LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-19, 06:13 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the purchase.
Thank you
Old 01-17-19, 10:27 AM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I got my 19 LS 500 before Christmas. It is the Executive Package White Ext Black Int. I am still setting up the car. There is so much to do in it. Traded in 2014 LS 460. I am having an issue with my i-pod. When I turn on the car it says Audio Off even though I was listening to my i-pod when I shut the car off. This is driving me nuts. The dealer is trying to find an answer as well but so far nothing. My cousin has a 18 LC and I don't have any issues with my i-pod in that car. Dealer suggested I try since it is the same Nav system. I didn't have this problem in my 14 LS until I got this same new i-pod. I don't have this issue in my 12 LFA or my 17 LX. Same i-pod. Any help would be much appreciated. I have made my i-pod the first choice of audio player. Kept my phone disconnected. I-pod plugged into port via USB. I don't have my phone connected so it doesn't interfere with music player.

Thanks
Old 01-17-19, 10:54 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

iPods have always gave me problems in various cars so I switched to a USB stick and it works much better.
Old 01-17-19, 06:28 PM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRuger
iPods have always gave me problems in various cars so I switched to a USB stick and it works much better.
Thanks! I may have to try that. It is crazy that it should be so hard. Maybe if I just disconnect my phone altogether it will work. It is just easy to take my iPod from car to car depending on which one I am driving. Especially if I am listing to a book. I get to start in the same spot in a different car. It should be easy.
Old 01-18-19, 03:30 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LovJedi
Hi,

I got my 19 LS 500 before Christmas. It is the Executive Package White Ext Black Int. I am still setting up the car. There is so much to do in it. Traded in 2014 LS 460. I am having an issue with my i-pod. When I turn on the car it says Audio Off even though I was listening to my i-pod when I shut the car off. This is driving me nuts. The dealer is trying to find an answer as well but so far nothing. My cousin has a 18 LC and I don't have any issues with my i-pod in that car. Dealer suggested I try since it is the same Nav system. I didn't have this problem in my 14 LS until I got this same new i-pod. I don't have this issue in my 12 LFA or my 17 LX. Same i-pod. Any help would be much appreciated. I have made my i-pod the first choice of audio player. Kept my phone disconnected. I-pod plugged into port via USB. I don't have my phone connected so it doesn't interfere with music player.

Thanks
I'm currently using an ipod in my car. Maybe try first hard-resetting the ipod. Mine will have this issue or it freezes because I always leave it plugged in. Then try to put it in and see if it stays on.
Old 01-18-19, 05:37 PM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I'm currently using an ipod in my car. Maybe try first hard-resetting the ipod. Mine will have this issue or it freezes because I always leave it plugged in. Then try to put it in and see if it stays on.
How do you hard reset the iPod? I have it working Via Bluetooth. Still plugged in so it can charge but I can’t have my phone connected at the same time.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-19, 04:15 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Hi,

Thanks
if you plug the phone in via USB and have it set to that, when you come back to the car plug in ur phone again before you start the car and it goes right back to USB rather than having to reset it everytime, it works fine in my IS
Old 01-21-19, 06:53 PM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

I will try that. So far I have my iPod plugged in so it charges, but I have it connected Via Bluetooth. I just can’t have my phone connected at the same time as my iPod. The sound quality isn’t as good for music via Bluetooth either.
Old 01-21-19, 07:07 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Wheel shop taking measurements. Mine will be a different style.
Old 01-22-19, 08:32 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Wheel shop taking measurements. Mine will be a different style.
If only I lived in a warm climate I could test mine, to cold so car in garage. Maybe it gets warmer I'll be able to test fit my wheels.
Old 01-23-19, 04:46 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I will try that. So far I have my iPod plugged in so it charges, but I have it connected Via Bluetooth. I just can’t have my phone connected at the same time as my iPod. The sound quality isn’t as good for music via Bluetooth either.
You can have two devices connected via bluetooth at the same time. In the bluetooth menu you can specify which device is used for the phone and which one for music.
Old 01-24-19, 08:00 PM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

I have done that and the music is still off when I start the car. Right now my iPod is working via Bluetooth but it won’t be the first choice even if I make it the first choice and try to connect my phone.
Old 01-26-19, 08:22 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
You can have two devices connected via bluetooth at the same time. In the bluetooth menu you can specify which device is used for the phone and which one for music.

thank you for this tip! I was wondering how I can listen to lossless and still have the phone hooked up. ��
Old 01-27-19, 12:24 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Lovjedi: I have two devices connected via bluetooth - an iPhone 8 and an Android LG V30. The iPhone is the only one that is connected as a phone. For audio I have designated it as the secondary device, with the LG V30 being the primary bluetooth audio device. If I get into the car with both phones then the music system (assuming it was on when I shut the car down) will automatically pick up from where it left off on the device that played last -- generally the Android LG V30. If I did not take the LG V30 with me then bluetooth starts playing from the iPhone.

Take a look at the menus under bluetooth audio and you will see the options.
Old 01-28-19, 09:42 AM
LovJedi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
Lovjedi: I have two devices connected via bluetooth - an iPhone 8 and an Android LG V30. The iPhone is the only one that is connected as a phone. For audio I have designated it as the secondary device, with the LG V30 being the primary bluetooth audio device. If I get into the car with both phones then the music system (assuming it was on when I shut the car down) will automatically pick up from where it left off on the device that played last -- generally the Android LG V30. If I did not take the LG V30 with me then bluetooth starts playing from the iPhone.

Take a look at the menus under bluetooth audio and you will see the options.
Hi,
I have done all of that. The problem is the music sounds better connected via USB. Hopefully Lexus can have an answer for me soon. I connected my old i-pod today the one that worked with my 2014 LS460 and it still isn't working correctly in the 19 LS500. Every time connected by USB when I turn the car back on I get the audio off message. Everything in the LS is up to date with the software and same with my i-pods and i-phone.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!