LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

I got my new LS500

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-18, 03:01 PM
franklexus
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iamddo

Yes, but they are not anything too different than other newer cars. Here's a photo, as you requested. I'm planning to get some new lights to replace the door entry lights. They will shine a Lexus logo on the ground where you step out. The lights are a snap-in replacement for the factory ones, so installation will be easy. I had similar lights installed in the bottom of the doors on my Jaguar XK, and the effect is pretty cool.
That's interesting! My door sills are not illuminated! Did you pay extra for these?
Old 05-02-18, 09:18 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Yes, but they are not anything too different than other newer cars. Here's a photo, as you requested. I'm planning to get some new lights to replace the door entry lights. They will shine a Lexus logo on the ground where you step out. The lights are a snap-in replacement for the factory ones, so installation will be easy. I had similar lights installed in the bottom of the doors on my Jaguar XK, and the effect is pretty cool.
The illuminated door sill looks nice. I still find it hard to understand why Lexus would not go all in with many options for interior ambient lighting. The mood-lighting systems in the S550 and G90 are awesome!

I am not sure about the Lexus logo projectors for the doors, though. I have considered them but feel they detract from the elegance of the car. But to each, his/her own! Please post pics after replacing the lights. Thanks!
Old 05-03-18, 09:34 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My nephew says the Lexus logo projectors for the doors are a much too vulgar display of wealth.
Old 05-06-18, 10:25 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Beautiful color, I hate the grill though. Hopefully it will grow on me. Reminds me of the Predator's mouth...
Old 05-07-18, 08:45 AM
user 720202
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by john341
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the LS. It is a beautiful car in person and on the road.
I saw a Black LS 500 last week on I635 at night and the headlight sure is bright. It is a elegant looking car at night. You know its an LS from afar, from design the taillights.
How did the HUD do? Did it provide relevant info towards your trip?
Thanks. I agree that the headlights are bright, but they refocus to keep the light from shining directly at an oncoming car or one that I am overtaking. I have only had one car flash his high beams at me, however, so it must not be bothering too many people. The only occasional "problem" is when the brights come on and shine on a reflective road sign, they dim instantly. This can happen two or three times in a row if there are multiple signs.
One word response to your question about the HUD: Fantastic.
A funny (or not) story about the nav system. We initially got directed through heavy rush-hour traffic in Dallas and later were directed onto a two-lane road that took us off of a direct route. I finally decided to check the route-preferences menu and found that it had been set to avoid toll roads. So the system didn't use the freeway to bypass downtown Dallas and kept us off the Oklahoma turnpike. It added nearly two hours to our 14 hour trip.

Last edited by user 720202; 05-07-18 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-07-18, 08:52 AM
user 720202
Rookie

Lightbulb Logo lights

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
My nephew says the Lexus logo projectors for the doors are a much too vulgar display of wealth.
LOL. Well, I think a tiny bit of vulgarity is okay, even at my age. I promise to stay away from lights in the wheel wells or under the chassis.
Old 05-07-18, 09:00 AM
user 720202
Rookie

Default Those Lexus grills

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
Beautiful color, I hate the grill though. Hopefully it will grow on me. Reminds me of the Predator's mouth...
I hated the spindle-grill design when Lexus first released it, and I thought it looked like a vacuum cleaner. The latest models are doing better by filling the shape with nice textures. It grew on me, so hang in there until they make one you like. To be honest, it was the interior that finally made me pull out the checkbook.

Last edited by user 720202; 05-07-18 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-07-18, 09:41 AM
user 720202
Rookie

Originally Posted by comotiger
I am not sure about the Lexus logo projectors for the doors, though. I have considered them but feel they detract from the elegance of the car. But to each, his/her own! Please post pics after replacing the lights. Thanks!
I really like the logo projectors on my '08 Jaguar XK. The lights for the Lexus a simply snap-in replacement for the originals, so it won't be a permanent commitment like this one.
Here's a photo of the logo lights being installed in my XK. It was part of a complete custom interior installation.

I was inspired by Bentley interiors and wanted to add some contrast to the all-beige Jaguar leather. It gets lots of positive comments, except for a couple of purists who think you can't change anything from the original design.

Old 05-10-18, 02:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Okay, here are the real photos of my new LS 500. It is now 6 days old, and I'm lovin' it. It will be my wife's primary driver, and I'll make do with my Jaguar XK.

Great seats with more adjustments than I can imagine. The stickers on the door jamb have to go. Also need to figure out how to cover the seat-belt warnings on the sun visors.

The top-line model has suede door panels. The stock photo I posted earlier was mid-level interior.

Fort Worth museum. Just went over 100 miles.

nice... Lexus Of Rockville center is blowing up my phone trying to get me to come in... I no longer reside in NY, but in GA. looked at a white f sport today (85K) and a red non f (100K). red has the HUD and the white does not... beautiful color inside and out. do not know which direction I am going right now... Congratz, enjoy.
Old 05-11-18, 06:55 PM
JackMac
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
i photos the grill and the car do not look as good as in real life.
in the early years of Audi’s huge grill and also Lexus the change took some getting used to.
Now I am used to them and realize so many luxury sedans look similar from the side that a distinctive grill is an enhancement.

More importantly, my wife commented tonight that she really liked the grill.
Old 05-11-18, 08:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac

i photos the grill and the car do not look as good as in real life.
in the early years of Audi’s huge grill and also Lexus the change took some getting used to.
Now I am used to them and realize so many luxury sedans look similar from the side that a distinctive grill is an enhancement.

More importantly, my wife commented tonight that she really liked the grill.
the grill on the reg LS500 looks better than on the F Sport... IMO
Old 05-12-18, 08:42 PM
ipstat
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice