LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To those interested in logo projector puddle lamps, I found the best ones

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-18, 09:01 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
I know they aren’t the same. I bought the same old ones you did from Amazon also.

Does the seller sell them on eBay or Amazon or just directly from their website?
Ah gotcha.

From looking around it looks like they used to sell them on Amazon but don't anymore. Looks like they just sell them from their website.
Old 11-20-18, 09:07 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

I got a set off of Ebay " Ghost Shadow lights" It's really hit or miss with a lot of cheap ones out there. No problems with the ones I bought over a year ago. $20 for 4, you can't go wrong, I only have them for the front. Putting them in the rear is over doing it for me. I have non logo led lights in the rear. The 2nd set is a spare for now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-LED-Logo-Laser-Door-Courtesy-Ghost-Shadow-Light-for-Lexus-ES-IS-LS-LX-RX-SC/253041445172?fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item3aea720934:g:3dUAAOSwgPBb5ZXg:rk:1f:0
Product Features
  • 100% brand new and high quality.
  • When opening the door, you will see LED light projection like welcoming you, and emanating charmingly.
  • As the decorative shadow light, when you stop the car, open the door shadow could be showed on the road. Bring more driving fun to drivers.
  • Direct replacement.No drilling, no wiring, no disassemblying, no modifications, no damage to your Car.
  • No error or warning on dashboard.
  • No pollution, no noise, no electronic interference, waterproof and dustproof design. Durable and non-fading brilliant beams.
  • Super bright LED, power consumption saving.
  • How to install: Use A Installation Tool To Remove And Disconnect Original Door Step Lights; then to install the new lights.
  • Note: Please confirm your car model and year before purchase.
Compatibility Lexus Model
  • Lexus RX 2007-2016.
  • Lexus ES 2006-2016.
  • Lexus GX 2010-2016.
  • Lexus LS 2003 -2016.
  • Lexus LX 2009 -2016.
  • Lexus IS 2006-2016.
Took some pics below:

The following users liked this post:
Daswede420 (09-27-21)
Old 11-20-18, 09:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Those look pretty similar, although the "LEXUS" script is not quite right
Old 11-20-18, 09:28 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Those look pretty similar, although the "LEXUS" script is not quite right
Really? I'm really trying hard to see the difference. If there were actual oem Lexus logo lights available then that would be the actual bench mark.

The following users liked this post:
Daswede420 (09-27-21)
Old 11-20-18, 09:50 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

They look the same to me also but who cares. If members can get them cheaper I'm all for it. I was just wondering how long any of them will last and can the bulb be changed?
Old 11-20-18, 10:06 AM
JLAWS
Racer

It doesn't appear that you can open it up and change the bulb. Leds are suppose to last longer than regular bulbs so I expect them to last thru my ownership of my LS460
Old 11-20-18, 01:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If you look at the "LEXUS" script, the middle part of the E ends in a point, the bottom part of the X is rounded off in a way that isn't the same as the regular Lexus script, and the projection isn't as crisp. The picture of mine you posted is on knobby asphalt vs a flat surface like the picture of yours. If you look at the picture of mine in my garage you should be able to see the difference.

Getting something for cheaper is great, as long as its the same thing. These are laser etched with the name of their company on the back, etc. I really don't think you're going to get these exact units somewhere else cheaper.

Not looking to argue, if people want to buy the cheap ones go for it, just sharing that I bought the cheap ones and these more expensive ones and these are a lot better. Just looking at the housings, etc the improvement in quality is really clear. If the ones I bought for $15 for 2 were crappy, I can't imagine ones for $15 for 4 are going to be much better.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-20-18 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-20-18, 04:04 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
If you look at the "LEXUS" script, the middle part of the E ends in a point, the bottom part of the X is rounded off in a way that isn't the same as the regular Lexus script, and the projection isn't as crisp. The picture of mine you posted is on knobby asphalt vs a flat surface like the picture of yours. If you look at the picture of mine in my garage you should be able to see the difference.

Getting something for cheaper is great, as long as its the same thing. These are laser etched with the name of their company on the back, etc. I really don't think you're going to get these exact units somewhere else cheaper.

Not looking to argue, if people want to buy the cheap ones go for it, just sharing that I bought the cheap ones and these more expensive ones and these are a lot better. Just looking at the housings, etc the improvement in quality is really clear. If the ones I bought for $15 for 2 were crappy, I can't imagine ones for $15 for 4 are going to be much better.
agreed, after a proper look I see what you mean about the script
Old 11-26-18, 05:17 AM
ldmf
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a FYI, I ordered these script lights a week ago and just received a refund without explanation from the company. I guess they are out of stock, cease and desists order, or maybe my money is not green enough. Don't know, just figured I would alert the group.
Old 11-26-18, 06:11 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ldmf
Just a FYI, I ordered these script lights a week ago and just received a refund without explanation from the company. I guess they are out of stock, cease and desists order, or maybe my money is not green enough. Don't know, just figured I would alert the group.
ebay ones or ones from windfireauto?
Old 11-26-18, 12:02 PM
ldmf
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

windfireauto
Old 11-26-18, 01:23 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

windfireauto
i emailed them a week or so ago and they told me they can issue a paypal invoice for my purchase you should email them directly so they can do the same if you would like some i also confirmed that the lamps can be moved up to 80 degs and pointed in different direction.

"
Hi. Yes we can send to Ukraine. The postage is us$25 (~12 ounces)

Are you referring to TE006? Yes. It’s Len can be adjusted 80 degree

We can send you PayPal invoice if that works for you (you can pay with credit card)"
Old 11-27-18, 07:55 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I ordered a set on November 19th paid via paypal. They were in the mailbox yesterday.

Now I have to figure out how to remove the panel to install them. Looks like a Sunday project.
Old 11-27-18, 08:10 PM
JLAWS
Racer

It take 1 minute to install. Use a plastic trim pry tool and pop the light out
Old 11-27-18, 10:26 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
I ordered a set on November 19th paid via paypal. They were in the mailbox yesterday.

Now I have to figure out how to remove the panel to install them. Looks like a Sunday project.
what the guy before said no panels need to be removed

Quick Reply: To those interested in logo projector puddle lamps, I found the best ones