2018 LS 500 Not Available Until Feb 2018? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460 and LS460 F.

2018 LS 500 Not Available Until Feb 2018?

Old 09-22-17, 06:18 PM   #1
MJA1951
Driver

Default 2018 LS 500 Not Available Until Feb 2018?

I just saw something online from Autoweek that the 2018 LS wont be available until Feb 2018. If this it true it's a shame that Lexus continues to drag their feet when I am sure people are anxious to purchase a new model when the current model has been out for years.

For me, I have a 2004 LS with 85K miles that I have wanted to upgrade for years but with the current model out for so long, talking to the local dealers it was always "next year for the new LS" for a few years. Not wanting to get the end of the older technology and styling, I've decided to wait.

I am sure the new LS will be nice, but with the Mercedes S Class and BMW 7 series being upgraded twice while Lexus owner are still waiting doesn't say much for Lexus.
MJA1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 09:40 PM   #2
jainla
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJA1951 View Post
I just saw something online from Autoweek that the 2018 LS wont be available until Feb 2018. If this it true it's a shame that Lexus continues to drag their feet when I am sure people are anxious to purchase a new model when the current model has been out for years.

For me, I have a 2004 LS with 85K miles that I have wanted to upgrade for years but with the current model out for so long, talking to the local dealers it was always "next year for the new LS" for a few years. Not wanting to get the end of the older technology and styling, I've decided to wait.

I am sure the new LS will be nice, but with the Mercedes S Class and BMW 7 series being upgraded twice while Lexus owner are still waiting doesn't say much for Lexus.
I was at the dealer test driving an RC-F for a friend in Northern California (rough life) and he said that the 5LS had been delayed until January. When I asked why he said that Akio Toyoda himself had delayed it because a couple things 'weren't quite there yet.'

Originally it wasn't supposed to be available until EOY anyway so a couple months is no big deal. He said they would have one in the showroom before the holidays. Agreed though a replacement is long overdue.

Seems like the pursuit of perfection takes time.
jainla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 03:08 AM   #3
bigblack06

I was told orders can be made in Nov and will not begin to arrive until January, Feb. so that sounds correct. I was gonna wait for this but found out that the LS-F is really coming 2019 I'll wait for that one rather than get this one.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 10:01 AM   #4
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainla View Post
I was at the dealer test driving an RC-F for a friend in Northern California (rough life) and he said that the 5LS had been delayed until January. When I asked why he said that Akio Toyoda himself had delayed it because a couple things 'weren't quite there yet.'

Originally it wasn't supposed to be available until EOY anyway so a couple months is no big deal. He said they would have one in the showroom before the holidays. Agreed though a replacement is long overdue.

Seems like the pursuit of perfection takes time.
I sure hope that a couple of the things that need to be perfected are the "stop and go" driving and the assistant steering/keep lane assist.
PatsSoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PatsSoxfan For This Useful Post:
aypues (09-28-17)