Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600hL 12v battery replacement, get this one

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-18, 03:05 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LS600hL 12v battery replacement, get this one

After trying to find a replacement battery for my 600 for quite some time, I found a battery that fits dimensionally, as well as exceeds the performance of the factory battery. There is even a location to place the temperature probe as well as the vent tube.

Interstate Battery
MTP-94R/H7 (non agm)
MTX-94R/H7 (AGM)

Last edited by JiffyPop; 11-10-18 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-10-18, 03:43 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Great info. I was considering a 24F battery for replacement but never looked into the H7/94R size. What other brands did you consider in this size? I see several options like Duracell, Bosch, Napa, Diehard, Everstart Platinum (WalMart) besides Interstate MTP.

The dying 12V battery in this hybrid is a scary thing as the car just won't start and gives lights of all sorts with seemingly no remedy. I have a AGM charger that I've hooked up my current battery to to maintain while not driving but the days of my old battery are limited I think due to age. I'm thinking a new battery every 3-5 years might be prudent as preventative maintenance for this hybrid.

Last edited by writes123; 11-10-18 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-10-18, 04:59 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JiffyPop
After trying to find a replacement battery for my 600 for quite some time, I found an AGM battery that fits dimensionally ...

Interstate Battery
MTP-94R/H7
That is a non-AGM flooded battery. Wouldn’t the Interstate MTX-94R H7 be a better choice, since it is AGM?
Old 11-10-18, 05:12 PM
writes123
Pole Position

From a quick search, the EverStart is the cheapest 164, followed by the Bosch 175 via Pepboys. All these are AGM batteries with near identical RC and CC. From what I have read on other hybrid in CL forums, the RC is the main item to look at as CC is irrelevant for Lexus hybrids.

Tough times when these batteries die. Best to keep the ACC mode on minimally and regularly replace them.
Old 11-10-18, 05:21 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Originally Posted by KYLS

That is a non-AGM flooded battery. Wouldn’t the Interstate MTX-94R H7 be a better choice, since it is AGM?
Damn, you are correct. I could have sworn the chart at the store showed this as being an AGM. Oh well. The MTX is the better way to go for sure, but at least I can tell you the H7 has correct fitment.
Old 11-10-18, 05:48 PM
writes123
Pole Position

It's great to to have a "popular" battery size H7 versus the D31 one only available from the dealer.
Old 05-06-19, 12:33 PM
davano79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12V battery

What's the difference between MTP vs MTX?
Old 05-06-19, 12:43 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Originally Posted by davano79
What's the difference between MTP vs MTX?
MTX is an AGM battery
MTP is a sealed lead acid

Either will work but the MTX is the better choice
Old 05-06-19, 12:52 PM
davano79
Driver School Candidate

Okay, Thanks Jiffypop!
Old 05-24-19, 02:47 PM
davano79
Driver School Candidate

Default 12V battery old vs new

So I'm having a problem, not sure how you did yours, I thought it was going to be a simple plug & play thing. Do I need to do modifications, do get it excatly like how yours looks. I tried to leave the wires disconnected however, PCS light and check hybrid system showed up on dash with new battery. I put old battery back in with connections, PCS light off, but check hybrid system is still being displayed. Can tell me step by step what I need to do JiffyPop.

Old 05-24-19, 04:52 PM
davano79
Driver School Candidate

I figured out the temperature probe thing that was hidden underneath the label, now the vent tube thing is a problem the OEM one is too big for the little hole on the new battery, how do I fix this problem?
Old 12-01-19, 11:54 AM
Ross600hTX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KYLS

Question on the LS600h battery replacement. I see in the pics of the original Panasonic battery that there is a plug for the temp sensor?? But I don't see or hear anything about the Interstate battery or any others having a plug for the temp sensor??? Does that turn on lights on the dash??
Old 12-01-19, 03:35 PM
davano79
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ross600hTX
Question on the LS600h battery replacement. I see in the pics of the original Panasonic battery that there is a plug for the temp sensor?? But I don't see or hear anything about the Interstate battery or any others having a plug for the temp sensor??? Does that turn on lights on the dash??
The temp probe, I couldn't find anywhere on the battery to plug into, the holes on the battery were to small to to put the probe into, so I let it hang near the battery. I have no dash lights on.
Old 05-29-20, 04:08 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross600hTX
I admit from the picture of the battery it's not clear but you have to pull and remove the sensor plug from the old battery and install it manually on the new aftermarket battery. At the end of the sensor plug there is the sensor hidden under the old battery sticker. Although expensive I found the oem Panasonic battery pretty good and I was wondering how the interstate battery was holding up compared to oem. Interstate said it should last twice as much as an original battery but I have a hard time believing the aftermarket battery would last 10 years.
Old 06-27-23, 10:24 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vansibel
I admit from the picture of the battery it's not clear but you have to pull and remove the sensor plug from the old battery and install it manually on the new aftermarket battery. At the end of the sensor plug there is the sensor hidden under the old battery sticker. Although expensive I found the oem Panasonic battery pretty good and I was wondering how the interstate battery was holding up compared to oem. Interstate said it should last twice as much as an original battery but I have a hard time believing the aftermarket battery would last 10 years.
Do you by chance have any pictures explaining this. Unfortunately I have to replace mine. I have already paid for 2 Panasonic batteries and if I can get an aftermarket one for half the price, it would be great. Thank you.

Quick Reply: LS600hL 12v battery replacement, get this one