

LexRuger 02-18-19 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by john341 (Post 10443197)
Its probably because the camera lens is not clean. Those backup cameras are tied to the safety systems, and if they are not clean it will throw messages like these. Just clean them and see if it goes away.

That might be my problem. It's been raining a lot lately. Hard to keep the car clean

ABT8 02-18-19 11:15 AM

I have had that same issue 3 times so far. The error went away after I cleaned the camera.

Damage 02-18-19 09:24 PM

Yeah I thought it might be related to the rain too. Was raining heavy the past few days. Also could be battery as I recently tinted the windows and the battery died at the tint shop while they were tinting. I cleaned the lens and still have the error.

ABT8 02-19-19 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Damage (Post 10444270)
Yeah I thought it might be related to the rain too. Was raining heavy the past few days. Also could be battery as I recently tinted the windows and the battery died at the tint shop while they were tinting. I cleaned the lens and still have the error.

My 16 Rx450h does the samething. ICS error after a dead battery, a trip to the dealer fixed it.

Damage 02-21-19 10:52 PM

Update: Dealer fixed it. All they could say was the mechanic recalibrated the camera. They think it might be tied to the dead battery I had while it was in the tint shop recently. Which brings up another problem. The battery dies FAST if you leave the car on w/o engine on for even 30 minutes. I had them check the batteries and they said it's fine.

vantage78 02-22-19 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Damage (Post 10447639)
Update: Dealer fixed it. All they could say was the mechanic recalibrated the camera. They think it might be tied to the dead battery I had while it was in the tint shop recently. Which brings up another problem. The battery dies FAST if you leave the car on w/o engine on for even 30 minutes. I had them check the batteries and they said it's fine.

the car doesn’t save the battery usage? Thought cars nowadays have a feature where if the engine isn’t running, it will shut itself off after a certain time.

qpman 03-07-20 09:43 AM

No curve lines

When I back up the camera view no longer shows the yellow curve line where the care is going. How do I turn it back on?

LexRuger 03-07-20 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by qpman (Post 10753402)
When I back up the camera view no longer shows the yellow curve line where the care is going. How do I turn it back on?

The option is on the screen when you put the car in reverse