LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Price Paid for a LS 500/ F-Sport/ H (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-19, 11:47 AM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Similar situation with me. I inquired about a LS at one dealer. They were firm on their offer. Went to another dealer and they were willing to give a good deal. A couple weeks after I bought from the second dealer, the first dealer is asking if I'm still interested and the same car I inquired about is still sitting.
By chance would you mind sharing the details of your deal. I’m shopping around and hoping to grab something by this evening or tomorrow morning before the fiscal year is over. Im getting only 77k offers for 91 vehicles.
Old 03-29-19, 12:10 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Droz15
By chance would you mind sharing the details of your deal. I’m shopping around and hoping to grab something by this evening or tomorrow morning before the fiscal year is over. Im getting only 77k offers for 91 vehicles.
I got about 21% off a 101k car. I had a trade with negative equity rolled on. Not sure if that makes a difference but I don't think so.

This was in January 19 and they had about 5 18s and mine was built in March of 2018 so they were probably eager to get it off the lot.
Old 03-30-19, 03:36 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Similar situation with me. I inquired about a LS at one dealer. They were firm on their offer. Went to another dealer and they were willing to give a good deal. A couple weeks after I bought from the second dealer, the first dealer is asking if I'm still interested and the same car I inquired about is still sitting.
Really makes you scratch your head and say if I waited I could have gotten a smoking deal, but oh well I'm happy with the deal anyways just feeling greedy and want more now.
Old 03-30-19, 08:43 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

The previous dealerships made a gamble and figured that the lowballers were just that, and a waste of time. The thing with leftover models historically speaking from experience, are not a burden till they are. This "are" is end of Q1 March. Most of the time if they are not sold by then, they get a lot of motivation to do so. Right now, I have no clue how many 18s are left, but anyone whose got any will want to hear numbers to move em. Only the dealerships who have more pride then sense, and trust me these do exist, will turn you away.
Old 03-30-19, 03:45 PM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

I got about 21% off a 101k car. I had a trade with negative equity rolled on. Not sure if that makes a difference but I don't think so.

This was in January 19 and they had about 5 18s and mine was built in March of 2018 so they were probably eager to get it off the lot.
thanks appreciate it. Unfortunately all the ones near me are affected by the stop sale. Kinda bummed. We had in Texas 10k lease cash and 3500 loyalty and tax credit (only pay 1% of selling price). It would have been a great deal but looks like I’ll have to wait and the stars to align when they get cleared to move out again.
Old 03-30-19, 08:19 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been messaging back and forth with lexus corp, they said they will extended the deals until the recall is resolved. Which im hearing is april 8th. But if deals is better in april we can take advantage of it
Old 03-30-19, 09:41 PM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silvaIS
I have been messaging back and forth with lexus corp, they said they will extended the deals until the recall is resolved. Which im hearing is april 8th. But if deals is better in april we can take advantage of it
thats great news. Thanks for the update.
Old 04-05-19, 08:29 AM
stevemcb
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know how many 18’s are left sitting on the lots? They should be increasing the rebates as the 20’s will be coming out in a few more months. I am looking for a fairly loaded LS with a dealer discount of 15-20% and a rebate of $15K for a total of about $30K+ off. I know some of you may say that is impossible but it is very possible . You just need Lexus to step up and that certain dealer who wants these 18’s off his lot. To have 18’s still on the lot is self explanatory.
Old 04-05-19, 08:33 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Cars.com says 333 2018 LS for sale in the country
The following users liked this post:
stevemcb (04-05-19)
Old 04-05-19, 09:28 AM
stevemcb
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the numbers. That is about $33 million retail unsold vehicles if that figure is accurate. Have sales still stopped until the recall is fixed on the tire issue?
Old 04-05-19, 09:36 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by stevemcb
Does anyone know how many 18’s are left sitting on the lots? They should be increasing the rebates as the 20’s will be coming out in a few more months. I am looking for a fairly loaded LS with a dealer discount of 15-20% and a rebate of $15K for a total of about $30K+ off. I know some of you may say that is impossible but it is very possible . You just need Lexus to step up and that certain dealer who wants these 18’s off his lot. To have 18’s still on the lot is self explanatory.
The odds are in your favor for sure. As the minutes progress the dealer will become increasingly open to offers. Just be sure to know how many each dealer has, as more per lot more odds to move it.
Old 04-05-19, 09:37 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stevemcb
Thanks for the numbers. That is about $33 million retail unsold vehicles if that figure is accurate. Have sales still stopped until the recall is fixed on the tire issue?
Yea I believe the recall is only for 2018 models but I'm not completely sure. If that's true, it makes sense as to why there are soo many 18s unsold. Lexus may have botched their own sales numbers.
Old 04-05-19, 11:47 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

I mentioned in a different post that starting april they can begin ordering replacement tires and those vehicles with the stop can finally be sold once the tires are replaced.
Old 04-05-19, 12:15 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Oh , another thing, i was asking other dealers while im waiting for my car, and they mentioned the programs have gotten worse than the March deals, so not sure how this affect dealers, if they will give more discounts or not.
Old 04-05-19, 12:48 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silvaIS
Oh , another thing, i was asking other dealers while im waiting for my car, and they mentioned the programs have gotten worse than the March deals, so not sure how this affect dealers, if they will give more discounts or not.
Not surprised. Tax season is here so more people have cash and are willing to spend money. Also the weather is getting better. I think the end of the year and January are the best times to buy.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a LS 500/ F-Sport/ H (Lease or Purchase)