ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present-289/)
-   -   ALL 5LS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 5 Gen LS forum (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present/896114-all-5ls-members-please-read-establishing-a-sense-of-community-in-the-5-gen-ls-forum.html)

DaveGS4 08-06-18 10:23 AM

ALL 5LS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 5 Gen LS forum

A Request and Message to ALL 5LS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 5LS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 5th Gen LS model forum. Members who don't own a 5LS and have no interest in buying one have become repetitive with negative commentary.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 5LS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 5LS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 5LS forum and help members
3) As member ownership grows, creation of a 5LS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:
  • Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post
  • If you don't like the 5LS, it's absolutely fine to say so and explain why maturely and politely, but no need to keep posting it over-and-over again - that's trolling and you'll be ejected from this sub-forum
  • Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...ons/report.gif button to notify moderators of an issue
  • Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the information they're looking for
  • Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.

dsc07 08-06-18 11:36 AM

I agree with just about everything here, Dave. I just hope we don't take things to extremes and turn this into an LS 500 cheerleaders thread. Personally, I want to hear both the perceived good and bad points from the other forum members. A little discourse can be quite useful, provided it's done in a respectful manner with intent of enlightenment vs. just bashing something you don't like. As an LS 500 owner, I find myself frequently at odds with certain non-owners & bashers, but I try to enlighten them with my experiences and opinions. I hope that can still continue...

DaveGS4 08-06-18 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dsc07 (Post 10271509)
I agree with just about everything here, Dave. I just hope we don't take things to extremes and turn this into an LS 500 cheerleaders thread. Personally, I want to hear both the perceived good and bad points from the other forum members. A little discourse can be quite useful, provided it's done in a respectful manner with intent of enlightenment vs. just bashing something you don't like. As an LS 500 owner, I find myself frequently at odds with certain non-owners & bashers, but I try to enlighten them with my experiences and opinions. I hope that can still continue...

Absolutely! We don't at all expect things to be all roses and sunshine... there are going to be common issues to work through, design decisions owners don't like, differences of opinion in taste, etc. all good when done in a constructive manner. It's only an issue when it degrades to rude comments and/or is delivered in a repetitive trolling manner.

LexRuger 01-19-19 10:21 AM

Can we get a "Tips and Tricks" sticky for the LS?