LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2014 LS460L AWD tire eater

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-19, 02:05 PM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2014 LS460L AWD tire eater

47 k miles on my LS 460. Love the vehicle but it is a tire eater. Getting 24k miles from the OEM Michlens replaced them with Pirelli's and same result. I shopped around some today and understand Pirelli Strada is a new model as well Bridgestone has a new model that suits this vehicle. Two questions,

Is my tired life experience typical? What would be a better tire if I wanted move life out of it? The second set of tires was a PZero Nero not the model recommended here.O

Any updates to the Pirelli tire recommended by the forum since some time has passed and new models have come out?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-19, 03:16 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Well, I can tell you what I've gotten with my tires.

23,277 on the original tires (which I think were Bridgestone E42 Turanzas)

29,492 on Pirelli P Zero Neros

47,414 on Continental Eco Plus

34,520 on Pirelli Cinturato P7

I am now on my second set of Pirelli P7's. If you want mileage, I'd recommend the Contis, but their wet and snow traction is sub par.
Old 07-18-19, 12:41 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Well, I can tell you what I've gotten with my tires.

23,277 on the original tires (which I think were Bridgestone E42 Turanzas)

29,492 on Pirelli P Zero Neros

47,414 on Continental Eco Plus

34,520 on Pirelli Cinturato P7

I am now on my second set of Pirelli P7's. If you want mileage, I'd recommend the Contis, but their wet and snow traction is sub par.
Thanks. Any experiencce with getting the tires from Sam's Club? Im a new member so not bought tires there before. Also wife has membership in Costco if that is special in anyway
Thanks

Last edited by Johnhw2; 07-18-19 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-18-19, 05:25 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I have bought two sets of Bridgestone Serenity's at Costco for two different LS 460s. I can't speak to tire longevity because I bought them for quiet and smooth ride -- which they delivered. The stock tires - Bridgestone EL 42 got about 19K miles before they needed to be replaced.
The following users liked this post:
dlbuckls10 (07-18-19)
Old 07-18-19, 06:23 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
I have bought two sets of Bridgestone Serenity's at Costco for two different LS 460s. I can't speak to tire longevity because I bought them for quiet and smooth ride -- which they delivered. The stock tires - Bridgestone EL 42 got about 19K miles before they needed to be replaced.
The two sets of tires I have had both have been plenty quiet. The Michelin OEM and the Pirellia PNeros were both silent and delivered about 24k miles.I do not rotate tires yet still got even wear acoss all four tires.I am not looking for the longest life tire exclusively but would like a silent one with better life than I have experienced. I like the combination of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AD tire so far and liely to get that one this go around.
Old 07-19-19, 05:24 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

I've run the Goodyear Eagle Sport here in the Midwest, have put on about 30k on them and they look at least with 75% tread remaining easily on my 2013 AWD (non-L, non f-sport).
I especially love the tires due to having their "rim protector" design on them..
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ort-all-season and came with I believe a $60.00 mail-in rebate.
Old 07-20-19, 02:00 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tofuprod
I've run the Goodyear Eagle Sport here in the Midwest, have put on about 30k on them and they look at least with 75% tread remaining easily on my 2013 AWD (non-L, non f-sport).
I especially love the tires due to having their "rim protector" design on them..
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ort-all-season and came with I believe a $60.00 mail-in rebate.
I assume they are quiet enough for your wants too. Thanks for the info interesting.
Old 07-20-19, 07:04 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhw2
I assume they are quiet enough for your wants too. Thanks for the info interesting.
I do have the OE single stack exhaust vents, but yes- even before they were put on, I had these tires on and they are buttery smooth and quiet. They absorb the road noise quite well from daily local commute to high way runs where I've gone admittedly faster than the average person in the left lane.

I in fact love these tires so much I run them on the lady's IS250 as well as recommending them to nearly anyone that may be thinking about getting new tires. I've had zero complaints with them.

Great tread life, rock solid performance (not a race tire but definitely adequate enough for spirited driving), comfortable and attractively priced (IMHO). Have I mentioned the rim protector design? That was an added bonus that I just cannot foresee not having for any vehicle I own now (I'm also not the best at parking near curbs so this eliminates some of that anxiety).
Old 07-22-19, 06:59 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

You have me intrigued about the Goodyear Eagle. I am not finding that exact model for my vehicle. Goodyear Eagle RS -A2 comes up as a match is that essentially the same tire you are referring to?
Old 07-22-19, 09:34 AM
Ledfam
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Goodyear Eagle Rsa-2.. I do love the look. I have the 245/45/19. I get approx. 23-25k on mine using 35 cold.
Old 07-22-19, 01:38 PM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

I am nearly decided to get the Pirelli's touted so highly by many drivers here. Sams club has the best price on it and I am there at 7am a few days a week so getting the rotate and balance done, which is included in the installation if I remain a member, is easy to do as they can knock it out in 30 minutes and no reservation needed that time of day. So shop and get her done a two fer lol.

Be happy if I can get 30k miles on this set.
Old 07-23-19, 08:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhw2
I do not rotate tires.
Well, there you go.

Rotate them and you'll get longer life.
Old 07-25-19, 05:58 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Well, there you go.

Rotate them and you'll get longer life.
Plan to on this set from Sam's comes with life time free rotate and balance. I visit Sam's 2 to 3 times a week at 7am they can do it in the time I am shopping with no wait as no one but me seems to be up that early lol.. I do not see uneven wear on the set I am replacing would that be an indication of a lose of life due to not rotating?
Old 07-25-19, 07:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I don't see how you don't see more wear in the front than in the rear from my own experience, even rotating them you can tell that the front tires take more wear than the rear tires.
Old 07-26-19, 04:38 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I don't see how you don't see more wear in the front than in the rear from my own experience, even rotating them you can tell that the front tires take more wear than the rear tires.
Had two measurements of tire thread remaining. Discount Tire does the best job taking three or four readings across the tire. No noticeable different wear on inside or outside of any of the four tires on her now. When paying to have tires rotated and at an inconvenient location I have not rotated or re balanced tires on either car. My big Infiniti QX SUV got 50+k miles out of the OEM doing things that way.

Sams is convenient to me as I do the shoping and cooking here now wiht wife having severe RA. I go to Sam's at 7am at least twice a week They assured me they can rotate and balance them in 30 to 45 minutes that time of day with no wait as not many come in that early other than restaurant owners and caterers who pick up preordered goods in a drive up car port used for this purpose. So no cost, no wait I am going to rotate an balance. How often is it recommended?

Quick Reply: 2014 LS460L AWD tire eater