LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Anyone planning to get a LS500 and trading in a 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-18, 08:52 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Anyone planning to get a LS500 and trading in a 2013?

I'm in the market for a 2013 LS and wondering how many people are eyeing the new LS500 and might be trading in a 2013? Curious how long it will take before more inventory becomes available in the color options I'm looking for on a 2013...
Old 01-29-18, 03:38 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Anybody planning on selling their 2013/14 LS soon? Still waiting for one with just the right color combinations to come available....(I'm looking for Parchment or Black with Matte wood trim interior)
Old 01-30-18, 01:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I would keep an eye our over the next few months as they should be getting traded in or on lease returns for the newer models.
Old 02-01-18, 08:52 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

I'm getting antsy and I don't really want to wait more than another month. I've been looking for months already.
Old 02-02-18, 02:07 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
I'm getting antsy and I don't really want to wait more than another month. I've been looking for months already.
If I recall correctly, you have very specific color and option requirements. Now, adding in your urgency, your best bet is to just scour the car websites for the best car for your needs, and you may have to travel far to get it. I doubt you will find a trade-in within the next month that fits the bill, since deliveries will only start toward the end of this month. You could also try working with a couple of large dealers in your area and enlist their help in your search for a trade-in.
Old 02-02-18, 07:29 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Yes, I have been scouring cars.com and cargurus.com daily - on a nationwide radius, the occasional craigslist search, and have at least 5 Lexus dealerships looking out for me for my specific requests. I know that I have a limited budget (low 30's) and you're right I'm very picky on colors (although not on features - just must have ML). I'm willing to travel to get a car and drive it back (within reason - maybe up to 10 hour drive), and pay for a PPI before I fly out. There just hasn't been much at all that has come available in my criteria and it's getting frustrating.

Your thoughts on this one? Higher mileage than I was hoping to be at and not L-certified... Not serviced regularly with Lexus. Meets my color and must have requirements. IYO, Is it easier or harder to deal with a non-Lexus dealership for a pre-owned purchase?
http://www.hyundaiofbedford.com/used...f5a5ab5e00.htm
Old 02-02-18, 04:30 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Yes, I have been scouring cars.com and cargurus.com daily - on a nationwide radius, the occasional craigslist search, and have at least 5 Lexus dealerships looking out for me for my specific requests. I know that I have a limited budget (low 30's) and you're right I'm very picky on colors (although not on features - just must have ML). I'm willing to travel to get a car and drive it back (within reason - maybe up to 10 hour drive), and pay for a PPI before I fly out. There just hasn't been much at all that has come available in my criteria and it's getting frustrating.

Your thoughts on this one? Higher mileage than I was hoping to be at and not L-certified... Not serviced regularly with Lexus. Meets my color and must have requirements. IYO, Is it easier or harder to deal with a non-Lexus dealership for a pre-owned purchase?
http://www.hyundaiofbedford.com/used...f5a5ab5e00.htm
It looks good. Well within your budget. You should run the numbers thru the various websites (KBB, NADA, cars.com etc.) to find the dealer selling price range to see if this car is priced right. Note that it does not have ML. You are fine buying from a non-Lexus dealer. I bought my used car from a small time dealer, and I am perfectly happy with it two years later. But I got it PPI'd at a Lexus dealership, which was OK but not very comprehensive. If I were to do it again, I would get a PPI from an online company like LemonSquad. Be sure to check both CarFax and Autocheck for accident reports. More reliable than just using one of them. Good luck!
Old 02-03-18, 04:40 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by comotiger
It looks good. Well within your budget. You should run the numbers thru the various websites (KBB, NADA, cars.com etc.) to find the dealer selling price range to see if this car is priced right. Note that it does not have ML. You are fine buying from a non-Lexus dealer. I bought my used car from a small time dealer, and I am perfectly happy with it two years later. But I got it PPI'd at a Lexus dealership, which was OK but not very comprehensive. If I were to do it again, I would get a PPI from an online company like LemonSquad. Be sure to check both CarFax and Autocheck for accident reports. More reliable than just using one of them. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I had already called the nearest Lexus dealership to get a PPI quote from them figuring it would be the most comprehensive and they would know what to look for on that particular car. You recommend Lemonsquad over Lexus for PPI?

It does have ML. Hard to tell from the pic so I had dealer confirm they physically see the logo and also got the build sheet from Lexus.
Old 02-03-18, 08:51 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I had already called the nearest Lexus dealership to get a PPI quote from them figuring it would be the most comprehensive and they would know what to look for on that particular car. You recommend Lemonsquad over Lexus for PPI?
It does have ML. Hard to tell from the pic so I had dealer confirm they physically see the logo and also got the build sheet from Lexus.
I missed the ML logo the first time. PPI from LemonSquad can be performed before you decide to travel to see the car, whereas I presume you would be taking the car to the Lexus dealer for PPI. Some used car dealerships, like the one I bought from, will take the car to Lexus for PPI before you travel because they want to make the sale. But IMO, the Lexus PPI is not very comprehensive in that they may not pay attention to cosmetic issues. For example, the Lexus PPI for my car missed some rear bumper work and a small dent on the front bumper, for which I could have negotiated a lower price. Lemonsquad and similar companies will give the car a thorough inspection and provide you lots of pics and even an estimate for any repairs to help you with the decision. Lexus may be better for checking mechanicals since they will raise the car and check whereas Lemonsquad may not put the car up. Since PPIs are about $150, perhaps you can do both for peace of mind: Lexus and Lemonsquad. Good luck!
Old 02-07-18, 01:41 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

That one sold the day after I called telling them I was interested in arranging a PPI. Oh well. Waiting for the next one to come along. Trying to be patient.
Old 02-09-18, 08:07 PM
scubadvr1
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 2013 LS460 RWD car, however I am not planning to purchase the LS500 until December AT THE EARLIEST. Here are some details about the car, if you are interested I guess we can discuss further but if any of the details are a dealbreaker for you please let me know:
1) The car exterior is Liquid Platinum with a Black interior
2) I am the original owner and the car is located in south Florida so there is no winter wear on the car
3) The car has 84,000 miles on it and will likely have approx. 95,000 miles by December
4) The car is equipped with Mark Levinson, 19" split seven spoke wheels, LED headlamps, Semi aniline trim with Alcantra Headliner, All Weather Package
5) etc. etc. options
6) The sticker price was $80,616 when I bought it with more options not listed here
I can provide more details including pictures if this is still something you wish to consider
Oh, and no accidents, all service records, had to replace the upper control arms about 4,000 miles ago as well as brake pads but nothing else other than regular maintenance. Pretty much mint condition
Old 02-11-18, 11:15 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scubadvr1
I have a 2013 LS460 RWD car, however I am not planning to purchase the LS500 until December AT THE EARLIEST. Here are some details about the car, if you are interested I guess we can discuss further but if any of the details are a dealbreaker for you please let me know:
1) The car exterior is Liquid Platinum with a Black interior
2) I am the original owner and the car is located in south Florida so there is no winter wear on the car
3) The car has 84,000 miles on it and will likely have approx. 95,000 miles by December
4) The car is equipped with Mark Levinson, 19" split seven spoke wheels, LED headlamps, Semi aniline trim with Alcantra Headliner, All Weather Package
5) etc. etc. options
6) The sticker price was $80,616 when I bought it with more options not listed here
I can provide more details including pictures if this is still something you wish to consider
Oh, and no accidents, all service records, had to replace the upper control arms about 4,000 miles ago as well as brake pads but nothing else other than regular maintenance. Pretty much mint condition
Thanks but I'm looking for an AWD that's available in the next month. Must have either Parchment interior, or Black with Matte wood interior. I really don't care for the Shimamoku. And ideally less than 70K miles. I'm still scouring the websites every day.
Old 02-24-18, 03:14 PM
Lexussammy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2013

Plan on trading in my 2013 ls with only 28k black on black but no ML
Old 02-24-18, 03:20 PM
Lexussammy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My 2013 ls

Planning on trading/selling my 2013 ls for 2018. Blk/blk with only 28k miles. In like new condition well maintained always garaged. Looking for $35k. No ML
Old 02-26-18, 06:34 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lexussammy
Planning on trading/selling my 2013 ls for 2018. Blk/blk with only 28k miles. In like new condition well maintained always garaged. Looking for $35k. No ML
Sorry for the late response, just saw this. Thanks but unless it has the matte wood interior, I really don't like an all black interior. Also looking for ML. I appreciate the offer though. Good luck to you and enjoy your new LS!

Quick Reply: Anyone planning to get a LS500 and trading in a 2013?