Brakes Squeal when backing up - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brakes Squeal when backing up

Old 03-15-19, 09:40 AM
P460lawd
Driver School Candidate

Default Brakes Squeal when backing up

I have a 2012 LS 460L AWD. Changed the brake pads and used the E-brake for the first time. When I finished, I clicked the E-brake off and now the brakes squeal every time my wife backs car up - no squealing in forward. I'm assuming E-brakes hung up, but I guess I'm not sure why? I don't feel like removing the rotar to inspect as the car only has 45,000 miles, so the E-brakes should not be too used. Can I adjust the E-brakes without removing the rotar. Also, wondering why it only squeals in revers. Thanks for any advice.
Old 03-15-19, 10:33 AM
prichmon
Driver School Candidate

Yes. At least on my 07 you can.

Pull the wheel
There should be 10 holes.
5 are studs and 5 others.
While turning the rotor at the 9 o'clock position there will be an opening.
In other words as you roll the rotor around 1 of the odd 5 holes holes will align with a hole in the bearing flange.
Use an ~1/4-5/16" screwdriver to adjust the brakes.

Look up rear e-brake replacement.

Rich
Old 03-15-19, 12:34 PM
P460lawd
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. I guess I'm still curious why it is squealing when backing up. I would think if the E brakes were tight on the rotor they would squeal in both directions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: