LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

LS500 or GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-17, 11:07 AM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
Honestly I wouldn't buy either...Their are better options out there.

Just for discussion, what cars are you cross shopping vs the LS? And as the person said above me, it's true. The car hasn't been released yet, so you can't quite say theirs a better option vs the LS at the current moment.
The following users liked this post:
sha4000 (08-11-17)
Old 06-28-17, 11:08 PM
vtp86
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I currently have a GS350, and I would go for the LS500 hands down. The GS-F is way too boy racer-ish, and those bucket seats are just something my back cannot handle for long drives. I remember my dad leased a LS460 back in 2008, and that thing was an absolute dream. I was "one of those" family members some posters were talking about that loved the LS. I guess in a weird way, I want to eventually be able to get an LS to follow my father's footsteps. But I digress... After seeing the videos of the LS500 interior, I am completely sold.
Old 06-29-17, 06:44 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by vtp86
I currently have a GS350, and I would go for the LS500 hands down. The GS-F is way too boy racer-ish, and those bucket seats are just something my back cannot handle for long drives. I remember my dad leased a LS460 back in 2008, and that thing was an absolute dream. I was "one of those" family members some posters were talking about that loved the LS. I guess in a weird way, I want to eventually be able to get an LS to follow my father's footsteps. But I digress... After seeing the videos of the LS500 interior, I am completely sold.
I still go back and forth with it, the LS vs GS, the GS is fun, and I'm only in an Fsport, I can imagine the GSF, but on the other hand, the LS will always be a level above no matter how u look at it. Like an E63 vs S550. My lease is up in 9 months so I have some decisions to make.
Old 06-29-17, 10:07 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedozz
I still go back and forth with it, the LS vs GS, the GS is fun, and I'm only in an Fsport, I can imagine the GSF, but on the other hand, the LS will always be a level above no matter how u look at it. Like an E63 vs S550. My lease is up in 9 months so I have some decisions to make.
How are the roads that you drive on everyday?

LS to isolate the noise and road ragers.

GS to enjoy the twisties and exercising the right foot. Nobody buys an F to drive at or under the speed limit (not to kill yourself or people around you either-use common sense).
I've encountered countless of people buy AMGs, //Ms, turbo porsches...and literally drive like a grandma, both hands gripping the steering wheel, barely going over 60 on an open road, and not even enjoying it.
Again, I'm not saying you have to be speed demon, but come on, just get strip a version if you don't plan on seeing less than 10 mpgs on your read out here and there
Old 05-29-20, 05:05 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Hi guys, I wanted to revive this thread - 3 years have gone by since I posted this, I ended up leasing a 18 GS Fsport, and with 12 months left, I'm asking the same question again, my dream car GSF ( now the entire line is discontinued) or the LS500, now that it's been out almost 3 years. Has anyone driven both cars and have feedback? The LS is the next level up flagship but the GSF will be even more rare.
rvgr (05-30-20)
Old 05-31-20, 05:03 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,141 Likes on 849 Posts

GSF all day, better engine by a landslide and a bigger more imposing car overall. More true to the original LS anyway vs the weird thing we have now

The 500 is just another V6 wannabe car, I wouldn't even look at one if I was shopping for an S class/7/A8 level car but the GSF would be on the comparison drive list if I'm looking for an AMG/RS/M car

I'm probably letting my disappointment of my test drive bleed through, the GS and LC are both way better in my opinion

Last edited by Striker223; 05-31-20 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-02-20, 03:08 AM
Lead Lap

Received 749 Likes on 503 Posts

Go for the 2020 RC F. It’s a better looking car than the GS F.
Old 06-09-20, 04:50 PM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys, I wanted to revive this thread - 3 years have gone by since I posted this, I ended up leasing a 18 GS Fsport, and with 12 months left, I'm asking the same question again, my dream car GSF ( now the entire line is discontinued) or the LS500, now that it's been out almost 3 years. Has anyone driven both cars and have feedback? The LS is the next level up flagship but the GSF will be even more rare.
I have owned both. I had a 16' GSF that I returned in January and currently have a 19 LS F-sport.
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either car, but i can say without an ounce of hesitation the GSF is such a cool, fun car to drive. The exhaust note will literally put a smile on your face every time you start the car.
the LS just feels more refined, which goes without saying and while I have no issues with the LS, I do miss that growl of the V8 on the GSF. I love the fit and finish of the LS more, but enjoyed driving the GSF.
In the 3 years I owned the GSF, I only saw maybe 4 on the road so that exclusivity was pretty cool too.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.
bigblack06 (06-10-20)
Old 06-10-20, 08:48 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elitedax3
I have owned both. I had a 16' GSF that I returned in January and currently have a 19 LS F-sport.
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either car, but i can say without an ounce of hesitation the GSF is such a cool, fun car to drive. The exhaust note will literally put a smile on your face every time you start the car.
the LS just feels more refined, which goes without saying and while I have no issues with the LS, I do miss that growl of the V8 on the GSF. I love the fit and finish of the LS more, but enjoyed driving the GSF.
In the 3 years I owned the GSF, I only saw maybe 4 on the road so that exclusivity was pretty cool too.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for, what made you make the change?
Old 06-10-20, 09:03 PM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

My lease was up on the GSF and I just didn't want the same car for 6 years. I like to change it up. Nothing at all wrong with the GSF and I promise you will love it
Old 07-14-20, 11:03 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I drove them back to back, few times. GSF is much more fun to drive so picked up a new 19 few months ago. Had the 460 for a while so wanted little more thrill. Can’t go wrong with the GSF the engine is amazing.
Old 07-14-20, 04:20 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by UZ214
I drove them back to back, few times. GSF is much more fun to drive so picked up a new 19 few months ago. Had the 460 for a while so wanted little more thrill. Can’t go wrong with the GSF the engine is amazing.
Thanks for sharing here - how did u feel as a daily driver giving up the larger comfortable LS for the GSF? I have the GS Fsport now and love it, just keep going back and forth on the LS because it feels like the next level up but would love your experience coming from an LS.
Old 07-14-20, 05:49 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

nothing beats the comfort and relaxing ride of the LS, my kids favorite car is the LS. After a long day at work the LS is the place to be in and it literally spoils you. i would be at times dozing off at a long stretch near my home where there is no traffic. The ML is also superb compared to ML system in other Lexus cars. But it’s not as engaging and fun to drive, I guess the biggest strengths is also it’s weakness.
the ls500 drives sportier than the 460 is but GSF is On just another level.

It really depends on your likeness if you are after a comfortable ride or a sportier one. Gsf is no M5 or even Isf, ride is not harsh at all. It looks like a regular GS until you start it up and push the gas, it wants to go fast all the time. It’s prefect for a DD, with just enough power and it’s super rare. Surprises a lot of folks
I love it.

Thanks for sharing here - how did u feel as a daily driver giving up the larger comfortable LS for the GSF? I have the GS Fsport now and love it, just keep going back and forth on the LS because it feels like the next level up but would love your experience coming from an LS.
Old 07-14-20, 09:16 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by UZ214
nothing beats the comfort and relaxing ride of the LS, my kids favorite car is the LS. After a long day at work the LS is the place to be in and it literally spoils you. i would be at times dozing off at a long stretch near my home where there is no traffic. The ML is also superb compared to ML system in other Lexus cars. But it’s not as engaging and fun to drive, I guess the biggest strengths is also it’s weakness.
the ls500 drives sportier than the 460 is but GSF is On just another level.

It really depends on your likeness if you are after a comfortable ride or a sportier one. Gsf is no M5 or even Isf, ride is not harsh at all. It looks like a regular GS until you start it up and push the gas, it wants to go fast all the time. It’s prefect for a DD, with just enough power and it’s super rare. Surprises a lot of folks
I love it.
Thanks alot for the feedback, that was great and makes perfect sense. I guess best bet to just test drive LS500 back to back against the GSF and make a decision.
Old 08-09-20, 12:58 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks alot for the feedback, that was great and makes perfect sense. I guess best bet to just test drive LS500 back to back against the GSF and make a decision.
I had 2 GSFs before i got into LS 500, Both cars have their own merits depending on your preference.
LS 500 Ride quality is like no other, Had amazing big body presence....Great Acceleration, handling, Luxury features..etc

However, after having it closer for one year, i itched for raw performance and handling without giving up too much space & luxury. So GS F seemed to have fit the bill.

I would say, Drive both cars extensively...They are both amazing cars with their own Pros & Cons and you won't be disappointed in either.

Quick Reply: LS500 or GS-F